Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 3014 times)

Temora140

Hi All
« on: October 07, 2012, 04:27:10 AM »
Have just ordered a new GIC semi off road with 18' tent, plus a few other extras to make life easier. Have been lurking around here for a while researching. Decided I had better join. We have a Subaru Forrester and like to go down dirt roads to see what is at the end. Found some nice places to camp before. Like Mimosa Standing Stones on Sth Coast of NSW

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:51:54 AM »
G'day Temora140 and welcome.
Congrats on the camper :cup:
Fun time ahead  ;D
My daughters boyfriend comes from Temora.

:cheers: sol
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
G'day Temora140,

To MySwag,
That is exactly what it is all about, getting out there and seeing whats out there, then sharing  ;D
There is plenty of great info here to help set up your camper and some great trip reports to help plan those adventures.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Happy & safe travels.
 :cheers:
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Temora140

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:26:21 AM »
Thanks Sol and Hairs. I have learnt heaps just looking through this forum. I hope to do something with electrics along the line of Brickiematt's unit.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:16 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Temora, enjoy your stay and join in the banter. Any more details on your secret spot at Mimosa, we spend a fair bit of time in the area at xmas time and any new spots are worth exploring

GG

Offline xmasbaby67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum Temora140  :cheers:

My grandparents & mother were Temora people.....

We are trying to plan a trip over there in the near future to check out the Aviation Museum as I used to spend a huge amount of time in Temora visiting my grandparents each weekend when I was a youngster...... 30 odd years ago  :laugh: & grandad used to take us kids out to the airport nearly every weekend.  It used to be a WAAF base back in WW2 didn't it???

Also Paleface Adios was Temora's other big claim to fame.......WOW the memories.  ;D
2009 12ft CUSTOMLINE towed by 2005 VX Prado

Temora140

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
RAAF Training base plus a WAAF base. We also have a few footy players like Trent Barrett, Jason Alchin and a few others.

GG It's in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Take the Tathra Bermagui Road, look for Cowdroys Road on left after approx 15klms from Bermagui, steep narrow dirt road, take it slow as road is very narrow and if you meet a vehicle coming the other way you want to be able to stop, do get some idiots!!!, follow this road until fork in road, turn left and then you will see signs for camping areas, there are a few camping areas, just keep moving along road. Check out areas. They have BBQ areas and long drop toilets, no showers or power. No dogs allowed. You can turn right but the campsites are not as close to the beach as further along the road. The beaches are rocks and large pebbles, fishing is good. There is a fee but I have not had to pay it yet as we only stayed one night here and there and always in off seasons.

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »
G/day Temora welcome to myswag

:cheers:  from sheeds @ Young

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »
RAAF Training base plus a WAAF base. We also have a few footy players like Trent Barrett, Jason Alchin and a few others.

GG It's in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Take the Tathra Bermagui Road, look for Cowdroys Road on left after approx 15klms from Bermagui, steep narrow dirt road, take it slow as road is very narrow and if you meet a vehicle coming the other way you want to be able to stop, do get some idiots!!!, follow this road until fork in road, turn left and then you will see signs for camping areas, there are a few camping areas, just keep moving along road. Check out areas. They have BBQ areas and long drop toilets, no showers or power. No dogs allowed. You can turn right but the campsites are not as close to the beach as further along the road. The beaches are rocks and large pebbles, fishing is good. There is a fee but I have not had to pay it yet as we only stayed one night here and there and always in off seasons.

Cheers for that, we normally stay at Gillards beach, I will check it out next time I am up that way

GG

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »
Hi Temora140 and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback