Author Topic: AgQuip Thread  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
AgQuip Thread
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
Given that there seems to a be a thread nearly every year for AgQuip:
-who's going this year,
-what day and
-what are you looking for?

Me and Missus are going
Tuesday
NFI at the moment, but we'll end up with some ideas as we walk round I suspect. Planning to park up near Gate 4... yes, we are sad enough that we know where we want to park...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:11:45 PM by Paddler Ed »

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: AgQuip 2017 Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:12:41 PM »
Who's going; Me, meeting a few mates there.
What day(s); Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure if I will do a pre- dawn drive down from Brissy on       Wed or get away Tuesday.
What am I looking for? A steak sandwich or two, an invertor welder, a new brush cutter, UHF aerial, few tools, possible driving lights and another steak sandwich.
Where am I staying; In the swag somewhere, options include Mullaley Hotel out back, Gunnedah show ground or Lake Keppit
Which carpark; the one on the high side of ground I think is gate4

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:24:13 AM »
I usually park on the Western side. A lot easier to get there if you turn off the highway into Gunnedah and travel via Quia Road and then onto Blackjack Road and enter through the Northern Gate. Avoids the multitude of vehicles that drive there via the Oxley Highway (usually backed up all the way into town).

rags send me a PM if you are looking for somewhere a bit quieter or closer to stay.

Rod 

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 07:52:08 AM »
I usually park on the Western side. A lot easier to get there if you turn off the highway into Gunnedah and travel via Quia Road and then onto Blackjack Road and enter through the Northern Gate. Avoids the multitude of vehicles that drive there via the Oxley Highway (usually backed up all the way into town).

rags send me a PM if you are looking for somewhere a bit quieter or closer to stay.

Rod

Cool - thank you. Unfortunately we've been known to join the procession in just after Carroll!

Best news for us is that I think they've resurfaced Appleby lane now with bitumen, so that'll speed up that littles section a bit more.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »
No problems Ed. Coming from Carroll if you go straight through town (as if heading to Narrabri) and go past the saleyards there is a turn to your left which goes under the rail line and then when you get to the tee intersection turn right, continue until you hit the roundabout and then turn left onto Blackjack road. Gets you straight into the entry that i am talking about and then you drive around the back and park. Easy peasy and i haven't yet had it stop start like the other way

Cheers

Rod
The following users thanked this post: Paddler Ed

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: AgQuip 2018 Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:27:57 PM »
It's that time of year again, AgQuip 2018 is on next week,anyone going. I will be there Tuesday n Wednesday

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
Booked Tuesday off work (well, more accurately told them I'm not at the team meeting and am out the office all day) for AgQuip this year.

Likely to be making our way slowly there in the Land Cruiser this year, as the 4Runner is off the road until I swap the engine.

Rodt: we ended up last year in that carpark you described (drops you in to the tool shop side), even coming in from our normal side - must have been that 20mins later or so...

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
Ed maybe you can change the title to 2018

I'm doing a trip via Sydney tomorrow, we are towing van, most likely arrive in town Monday arvo and camp at Showgrounds. This will be the first year without brother after his recent passing but my wife and sister ( along with BIL) are coming along this year so not so much as a boys trip.
Looking forward to the event.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: AgQuip Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Ed maybe you can change the title to 2018

Easier to do away with the year...

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »
This years exhibitor and site map

I don't think we have anything on the hit list, apart from looking at dog boxes for the ute.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
Blokes it is Wednesday and Thursday for me  :cup:

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »
Our apprentice here at work is taking a week off to attend the event...his brother has designed some new type of fence strainer or something along those lines that is heaps safer to use then the old style apparently, he seems to be selling heaps of them and needs our apprentice there to help man the stand with him.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 09:30:43 AM »
Have been told that the usual traffic flow numbers out to AgQuip is nowhere near as many as previous years. Possibly drought effects are contributing

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
Came in via town this year... Much easier and slightly smug look as I saw the slow moving traffic coming in the other way.

Foot fall seems to be about the same, and seems to be some money being spent. Think a lot are using it as a social this year.

Came away with a screen protector for the Garmin Handheld GPS, windscreen holder for said GPS (my shopping), concrete dog water bowl (dog) and some shearer's singlets (wife)... oh, and some more BKT soccer balls (for the dog...)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 09:56:43 PM by Paddler Ed »

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »
We had no trouble with the traffic today, getting a table at the pub last night or the Chinese restaurant tonight.
I also had no problems spending around $750 today on stuff.
Good day but as the bride is with me we are not going back for day 2 tomorrow.
Good crowd staying in the Showgrounds.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »
AgQuip 2019

Heading there tomorrow, who else is going along?

Our shopping list is mainly car related (we got a "new" Land Cruiser:
1) Seat covers
2) Floor mats

but the wife wants more shearer singlets of course, and I'm sure we'll find some other bits and pieces.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:50 PM »
Was due to head there tomorrow but my AgQuip travel buddies couldn’t make it so for the 1st time in around 15 years I won’t be there.
Enjoy and make sure you have a steak sandwich from what ever breed cattle association.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 09:27:18 PM »
AgQuip 2019

but the wife wants more shearer singlets of course, and I'm sure we'll find some other bits and pieces.

Your wife wears shearers singlets ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
Your wife wears shearers singlets ??

Yep, the plain cotton ones. Her logic is they're a decent weight as a thermal layer in the Armidale winter, and the length on the back on them stops the draught you can get between your normal length singlet and your trousers.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 06:52:10 AM »
Recon it will be a very quiet year for the traders..............dont think too many in the Ag business have any coin to spare after the last few years of having to buy feed? Even the ones that grow the feed have had to cut back on what they're planting because of the drought. Grain price may have skyrocketed, but if you cant grow it you cant sell it, and then those that need to buy it cant afford it or even get it. It's a vicious circle this drought thing, and it doesn't end when it rains, takes a few seasons of decent rains to get back on track.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 10:53:20 PM »
Sister inlaw and nephew went today .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 07:38:05 AM »
I am heading out today for a look and will be interesting to see what the crowds are like. Apparently all of the sites (1000+) have been taken and at the money they charge there must still be the view that people are buying something.

Night markets (nightquip) in town last night there were people everywhere and they appeared to be spending. My daughter had a stall where she sells jewellery (clay) that she makes and she sold over $800 worth which shocked the hell out of me.