Author Topic: Toyota issues urgent recall for Lexus, LandCruiser  (Read 811 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Toyota issues urgent recall for Lexus, LandCruiser
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:26:15 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/car-advice/toyota-issues-urgent-recall-for-lexus-landcruiser-and-tundra-vehicles/news-story/48009746bb1c747845e9615003a3fcc0

Toyota has confirmed some of its LandCruiser 300, Tundra and luxury Lexus models could deliver “unintended movement”, elevating the risk of an accident.

The federal government’s Department of Transport listed the SUVs for recall on Tuesday.

“Due to a design issue, the transmission control module may not operate as intended,” the regulator said.

“If this occurs, the automatic transmission may continue to transfer engine power to the wheels when shifted to the neutral position.

“If the brake pedal or park brake are not applied it may result in unintended vehicle movement if shift lever is not moved to park position.

“An unintended movement of the vehicle may increase the risk of an accident causing serious injuries or death to vehicle occupants or other road users.”

The design fault is common across the vehicles.

The affected models are the LX500d (FJA310) and LX600 (VJA310) offerings with the variants LX500d, LX500d F Sport, LX500d Sports Luxury, LX600, LX600 F Sport, LX600 Sports Luxury and LX600 Ultra Luxury, and the LandCruiser 300 (FJA300) and Tundra (VXKH75) offerings with the LandCruiser Wagon GR-S, LandCruiser Wagon GX, LandCruiser Wagon GXL, LandCruiser Wagon Sahara, LandCruiser Wagon Sahara ZX, LandCruiser Wagon VX and Tundra Limited variants.

The regulator said 28,491 LandCruiser and Tundra vehicles and 1360 Lexus vehicles had been affected from 2021 to 2024.

“Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted (by Lexus and Toyota) and are asked to make an appointment to update the transmission control module software, free of charge,” the regulator said.

“Prior to updating the transmission control module software, owners are encouraged to use the shift lever’s park position rather than neutral.”
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Toyota issues urgent recall for Lexus, LandCruiser
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 08:11:20 PM »
Oh what a feeling.......... ;D :angel:

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:21:31 PM »
As an owner of a 300s I’m not sure it is a major issue as most cars would go into park when parked and automatically apply the electric park brake.

I’m more concerned about the factory fitted snorkel leaking water into the air box driving to Woollies on a rainy day.
The following users thanked this post: NZMarkb

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 06:01:47 AM »
....I’m more concerned about the factory fitted snorkel leaking water into the air box driving to Woollies on a rainy day.

I think all manufacturers consider them "raised air intakes".
They are not intended to be water-tight, but they should separate water out before it gets to the air box...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 06:05:40 AM by GeoffA »
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 10:54:09 AM »
Didnt the 200's have airbox leaking issues too?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 06:31:58 PM »
I think all manufacturers consider them "raised air intakes".
They are not intended to be water-tight, but they should separate water out before it gets to the air box...

I am aware the snorkels are considered raised intakes but we are not talking about doing a creek crossing and getting an air box full of water.
I am talking about driving along a bitumen road in the rain and getting water in the airbox and a wet air filter. The faster you drive and the longer you drive in the rain the wetter the air box gets wet.
It is leaking through the join between the snorkel and the inner guard connection.
Toyota are aware of the issue but as yet not got a fix.