Author Topic: Patriot vs Drifta campers  (Read 9530 times)

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Patriot vs Drifta campers
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 07:41:44 AM »
The patriot is an excellent camper and yes they explain all the ‘issues’ Luke identified
I will still take a Drifta as a very capable off-road box trailer
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 08:28:48 AM »
The patriot is an excellent camper and yes they explain all the ‘issues’ Luke identified
I will still take a Drifta as a very capable off-road box trailer

Yeah, I think your comment about Drifta producing the best box trailer is a good one, I think Patriot has evolved the the point to where the two are actually quite different now, Drifta utilise the KISS principal and do that well. Patriot have gone down the features and innovation route and they are doing that well too. This has resulted in greater amount of differentiation in their product offerings now.

Offline SnakeDoctor

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 07:53:21 PM »
In my mind they are different models for different folks.

Justin said a few things in my mind which would prevent me from buying a Patriot Camper for a while at least:

* Patriot are constantly making changes and improvements yet absolutely refuse to incorporate these changes into your existing trailer, regardless of offering $$$ to do so, the example in the video was that Toyota won't make your 100 series look like a 200 series. It's not a valid comparison because one is a mass produced product which if you compare to the engineering and development required, is VERY good value compared to _any_ camper trailer. Patriot are selling a lifestyle and if you want the new thing you have to buy it.

* The opposite is true for Drifta, they will work and customise just about anything you can ask for, want an original trailer upgraded to the latest specifications or even just a sub-set of these? No problem - pay the money and they will do it. If you want a change done to a new order they will do it no worries. I had the length of my new camper kitchen changed because I wanted a fridge and to keep it under my awning for example. They often include changes for minimal/no extra cost when you are ordering and the customer service is great. Have a problem with a kitchen after 6 years? They will just fix it up. It's great when you have something that works for your family or just needs a minor mod they will look after you, it's more like a camping partnership and I can (now) genuinely see why their fans are so vocal.

Marketing wise? Patriot kill it hands down and are absolute industry leaders, don't think too many people would argue against that.

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 07:26:52 AM »
I agree Patriot is the best.
They are similar to Kimberley Karavans, the original model. Pity they went under.
Also Rony Dahl went with Patriot over Drifta as his base camp trailer.
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer