Author Topic: So - Is Everyone Organised??  (Read 4720 times)

Offline JCOJ

• Hard Top Camper User
So - Is Everyone Organised??
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »
Not long to go now!!!!

Our house is a bit of a stress ball to say the least!  I have completed all your Participant Handbooks and Catie has binded them, and everything organisational wise to do with the actual trip is all done too!

BUT, as you may be aware, we are waiting for our off-road caravan to be completed. We were originally told our delivery date was the 2nd June. Then it was going to be the 12th June. Now we have been told that it will come out of the factory somewhere between the 16th - 19th June, then after that they need another 3-4 days for final fit out. This gives us a best case scenario of the 19th and a worse case of the 24th June!!

We originally planned to leave on the 23rd, have a day's rest in Coober Pedy, then arrive in Alice on Friday 27th. To make matters worse, the caravan is being built in Melbourne so we have to go there first to collect, come home, pack everything in it, then head up to Alice.

Keep your fingers crossed for us that it's the 19th as if it's the 24th were going to be tired little campers before we even start!!

What else do you have to do to before you go??

Offline Jacko

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Here for a good time not a long time!
Re: So - Is Everyone Organised??
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:28 PM »
You're a calmer man than me John, I'd be totally stressed out waiting for the call to pick up the camper. Only a few small jobs left to do but the car goes in tomorrow to get more work done after a service last week found issues with the front wheel bearings, so once that's done should be all good!

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=15012.msg227580#msg227580
FZJ105 and Camel Discovery Plus CT

Offline shrek4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Lifestyle AT12 & 2020 Nissan Patrol Ti-L
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »
Can't imagine why you guys would be stressed.... Goodness I'd be having kittens!

We're all organised, just finished renewing the insurance and have light bar being fitted next Thursday. Have installed it just need someone with the patience and know how to wire it up.

We leave Saturday and heading to Leigh Creek.

We are sooooo looking forward to it.

Only thing I'm yet to think about is what to do about Mrs Shrek (aka Karen) turning 40 on the 3rd July. Hmmm..... Still thinking about this one.

Offline DanAdelaide

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
hmm let me see
got the tail shaft pulled out tonight, leaking slip yoke plug....wrong yoke sent by wreckers, so will have to work it out tomorrow.
1yr old Odyssey battery failed last week, took them 4 days of testing to confirm, but it had failed and gave a new replacement
Car was in the Auto electrician today, air con fan going all the time, with air on or off, ended up being a earth point for the ECU

Next week, change oil, top up gearbox oils once seal fixed for slip yoke, put batch plates back on and modify rear wheel carrier if time permits

Too many mod's to get done in time on the camper so we brought a Lifestyle Extenda Elite on the 2nd hand market ;D only took possession two weeks ago, took it on shake down trip weekend just gone, pretty kool (was 2.6 over night) and will need to get some thermals (Alice had an overnight reading of Zero degrees this week)

Drop the fish-tank over to the wife's work (childcare centre) so they can look after the fish for a month..

It will all came together in the last week :D if not we will work it out as we go

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:10:58 AM »
Geez john, talk about cutting it fine. How's the blood pressure? :D
We've had a lot going on at home lately which took our minds off the trip for a while, but we're pretty much organised (I think!). Checked and re-packed the trailer bearings on the weekend, and packed a spare set with grease, adjusted the brakes and checked and tightened all bolts and nuts.
I finish work next Tuesday, so its shopping, car service on Thursday and packing on Friday. Then we hit the road at sparrows fart on the Saturday ;D

Only thing I'm yet to think about is what to do about Mrs Shrek (aka Karen) turning 40 on the 3rd July. Hmmm..... Still thinking about this one.

Hey shrek, sounds like a celebration is on the cards!  It's my "almost 40th" on the 5th July 8) ;D
 :cheers:
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline Bookleaf

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
We intended to join the trip but the more suitable tug did not eventuates, so went with plan 'B'. Have just arrived in Alice today after a week at Yulara, Kings Canyon and Glen Hellen via the loop road. Have collected what I think may be useful info for you all and will post shortly.  Agree with the temp, had -1 a couple of nights ago.!!!
Isuzu MUX, LS-M, Cameron Canvas Camper

Offline Mandrake

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Triple Vaxed and ready to go ANYWHERE ( please )
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:51:10 PM »
Apart from clothes n washing stuff - All I need to get is the grog ... But I have a rest week in Mildura so if we have missed anything we can get it there ..
But pretty sure we have it all done and dusted  - even used a check list this time  ;D ;D
Going back to basics - sort of ...

Offline Blueroo

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
Cripes John. I hope they can get the van sorted for you by the 19th. What a pain in the you know what.
We are pretty well sorted apart from final packing.
We've been upgrading the wagon over the last 12 months or so.  Bearings, CV's, rear diff, coolant, tires, hoses and belts are all new. It passed its last pre check inspection with nothing to report. Finally.
Not long now.
Cheers
Stue and Jean

Offline StevenB

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »
where close enough to ready.

Haven't done 90% of the little mods I wanted to, but none of them were required for the trip.

still need to finish re-wiring the UHF antenna though and I might take 1 more look at the dodgy wiring job I've done for the fridge in the Patrol
2015 LC200 GXl with KDSS
2017 Drifta DOT6 DOT216 "Blue DOT"

KingBilly

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:14:21 PM »
No where near ready.  Still building the drawers and fridge box for the Dmax and then need to get about another thousand little jobs done.  Oh well, there is more than a week before we leave  :D

Don't leave without me Stu  :'(

KB

Offline lindamc

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Woodsies Photography
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »
Waiting for tug and camper to come back from mechanics, getting a few extra things done. Once i have them back then i can work on ungluing the rubber off the trailer floor and put in the pantry built by my bestest mate :)    started packing today. Just got meat and last minute groceries to buy.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Linda & Kristin
Prado & Aussie jay camper
Melbourne

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
All of our major project are done and complete but we still have a ton of small little mods and jobs to be completed. I've also got a rattle from the rear shock I believe after the lift install that needs my attention before hitting the road. Unfortunately I've just arrived in the UK for work which puts me out of action until the 22nd. Leaving Perth on the 25th. It's going to be a manic few days and I can see the Supermarket in Alice getting a chunk ofF our spending money because I have no idea how we're going to find time for a full on meal plan and shop!

I'm going to need a holiday after this holiday!

2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline JCOJ

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
Everything is laid out in our living room floor - I mean everything!!  Clothes, saucepans, cutlery, crockery, camp chairs, camp oven, all bedding, hoses, baby weber q, second fridge (freezer), annex matting, pegs/hammer, outside table, maps, Participants Handbook's, kitchen utensils, tea towels, towels, quilts, shoes, rain jackets, and the water container.

Thankfully we had the call today that our caravan will be ready on Monday!!  ;D

We're driving to Melbourne on Sunday, picking up the van Monday and driving all the way back to Adelaide, packing it Tuesday, leaving on Wednesday, and arriving in Alice on Friday!  :-\

Marschy

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
Safe drive John. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new van.

KingBilly

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »
Everything is laid out in our living room floor - I mean everything!!  Clothes, saucepans, cutlery, crockery, camp chairs, camp oven, all bedding, hoses, baby weber q, second fridge (freezer), annex matting, pegs/hammer, outside table, maps, Participants Handbook's, kitchen utensils, tea towels, towels, quilts, shoes, rain jackets, and the water container.

Thankfully we had the call today that our caravan will be ready on Monday!!  ;D

We're driving to Melbourne on Sunday, picking up the van Monday and driving all the way back to Adelaide, packing it Tuesday, leaving on Wednesday, and arriving in Alice on Friday!  :-\

So's all our stuff  :D. Just hope it all fits in the new drawers.  Glad to hear the van will be ready John.  Safe travels.

KB

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »
Has JCOJ announced what brand of van he is going for ? ;D

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 08:14:10 PM »
Camper is packed and ready to go. Paj had a service and pre-trip check over today. No major dramas, replaced the rear diff mounting bushes which had both cracked, full trans flush and new fluid and four wheel alignment, plus the usual oil, filters etc.
 Tomorrow is a busy one. Drop the dog at the kennels, shopping, pack the pantry, pack the bags, pack the car, dinner with our eldest daughter (who is staying home to study.....yeah right ::) ) and finally hook up the trailer ready for a pre-dawn departure on Saturday.
2 sleeps to go ;D ;D
To those who we won't see on the way up, safe travels and see you all in Alice :cup:
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic