Author Topic: Supercars 2020  (Read 29061 times)

Offline S.W

• Swag User
Re: Supercars 2020
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2020, 06:43:36 PM »
Breaking news, the Adelaide 500, city circuit race is no more.

I've been every year since its inception in 1999. It was still an awesome event but had become a shadow of its former self in terms of on and off track action and dwindling crowd numbers. A shame to see it go

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2020, 08:41:46 AM »
Quote from: Pottsy
Breaking news, the Adelaide 500, city circuit race is no more.
its a shame that so many 'real racetracks' have closed in AU in last 20 odd yrs that they need to be desperate enough to try Shitty road circuits with hardly anywhere to pass but in the pits.
Councils need a good kicking for allowing subdivisions to be built near race tracks, so arseholes can complain about the noise for 10 weekends a year
When they built Shit Creek in Shitney they bought up all the land around it, inc 3 blokes i used to work with lost their acreages... no choice, compulsory acquisitions... take this $20.00 and **** off.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2020, 09:04:05 AM »
... inc 3 blokes i used to work with lost their acreages... no choice, compulsory acquisitions... take this $20.00 and **** off.

....but if it was near an airport....and they knew the right people....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »
....but if it was near an airport....and they knew the right people....

Or got the market rate for large lots that would otherwise have another use. I don’t get the fuss over the Badgers Creek airport acquisition paying the price it did.
If that airport block wasn’t in the airport zone it would be considered a green field suitable for future development, which is the case north , south or east of the airport zone, in places like Leppington, Orchard Hills etc. These lots 5 years ago were fetching a $1 mil per acre, so 30 acres would get you $30 mil.
Anywhere really in the area east of the border of the Nepean and Hawkesbury River boundary fetches big development dollars.

I know two different individuals that sold land in that area for $1 mil/ acre.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:45 AM »
Or got the market rate for large lots that would otherwise have another use. I don’t get the fuss over the Badgers Creek airport acquisition paying the price it did.
If that airport block wasn’t in the airport zone it would be considered a green field suitable for future development, which is the case north , south or east of the airport zone, in places like Leppington, Orchard Hills etc. These lots 5 years ago were fetching a $1 mil per acre, so 30 acres would get you $30 mil.
Anywhere really in the area east of the border of the Nepean and Hawkesbury River boundary fetches big development dollars.

I know two different individuals that sold land in that area for $1 mil/ acre.
but if ti was bought 25+yrs or so ago when they first started talkin about it, they'd have got it for $2.00 an acre.   ;)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline S.W

• Swag User
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »
road circuits with hardly anywhere to pass but in the pits.

Not sure that describes Adelaide. Passing opportunities at Turn 4 (top of Wakefield St), Turns 6 & 7, Turn 9 hairpin, Turn 14 hairpin

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2020, 09:22:24 AM »
Might be interesting..

BROCK: OVER THE TOP

Tuesday (November 3), 8.30pm, ABC

Filmmaker Kriv Stenders is not into motorsport. The director of the Red Dog movies describes the car culture of the 1970s and ’80s as “abhorrent”. Which places him in an interesting position as writer and director of a feature-length documentary about the sport’s greatest Australian hero, Peter Brock. Following its cinema release, Brock: Over the Top became the country’s biggest-selling Blu-ray DVD for October, suggesting that Stenders’ outsider approach didn’t alienate the late champion’s passionate fan base.

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/tv-and-radio/setting-the-record-straight-on-peter-brock-20201022-p567ry.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home