Author Topic: Kimberly Kampers in Voluntry Administration  (Read 11998 times)

KingBilly

Re: Kimberly Kampers in Voluntry Administration
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 12:39:30 PM »
An update posted on the above link:

UPDATE –

I have spoken with Grant Clark, who’s confirmed that he is the man behind Kimberley’s rise from the ashes and expects to make a more formal announcement on Monday. During our conversation Grant confirmed that he is committed to keeping Kimberley Kampers manufacturing in Australia and at Ballina. He said he’s been in talks with staff over the last few weeks and expects to rehire from the pool of former employees. He said that he would be issuing contracts of employment next Monday. He said of the factory staff, “The product is only as good as the people putting it together, and those guys have got a lot of experience.”

Grant says that it makes sense to bring some components in from overseas, but said he wouldn’t even have looked at Kimberley if he didn’t think it would be possible to keep it in Australia. He also said that as he has other manufacturing plants, he might break up manufacturing to different places in Australia, but says the finished product will come from Ballina.

As for product, it’s expected that the resurrected Kimberley will focus on its core products – the Kampers and Eco Suite – and will bring back some products that were recently axed. But Grant said he will put production of the Kruiser on hold to continue its development.

Grant told me he is also very keen to get back into manufacturing the Kimberley products as soon as possible. We are very confident the product will be coming back out the front doors at Ballina very quickly, some time in the next couple of months,” he said.

Note: An earlier version of this story said Kimberley Kampers went into voluntary administration followed by the resignation of a director, however it’s unclear when the director resigned and for what reason. At the time we were told the VA was to fast track family legal issues following a divorce, although the former director has since denied that was the case.

Offline wakychapmans

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 01:22:51 PM »
more updated...

There were rumblings over the weekend that the deal with Grant was falling apart. Mainly due to some issues with the Kimberly IP having been split off from the company into their own separate entity and now residing in Singapore... but apparently there was still some slither of hope that all parties could work it out...

Not so anymore. Dead and buried...

Wayne & Kyria Chapman
(+ Tucker & Monty the Samoyeds)
www.youtube.com/@morepawstravels/about
105 series Landcruiser 1HZ (soooooo much power)
1994, Supreme Getaway 14' (a "renovators dream")
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56736.0
2 x titanium fatbikes with 4.8" tyres

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »
 ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

KingBilly

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »
more updated...

There were rumblings over the weekend that the deal with Grant was falling apart. Mainly due to some issues with the Kimberly IP having been split off from the company into their own separate entity and now residing in Singapore... but apparently there was still some slither of hope that all parties could work it out...

Not so anymore. Dead and buried...

Well, that is disappointing.  Thanks for the update.

KB

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
Some half built trailers and other gear just went up on greys online auction
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 07:56:59 PM »

No actual listings yet by the looks of things http://www.graysonline.com/sale/7020999/manufacturing/kk3-work-in-progress-vans-caravan-camper-stock-and-more

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »

Sounds like the Mirage debacle.....somebody will lose out....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »
Looks like somebody bought the business, but not the debt or the problems.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
I suppose those kamper bodies are orders people had paid deposits on to get their jobs started..

If correct, very sad...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Wortho

• Soft Floor Camper User

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 06:26:25 PM »
 ;D ;D
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »
They are back.  All forums are active again.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
I hope it works out for James, he's a decent guy that really looked after us when we purchased our Kimberley from him 8 years ago, he and his team at SEQ Campers were a credit to the company with thier dealership and after sales service. Recently James told me he actually gave customers money back out of his own pocket when the company went belly up, even though one of the new directors told him not to worry about doing so, as he wasn't required to do it. Much to my surprise I ran into James literally on top of Ayres Rock back when we were there in July 2018.
Personally I think the company name has been tarnished big time with what's gone on, though the product is solid and we've had a great run the past 8 years with our trailer, so who knows what the future holds for them.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 06:51:30 AM »
I think the hardest part will be to get runs on the board before people feel comfortable dealing with the KK brand again.
But to get runs on the board requires people to buy the product. Gonna be a hard road ahead.
But they were one of the best campers made and hopefully they can rise from the dead !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
Go with the Chinaman Principle " Make a little from a lot "  turnover and build trust in the brand  instead of the Westernman Principle " Make a lot from a little  go for the grope every time " ..
Entry level spec units and be Johnny on the spot with higher  quality build fit and finish / back up,  at comparable costs to whats available from lifestyle and the Alphabet mobs, to get  sales  and offer spec upgrades on request .
My untrained .2c thoughts on it.
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »
Quote from: edz
Go with the Chinaman Principle " Make a little from a lot "  turnover and build trust in the brand  instead of the Westernman Principle " Make a lot from a little  go for the grope every time " ..
Entry level spec units and be Johnny on the spot with higher  quality build fit and finish / back up,  at comparable costs to whats available from lifestyle and the Alphabet mobs, to get  sales  and offer spec upgrades on request .
My untrained .2c thoughts on it.
I would have concerns leaving a reasonable deposit.. wouldnt be the first rebirth to fail... but for the same of the dudes who now have jobs again, hope it works out for them.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 04:16:33 PM »
I would have concerns leaving a reasonable deposit.. wouldnt be the first rebirth to fail... but for the same of the dudes who now have jobs again, hope it works out for them.
did you read the part where I mentioned James previously giving deposit money back out of his own pocket?...whilst you can't guarantee it won't go under, i'd be sure he'd do his best to make it so customers aren't left out of pocket. He was just an agent that would have lost his own money also due to what others in HQ did, if not for being a decent bloke, he quite easily could have left his customers in the lurch and not been extra $$$ out of pocket.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
Quote from: Rumpig
did you read the part where I mentioned James previously giving deposit money back out of his own pocket?...whilst you can't guarantee it won't go under, i'd be sure he'd do his best to make it so customers aren't left out of pocket. He was just an agent that would have lost his own money also due to what others in HQ did, if not for being a decent bloke, he quite easily could have left his customers in the lurch and not been extra $$$ out of pocket.

I don't know the bloke from a steak. Your probably 100% correct and many of em do go in with the right intentions and a great attitude.
As I said - I hope it works out for them and the employees, would be a great boost and good for current owners.

But theres been more than one time people have lost their packet with campers reported on the forum hasn't there?

I'm not a business person at all, but this is just how I envisage how a business would be
If people are leaving minimum deposit say a grand - this is going to strain cash flow on a starting business. If people leave $1000 deposit on a trailer that costs $20k to build that you sell for 50k+, plus bills and you have 10 customers at once and more lining up...
That's lot of coin + wages + insurance+ super+other bills + etc FWIW - I could never own a business, the stress would kill me in a week, I hate owing mates $50... Dunno how my mate Pete goes on with $70,000 to GE  :o :o :o :o :o :o

I guess my trust factor is 0 these days, just with any company.. travel, auto.. There is a new story every couple of days about people who have lost the lot and are last in line to get their $ back.. Just the modern awesome world we live in

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:11 AM »
They end up heavy on the ball anyway so you'll never have to worry. Must be heaps of them stranded on fire trails all over the country........ NOT!  :-*

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »
I fully understand Bird's concern. I too would be reluctant to put a sizeable deposit ($1000+) down especially in the early stages of the business restart. 
It isn't about the quality of the product, or the owner's best intention, more the hard earned cash I'd be risking.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux.