Author Topic: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?  (Read 31308 times)

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
Re: Who Will Be Our PM After Monday?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 07:20:10 PM »
  Turnbull is very centrist, he would feel just as home in the ALP as the LNP.

Hit it in one, he's a small l Liberal. Someone with a social conscience.

I will never vote for the Conservative Model Libs again until they regain their social conscience.

:cheers:

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
Aussie needs to adopt mmp like NZ did 20 years ago and you'll get far more accountable governments that have people in the job for the betterment of the country, not these clowns...labor included.
It's confusing and messy for a term or two but it's far better
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:26:17 PM by dales133 »

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »
Politics to some is like sport and it wouldn't matter as long as they are on the right team.

Whitlam attempted to be a liberal candidate and failed so joined labor
Abbott was strongly courted by Bob carr to join the NSW labor right as was Nelson and Turnbull. Abott didn't like the union influence in the labor party otherwise he would have joined.

Yep Howard squandered some lolly on the haves what about the billions  he also squandered on the have nots and the bogan baby bonus

But nobody pi55ed the lolly jar away faster than Rudd and gillard, and other than school halls we have nothing left other than some dead insulation fitters  and a shed load of useless school laptops.

Bishop was questioned on the UN postion and she said she would still be against the expense of it if it came again.

The UN is a total waste of funds, a wank feast for small time beurcrates to feel good, they achieve FA they didn't help timor for 15 yrs and they didn't stop the BS war in Iraq which has a a lot to do with the current situation.

Small government concentrating on job creation and national wealth. No privatization of major utilities investment in the sciences and development.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
I don't get why he is so unpopular. Knighting the Prince was defo unpopular but prior to the election the two most important things the voters wanted was to stop the boats and the carbon tax.

He is not my favourite PM but I don't know why he is poison.

Probably because once those two things were done with all he had was an empty sack.  And even those two were only really popular with a percentage of the populace.  An important yet small percentage.

(Seriously, once you think it through, the cost to 'stop the boats' is simply incredible and beyond comprehension ((bet no-one can name it without googling)) and the carbon tax was really next to nothing in the scheme of monetary issues).

Abbott has made the fundamental mistake, as have the last two, of standing front and centre of decisions.  Something the wiley old fox Howard rarely did, leaving his ministers to announce things and he would take the credit for the good, and sack the minister when it was not so.

To be honest, I think that quite a few people woke up after voting for abbotts govt and felt like you do after waking up after a bender and finding a hooker in your bed.  Sure, seemed good at the time ..........

As for PM.  Turnbull would be silly to do anything but show support.  Abbott's numbers are terminal, will continue to plunge and the next spill will be a cakewalk for Turnbull.  Abbott has a lot of baggage, not all of his own making.  The treasurers smoking their cigars did a LOT of damage.  More than they probably imagine.  Abbotts wink on radio when the adult phone line worker rang was very damaging as well. 

Will be interesting viewing!
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »
Sorry to rain on your parade, But Politics, as is religion it's a personal thing.
Something that is discussed face to face.
Not here.

I must agree, Politics and religion should not be discussed in pubs or forums.

I was very proud of this forum during the Queensland election, no politics or views were raised.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »
Sorry to rain on your parade, But Politics, as is religion it's a personal thing.
Something that is discussed face to face.
Not here.

Come to a Campfire , drink your fill , Then ,,,,
             Vote 1 SPEEWA

What could possibly go rong                    :cup:            :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »
To be honest, I think that quite a few people woke up after voting for abbotts govt and felt like you do after waking up after a bender and finding a hooker in your bed.  Sure, seemed good at the time

ha ha ha ha post of the week.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
I was very proud of this forum during the Queensland election, no politics or views were raised.
Maybe, just maybe the Mods are still on holidays( Good luck to ya's ya buggers) :)
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 07:44:04 PM »
X3

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »
Come to a Campfire , drink your fill , Then ,,,,
             Vote 1 SPEEWA

What could possibly go rong                    :cup:            :cheers:
I'm there  :cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline sschmez

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • sschmez's "Huts" photos on flickr
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »
#?ImStickingWithTony?

* He's scrapped the Carbon Tax
* He's stopped the boats - and the deaths at sea.
* He got rid of the Mining Tax - so Australia is once more seen as a safe place to invest.
* He has over $1 trillion worth of new projects approved, projects that had been held up by Labor.
* He has new road projects now underway to overcome commuter gridlock in our cities.
* After 50 years of buck passing, he's made a decision on a new Western Sydney Airport.
* He's delivered a trifecta of free trade agreements covering more than 50 per cent of our exports – with China, Japan and South Korea.
* He has the live cattle trade - closed down by the ALP in panic over a TV program - booming again.
* At last, he has the NBN is rolling out, widely, reliably and affordably.
* He has Jobs growth running at 4,000 new jobs a week - triple that of 2013
* He has new housing approvals at record levels - creating a boom for tradies.
* He has the registration of new companies at the highest on record.
* He has Economic growth now running at 2.7 per cent, up from 1.9 per cent a year ago.
* He's cracking down on the likes of Hizb-ut-Tahrir and others who nurture Islamic extremism in our suburbs.
* For small business, he's cutting company tax by 1.5% on the 1st July to encourage further employment growth.
* And right now LNP policies have home loan interest rates at the lowest on record, and the September quarter had the biggest fall in power prices on record.

Therefore, even if he'd given a knighthood to Camilla, and despite the lamestream media beat-up
 - I'm sticking with Tony !

(stolen from elsewhere)

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

There used to be a great tradition in this country of being able to discuss politics at the pub, with total strangers.
That was in the day of quality press and not the twitter-driven crap we have today.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
If you can't tollerate those that disagree with you on religion, politics or law you can't do it any better in person
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:01:29 PM by dales133 »

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
Maybe, just maybe the Mods are still on holidays( Good luck to ya's ya buggers) :)

This has been discussed before, political discussion is OK provided it doesn't get out of hand.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 09:38:01 PM »
This has been discussed before, political discussion is OK provided it doesn't get out of hand.
But is ok if it's dc to dc or waeco vs Engel. .......  just joking :)    dc to dc is way more controversial than politics
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:40:03 PM by feisty »
Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
I thought we voted for a political party, not an individual.  It's Government, not a popularity contest.  At times I think all media including Social Media need to but out of something they should have no input into and let the elected Party do their job.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »

It's only an issue if you take things personally.

A forum like this one is actually, IMO, invaluable for a democracy where our information is so manufactured and controlled by vested interests it's not easy to get the truth.

There are some wise heads on here that have seen a lot. I know I have changed my views on a few things based on points put forward.

Now, ask me a religious question - I love arguing with space fairy lovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 02:00:28 AM »
I find it amusing that you are all discussing the possibilities of Abbot getting rolled out of the job. But why does no one bring up the point of why they are allowed to do it? A political party should be stuck with its chosen leader for the duration of its elected term - except for cases where said leader is unable to do the job due to death or serious illness/health issues that restrict their ability to do the job. Maybe, if they couldn't change the leader willy nilly they might have actually made a better decision in the first place.  All this bull Shit that's been going on for the last two weeks or more of leadership is just a distraction to the job these monkeys are supposed to be doing - running the country.
And then there's retirement. A person who is in a position for leadership, whether its PM, premier, mayor etc.. should have to commit to the term they are elected for and not retire half way through.  If they cant commit to the full term they should start of the election process with a leader who can.

Offline camper48

• Swag User
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:44 AM »
hi all. hopefully abuts and hockley will be gone
he has done nothing for Australia
except backflip and tell fibs on just about on every thing
enjoy

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:12 AM »
I thought we voted for a political party, not an individual.  It's Government, not a popularity contest.

Well technically you actually vote for your local member, if you happen to vote along party lines then you may choose to vote that way.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 05:47:15 AM »
One thing I suggest about poor old Tony is that the guy got the gig as PM not because the voters wanted him
BUT
Because the voters wanted the other mob out.
He didn't win, they lost.
This has happened twice in a row here in QLD now. Same for Vic I think.

So now, as said above, everyone has woken up, had some coffee and realised it was a bit of a bad idea.

First thing to fix is this pathetic media circus which has 24 hours of reality TV to fill. Look at how Mal was harrassed on a Sunday morning when trying to go for a walk with his Mrs, just an example here and not supporting Mal. This must stop.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline justice

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 07:53:48 AM »
Strop for PM, Pauline Hanson as Deputy and Paul Hogan Treasurer///////

Thats my vote anyway. :laugh:

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »
yay.. its over!

lock the thread
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »
It's only an issue if you take things personally.

A forum like this one is actually, IMO, invaluable for a democracy where our information is so manufactured and controlled by vested interests it's not easy to get the truth.

There are some wise heads on here that have seen a lot. I know I have changed my views on a few things based on points put forward.

Now, ask me a religious question - I love arguing with space fairy lovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's one thing to debate sensibly, but another thing to insult or deliberately provoke (spoken as a space fairy lover).

everyone is entitled to their opinion/belief, but no-one is entitled to mock. 

that type of freedom is what makes this country great.

Offline Ratbag

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
There used to be a great tradition in this country of being able to discuss politics at the pub, with total strangers.
That was in the day of quality press and not the twitter-driven crap we have today.

I have to agree with that sentiment, B.

The media is almost totally to blame for the beat up that's surrounded this whole issue. They can smell blood after the part they have played in politics generally over the last few years, and they are far from disinterested commentators. A political beat up (or any other kind ... ) sells their product.

If something doesn't actually exist, they appear to have no compunctions whatsoever in inventing it. Some of the key words/phrases they use (among many) are "some people are saying ... " (trans. "We just made this up");  "called by some ... " (trans. "We just made this up");  "some party members are saying ... " (trans. "We just made this up"); the "random" street interview (trans. "We only publish the views of people who strongly support what we are telling you to believe ... "; etc, etc, etc.

Not good for our country in any way shape or form. And this is not any kind of party political statement. These rumour mongers and their 5 second attention span are plain dangerous, regardless of which political party is in office.

Some things should be and need to be reported, but it would be a nice change if the media could learn to do this without "spin" (trans. often out and out lying to suit their own business interests ... ).

Weasel words everywhere. Facts and statements by real, identified people appear to be an endangered species.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:55:41 AM by Ratbag »