Author Topic: 2hrs either side of high  (Read 2089 times)

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
2hrs either side of high
« on: December 28, 2015, 08:08:35 PM »
After spending the last eight nights on Teewah........

I don't think the advice applies anymore.......

Between our campsite and the high water mark there would have been a minimum of 12 ruts in the soft sand......although 2500 campers brings a lot of cars up the beach.

High tide didn't put anybody off driving the beach, this included caravans, campers, boats and jetski

New advice should be

- Don't worry about the tide.....
- Just drive
- If ya smart consider lowering tyre pressure
- if not just flog ya car up the beach in the soft sand burning gallons of fuel

In saying that we of two high tide runs.....just as guilty.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 2hrs either side of high
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 08:14:26 PM »
Plenty of sand about the area at the moment and beach all the way to Rainbow is an easy drive, will only take one decent low to sort that out though.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 08:27:06 PM »

Plenty of sand about the area at the moment and beach all the way to Rainbow is an easy drive, will only take one decent low to sort that out though.

Plenty can still make hard work for themselves........at high tide you had to dive though the edge of the lake heading north up rainbow beach from leisha track

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »
Yeah some can certainly make it hard work, saw 2 vehicles not even get onto the hard sand at the third cutting yesterday, both bogged within first 20mtrs of sand. Drove from Rainbow to Noosa end in 2wd late this arvo (tyres deflated but probably didn't even need that), sand was nice and firm after last nights down pour.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

bully

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
No worse than me deciding to put the cruiser and Kimberley off the side of the road up near the gliders river and go straight to the axles. That black soil is not fun to get out of. Thought I could just do a u turn as it did t look that soft. Boy I was wrong. Thank god for the winch.
But yes not sure why people flog their cars just for the sake of it up the soft sand.