Author Topic: Another Lot - The Taylorteam  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Another Lot - The Taylorteam
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »
G'Day All,

Thinking about buying a camper for a little while then saw a 2nd hand one that looked like a pretty good deal ($3,200.00). Went and had a drive to Brissy and it looked in pretty good shape and now here I am. Went on a shake down cruise to Cania Gorge a few weeks ago and managed to survive without any dramas so onwards and upwards as they say.

The guy I bought it off said it was 18oz canvas but I am not sure as I had never heard of a ct with that size and there are no info tags attached. Managed to survive a bit of rain without any leaks so gotta be happy with that  :D

According to the compliance plate it is a 2003 Flipper Camper Trailer but can't find anything on the net about them. Came with:

Awning with full annexe walls (2 piece). Had never seen a 2 piece before so thought we had been ripped when setting up on trip.
AGM battery with 3 x 12v outlets. Not sure of size as when I took the lid of the battery box off there was not label. (Ran the fridge (Easycool 90ltr) and some lights from Thursday arvo (2 pm) to Sunday morning (9.30am) and according to test button only down to half charge)
Tailgate kitchen (sink only no cooktop)
Raised axle with landcruiser 6 stud rims (I think - not sure as new wheel nuts were 1/2inch thread so possibly older type)
Racks front and rear and removable luggage cage

All in all pretty happy with condition and mods done by previous owners.

After first cruise have purchased:
2 x Oztrail deluxe gazebos. One with tent insert to join on front (beside drawbar) to serve as kids bedroom and one to go on front of awning to give more shade (bit squeezy under awning when raining)
Spreader bars to go along front of awning to experiment with reducing of ropes (will keep in toolbox just in case)

All intending to purchase at the moment as divorce may follow next credit card bill. :cup:

Future mods:
Install electric brakes; and
Install internal 12v outlet (bed base) for lighting

Next trip likely to be Queen Mary Falls over June long weekend to test new purchase theories

Hope to see you all out there

Rod 

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Another Lot - The Taylorteam
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
More pics

Sorry for overloading but new toy syndrome

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
Hey Rod,

A welcome to you and the Family to MySwag.

Great set up. Dont be sorry about the pics, we all love it.

and remember... :worthles:

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:06:50 PM »
Welcome to the tribe Rod.  Nice looking rig you have there.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
Another Lot - The Taylorteam
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
G'day Rod. Looks to me like you got yourself a bit of a bargain. Well done!

Sent from the machine that goes..... Bing!

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Thanks Guys,

1st time out seemed to go pretty smoothly although it took about 1 1/2 hours to fully set up etc. Hoping practice makes perfect and it will get a bit quicker. We think we set it up correctly but only time will tell. We didn't appear to miss anything or have any "I wish I had bought that along' so all good.

Will have to go on a trip with some others and have a good look at the variety of setups.

Someone mentioned a Darling Downs trip somewhere on here so will keep a look out for that.

Offline gowalkabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Walkabout 4WD & Camping Accessories
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
welcome Rod sounds like a real bargin you got there
2007 Camprite TL8s
2012 Nissan Patrol GU8
Formally known as Tas130
www.gowalkabout.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/gowalkabout?ref=hl

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 06:34:34 AM »
Welcome Rod,

Looks a good set up you have there,
You never stop making little Mods that you find on this site.
Good luck with the credit card bill.(I am always telling the wife that I am only spending money to make her life more relaxed.!!! doesn't always work)

Rob C
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline TheTaylors

• Swag User
  • In for a penny...
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
Welcome to myswag!

Loved looking at your pics, looks like you have a great set up.

Was thinking about getting one of those hammocks, are they awkward to pack up and set up?? Take up much room in CT/car?
2009 GXL prado and a Red Rock Camper

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 07:12:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum Rod and family. Looks like you got a reel bargain for $3200 mate.  Good setup and great pics.  Don't forget to show us your mods down the track. See you around the forum Rod.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes it is good to see so many well wishes.

Welcome to myswag!

Loved looking at your pics, looks like you have a great set up.

Was thinking about getting one of those hammocks, are they awkward to pack up and set up?? Take up much room in CT/car?

The hammock was just a cheapy and all arms, legs etc just slide into each other, tighten the screws, hook material over the hooks and hey presto.

To take with us I just took the long arms out and put in the trailer on top of everything else. The longest piece (base) would be about 5'. See pics to get an idea of the joins

Regards

Rod

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »
G'day mate,

Welcome to Myswag.......... like others have said, it looks like you got yourself a bargain alright!!............. Happy travels!!
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
Thanks Guys,

1st time out seemed to go pretty smoothly although it took about 1 1/2 hours to fully set up etc. Hoping practice makes perfect and it will get a bit quicker. We think we set it up correctly but only time will tell. We didn't appear to miss anything or have any "I wish I had bought that along' so all good.

Will have to go on a trip with some others and have a good look at the variety of setups.

Someone mentioned a Darling Downs trip somewhere on here so will keep a look out for that.

Welcome to MySwag great info on here.  What I have found with the set up and there is just the 2 of us is we probably have got quicker each time.  Little things like who does what job where we both used to peg the floor out I find that if whilst BF does that I get the poles out ready and get chairs out of covers which have just come off top of trailer. It gets easier all worth it to get out there and don't stress about set up pack up times it's meant to be relaxing if you do have to camp in CT park and be out by a time in the morning pack as much up as you can the night before

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
G'day & Welcome, and thanks for all the photos, it's terrific to see what others are up to.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails