Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 309501 times)

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1300 on: August 26, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
i thought they had cancelled all surgery.... ???
Not cat 1, but 2 or 3 could be forever
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1301 on: August 26, 2020, 07:28:27 PM »
Peasants out in Dandenong have hit the streets protesting their rights and that covid19 is a hoax. Most had masks on though.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1302 on: August 26, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »
Peasants out in Dandenong have hit the streets protesting their rights and that covid19 is a hoax. Most had masks on though.

There's a surprising amount of Americans think it's all a hoax as well.  As everyone has seen during the covid "event", there is no shortage of human beings with strange things ticking away in their heads....and some of them appear to be well educated specimens ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2020, 07:48:52 AM »

Sometimes you just cant fix stupid....Maybe a few hours in an ICU ward with suffering patients might change their minds..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »
Quote from: corndog

most of them wouldnt speak english so cant read DONT DO IT, or are too ****in dumb to read

from the police
"We will have no hesitation in issuing $1,652 fines or making arrests on the day, if necessary."

Anyone believe that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:53:29 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1305 on: August 27, 2020, 04:17:39 PM »
The peasants are at it again this arvo. Dipsticks in Dandenong are gathering to march the streets saying they're just getting their exercise. Leave it to these wankers for long and we're be going back into iso.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1306 on: August 27, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »
The peasants are at it again this arvo. Dipsticks in Dandenong are gathering to march the streets saying they're just getting their exercise. Leave it to these wankers for long and we're be going back into iso.
they wont be out for long, lets see how dedicated they are... LMAO
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #1307 on: September 05, 2020, 07:23:10 AM »
 ;D ;D

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1308 on: September 05, 2020, 08:43:56 AM »
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1309 on: September 05, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »

The highlight of the stupidity was one numbskull running around asking reporters and the like to "show me the statistics that we are threatened"....I may be wrong but hasn't there been a daily report about all aspects of the virus since March?   What a f,n idiot.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1310 on: September 05, 2020, 05:18:07 PM »
We(Lawrence Rideo Committee) made the decision Wednesday evening at our AGM & General Meeting to cancel this years event, held between Christmas & New Years.
We can not guarantee everyones saftey, and it would not be viable. The Maclean Show Ground under Covid rules could only hold 500 people, this includes competitors, working staff, it would only allow about 30 odd paying spectators.
Last year we raised some $27000.00 that went back to local groups.
We have enough in the bank to donate about a 1/3 of that to these clubs/groups that depend on this event to keep their organizations afloat.

It sure is a blow to our Communitty, but we are not the only ones that Covid has dealt a blow to.

Take care Swaggers.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1311 on: September 05, 2020, 05:27:01 PM »
With the VIC numbers still too high, VIC Swaggers can expect an extension to stage 4 tomorrow for another couple of weeks. Then if the 7 day running average is single digits we'll go to a stage 3 'plus', which is essentially stage 4 with a few tweaks. It's going to be a long haul...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: GeoffA

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1312 on: September 05, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
We(Lawrence Rideo Committee) made the decision Wednesday evening at our AGM & General Meeting to cancel this years event, held between Christmas & New Years.
We can not guarantee everyones saftey, and it would not be viable. The Maclean Show Ground under Covid rules could only hold 500 people, this includes competitors, working staff, it would only allow about 30 odd paying spectators.
Last year we raised some $27000.00 that went back to local groups.
We have enough in the bank to donate about a 1/3 of that to these clubs/groups that depend on this event to keep their organizations afloat.

It sure is a blow to our Communitty, but we are not the only ones that Covid has dealt a blow to.

Take care Swaggers.

Like a lot of organisations during these trying times, if you have enough money to survive this year, hopefully next year will bring brighter times.
Some community groups may fold...but out the other side, hopefully we'll see a resurgence of community support not seen since ww2..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:21:35 PM by gronk »
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1313 on: September 05, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »
Like a lot of organisations during these trying times, if you have enough money to survive this year, hopefully next year will bring brighter times.
Some community groups may fold...but out the other side, hopefully we'll see a resurgence of community support not seen since ww11..
Talking to few over the last month, there has been a return to people thinking about their own community, there are groups reaching out to those less fortunate then us.
Empathy, would seem to be making a come back.
Thinking about others, some of the local stories I've heard about.
People organizing hampers/cooked meals for the elderly who are alone.
Doing they shopping, run errands for them.

Hey mate,
Cheers and you guys take care .

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1314 on: September 05, 2020, 06:30:46 PM »
Hey Hairs,
What age group has suddenly found empathy?
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1315 on: September 05, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »
Hey Hairs,
What age group has suddenly found empathy?
Why would you think it is an age thing?

Mate, I'd say across all ages.
We have in our tiny part of the world, a lot of young people, early 20's joining local groups, wanting to be apart of the communitty.
We also have people, retired, tree changes, young families that are wanting to be apart of the communitty.

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1316 on: September 05, 2020, 06:50:32 PM »
Answers my question,  but no need to assume I was looking for a target group, merely curious.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1317 on: September 05, 2020, 06:58:17 PM »
Why would you think it is an age thing?
I was merely curious if there was a stand out age group who have come to your attention, in the statement that ‘empathy seems to be making a comeback’. Your response answers the question, without assuming an attack at any particular generation.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1318 on: September 05, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
Answers my question,  but no need to assume I was looking for a target group, merely curious.
Wasn't, just though it different.
Maybe I didn't word it right.
Cheers.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1319 on: September 05, 2020, 07:03:40 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
Mate, I'd say across all ages.
We have in our tiny part of the world, a lot of young people, early 20's joining local groups, wanting to be apart of the communitty.
We also have people, retired, tree changes, young families that are wanting to be apart of the communitty.

Thats the small town feel I miss.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1320 on: September 05, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
Thats the small town feel I miss.
It's awesome to be apart of.
I really couldn't live in a city, Christ, Yamba, Broomshead and Maclean are a head $#rkat holiday time.
Love(except for the numpties that can not take instruction from the ferry operators & screw the whole show up)my morning/afternoon ferry trip to get to & from where work is.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1321 on: September 05, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »
Talking to few over the last month, there has been a return to people thinking about their own community, there are groups reaching out to those less fortunate then us.
Empathy, would seem to be making a come back.
Thinking about others, some of the local stories I've heard about.
People organizing hampers/cooked meals for the elderly who are alone.
Doing they shopping, run errands for them.

Hey mate,
Cheers and you guys take care .

This has existed in communities for the ages, often associated with churches, just some people are not aware of the work of others do in the community.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1322 on: September 05, 2020, 10:51:38 PM »
https://rcc.news/2020/09/russell-island-covid-19-case/

Maybe more of a rant but just what the fluk is Palaceofshades doing to try and control the spread of Covid in Queensland because she sure as fluk is not protecting her fellow Queenslanders.   

My old Man live on the Islands and until now has been to some degree isolated from Covid but as we have many times discussed the passenger ferries is a big concern for possible spread of Covid.   All it takes is one to commute from Island to mainland to bring it over to the Islands, Russel, Lamb, Macleay and Karragarra Islands.   

So now we have someone from the existing correctional services cluster potentially spreading the virus to a vulnerable community.

Sorry for the rant but I am just a bit annoyed with the stupid Border closure and not allowed to check on my old Man because I live in regional NSW with NO Covid cases but the Queersland Health calls us a Hotspot.     
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1323 on: September 06, 2020, 07:34:22 AM »
https://rcc.news/2020/09/russell-island-covid-19-case/

Maybe more of a rant but just what the fluk is Palaceofshades doing to try and control the spread of Covid in Queensland because she sure as fluk is not protecting her fellow Queenslanders.   

My old Man live on the Islands and until now has been to some degree isolated from Covid but as we have many times discussed the passenger ferries is a big concern for possible spread of Covid.   All it takes is one to commute from Island to mainland to bring it over to the Islands, Russel, Lamb, Macleay and Karragarra Islands.   

So now we have someone from the existing correctional services cluster potentially spreading the virus to a vulnerable community.

Sorry for the rant but I am just a bit annoyed with the stupid Border closure and not allowed to check on my old Man because I live in regional NSW with NO Covid cases but the Queersland Health calls us a Hotspot.     

So your critisizing the premier for not shutting down island borders? Yet pissed off with border controls. Qld is going great guns with the current virus. Our case numbers are no where near the 2 southern states and community spread is under control.  Recent polls show great majority of Queenslanders are happy with the border protection. Isnt that the job of a state premier ..to look after their state first?  I can understand your frustration but you are just one in many million who is frustrated.  Unfortunately this virus is no where near being under control. Check out how the Spanish Flu was handled and the devastating effect it had when people relaxed their attitude to it. I have kids and grandkids in Melbourne and country Victoria . One of them would never survive the virus, because of his medical condition.   Qld health is doing a great job and you can rest assured that the islands will receive prompt attention to stop any outbreak.  I,d rather be in Qld than NSW or Vic while the virus is still present.

Here is an interesting article on just how important it is to not be in a rush to "get back to normal"..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-06/victoria-coronavirus-covid-19-lockdown-restrictions-modelling/12633906

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1324 on: September 06, 2020, 10:01:27 AM »

So your critisizing the premier for not shutting down island borders? Yet pissed off with border controls. Qld is going great guns with the current virus. Our case numbers are no where near the 2 southern states and community spread is under control.  Recent polls show great majority of Queenslanders are happy with the border protection. Isnt that the job of a state premier ..to look after their state first?  I can understand your frustration but you are just one in many million who is frustrated.  Unfortunately this virus is no where near being under control. Check out how the Spanish Flu was handled and the devastating effect it had when people relaxed their attitude to it. I have kids and grandkids in Melbourne and country Victoria . One of them would never survive the virus, because of his medical condition.   Qld health is doing a great job and you can rest assured that the islands will receive prompt attention to stop any outbreak.  I,d rather be in Qld than NSW or Vic while the virus is still present.

Here is an interesting article on just how important it is to not be in a rush to "get back to normal"..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-06/victoria-coronavirus-covid-19-lockdown-restrictions-modelling/12633906

No, not criticising nor wanting Island Borders and while you may think Community spread is under control, this demonstrates it is not under control.  A person from a known cluster outbreak  potentially infecting an already isolated Community.   Lets hope the potential doesn't happen.   Reading different articles about this one case shows a complete lack of understanding of the four Island Communities.  While the one case resides on Russell Island, the Water Buses service all four Islands, great to have testing for Russell Island residents but people from the other three Islands could be sitting next to near the one case.   It is good to see Community spread in Queensland as well, lets hope for all sake, it is handled better then Vic was.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan