Author Topic: Which Gazebo  (Read 7932 times)

Offline Wello-bob

• Learning the Ropes
Which Gazebo
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
I’m looking at replacing my old 3x3 Oztrail gazebo with something larger.

My budget is $250 and I’m leaning towards the Adventure Kings 6x3 or the Oztrail 4.5x3 deluxe.

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/adventure-kings-gazebo-6m-x-3m.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwKnLy7qI4gIV0w0rCh08JgXXEAQYDCABEgKoTfD_BwE

https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sale/oztrail-deluxe-4-5-gazebo

Interested in hearing any opinions people have on either of these 2 gazebos?

Cheers Bob

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Which Gazebo
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »
I bought a Coleman 4.5 x 3 meter Gazebo from Snowys. About $270 delivered.  Have used it for a total of around 30 days over 5-6 camping trips.  I put it up by myself with no issues. Its been good so far.  I also purchased a 3 meter wall and a 4.5 meter wall. They come in handy if windy or heavy rain.  I,m glad I went with the 4.5 meter as the 3 meter one does not afford much room if a few of you want to sit under it if rain present.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »
I was at Anaconda yesterday and noticed these on one of their Gazebo's

Apparently, they are Oztrails HydroFlow Anti ponding/pooling bars and if I were buying again I'd probably be looking for one with them, assuming they work as intended.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:26:08 PM by tryagain »

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »
I was at Anaconda yesterday and noticed these on one of their Gazebo's

Apparently, they are Oztrails HydroFlow Anti ponding/pooling bars and if I were buying again I'd probably be looking for one with them, assuming they work as intended.

Pool noodle works very well..........and a Shite load cheaper too..........
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline pabhar

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
I upgraded to something a bit more robust after going through a few tops and bent arms over recent years.

If you have time these come on special every so often and will be near budget. The Aluminium frame ones are very good with price to match.

https://www.extreme-marquees.com.au/folding-marquees/true-blue

Factory is out at brendale on Brisbane northside however they ship everywhere.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »
Not used one of these myself, but saw one whilst camping over the weekend

https://www.coleman.com/all-night-13-x-13-instant-lighted-eaved-shelter/2000024319.html?cgid=coleman-tentsandshelters-canopiesandshelters#start=10

Looks like you would NEVER have a pooling issue with this, looked great.Will check reviews and go check them out
Cheers

Justin

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 03:42:16 PM »
Pool noodle works very well..........and a Shite load cheaper too..........

You would be mad to buy one from Anaconda at their full price, it was recently available for $200 though, and Bunnings has the Oztrail Hydraflow for $200 so that is comparable to decent awnings without the arms. Heck of a lot easier and less bulky than 4 pool noodles and priced similarly  ;D, but those are both 3x3 and JD looks like he is after something bigger.

A couple of other things to consider JD is weight and space, the big kings one is 42kgs, and would be fairly bulky, I wouldn't want to try and throw that one up on the roof racks. Also, the availability of spare parts should you need to replace something is worth considering.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 04:41:59 PM »
the big kings one is 42kgs, and would be fairly bulky, I wouldn't want to try and throw that one up on the roof racks. A

FOCK Me, 42kg, at least they wont blow away ;)

Yeah I didnt have a close up look at that coleman one, but man its looked nice. Ive previously had the oztrail one and it pooled like a....hmm, whats something that pools LOTS  ::) ....whatever fits here.

Cheers

Justin

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 05:27:30 PM »
You would be mad to buy one from Anaconda at their full price, it was recently available for $200 though, and Bunnings has the Oztrail Hydraflow for $200 so that is comparable to decent awnings without the arms. Heck of a lot easier and less bulky than 4 pool noodles and priced similarly  ;D, but those are both 3x3 and JD looks like he is after something bigger.

A couple of other things to consider JD is weight and space, the big kings one is 42kgs, and would be fairly bulky, I wouldn't want to try and throw that one up on the roof racks. Also, the availability of spare parts should you need to replace something is worth considering.
Not really TA........you only need half a pool noodle per corner, and the pool noodles act as a protector for fishing rods, void packing material and weigh next to nothing.

Those anti water pooling gazebos are around $100 dearer than their less endowed cousins. So for $1 a noodle I recon is good value................unless you have succumbed to the advertising hype........... ;D ;D

Oh and works well on CT awnings and RTTs as well................just sayin.........
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »
you only need half a pool noodle per corner,

So what do you do with the noodles ??? :-[
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 09:29:53 AM »

I'll post a pic when I set it up next.......but esentially the noodle goes diagonally across the corner in an arc. It is held in place via the outer gazebo frame. All it needs to do is stop the sag in the corner of the gazebo material.

Offline Wello-bob

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »
Thanks to all for their input so far. I think I'll stick with the 4.5 x 3 just for ease of putting up and also the lower weight, <30kg.

Now just have to decide on brand, build quality,  etc.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »

Google says

Offline Wello-bob

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 10:12:50 AM »
Not used one of these myself, but saw one whilst camping over the weekend

https://www.coleman.com/all-night-13-x-13-instant-lighted-eaved-shelter/2000024319.html?cgid=coleman-tentsandshelters-canopiesandshelters#start=10

Looks like you would NEVER have a pooling issue with this, looked great.Will check reviews and go check them out
Snowys advise this one is sun shelter only and not waterproof,  so just confirm this before buying.

Offline Kegs1972

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »
We have a Wanderer anti pooling gazebo, its fantastic!
Life is too short so make the most of every day!

Offline matthecat

• Swag User
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 03:59:45 PM »
We have a Wanderer anti pooling gazebo, its fantastic!
Agree with Kegs - ours is dry when camping buddies have droopy water filled sections (although we have refilled water tanks from these occassionally ;D

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »
Google says

Good use of the noodle as they are always in the way when not being used and I guess you won't be using them when it's raining which is when you need them for the shelter.

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 06:52:21 PM »
As for the kings 6x3 gazebo, they are darling heavy, the canvas is a lot heavier than any other gazebo I’ve had

I had it up for 3 weeks last Xmas one of the days a start blew in at Straddybuses and we had 39 knot winds. The gazebo was fine but I used good ropes and 450mm superpeg sand pegs. Many other gazebos were damaged.
My shower tent didn’t survive so well

I will say the Center attachment point for the canvas was pretty ordinary

But i added one of these canvas clamps to secure it ond used pool noodles for anti pooling on the corners. With these modifications I had no issues all holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk