Author Topic: Bunnings Sausage Sizzel  (Read 11196 times)

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Bunnings Sausage Sizzel
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 08:57:48 AM »

The margarine was at an abnormal temperature, so it was melting and dripping on my toes and thongs.

I haven't been to a Bunnings snag shop that has margarine yet. Who do I sue for this failure to supply extra grease?

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 09:33:23 AM »
I don't eat onions, friggin hate the things, make me sick 7 different ways to Sunday.

So, i now feel, because i'm in the minority, i'm being discriminated against for my onion allergy.

So, to prove a point, I went to Bunnings yesterday and asked for my sausage to be handled and placed in a different order.
Well, didn't that cause an uproar.

I insisted, because i'm exempt from the onion thing, I wanted them to put the bread on top and the sausage below. (because its my right)

I ended up with burnt fingers, as the sausage was too hot.
The margarine was at an abnormal temperature, so it was melting and dripping on my toes and thongs.
My sausage fell out in plain view of everyone, dropped on the ground and as I stepped forward, it impacted with my foot.
I ended up kicking the sausage as I stepped forward and it shot across the car park and was about to roll down a drain.

NOOOOOO, I screamed, as my pork (Fukk 'em) $2.00 snag slipped through the grate and landed with a splash in the stagnant water in the drain.

I put my bread down near the drain, hoisted the steel grate up and fished out my snag.
During this, some cocksmoker in a Volvo, nearly hit me, swerving at the last minute and luckily, he did miss me, but he did run over my bread.

I scrapped my Volvo flattened bread up and put my wiped down sausage back in it. It was still covered in some green stuff, but it wouldn't wipe off.
It was truly a very sad sight and you know what, you can't hardly eat 'em after all that.

Your not alone, the Brides allergic to them too. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »
This would have to be one of the smartest Free Advertising campaigns going .. Sales are a bit slow Sooo ...
 Create an uproar over a trivial thing and everyone jumps on the social media yapping about **** at Bummings ... Then the idiot box mob get a sniff of something as big as a pimple on a babies bum to turn into Mount Vesuvius on a slow news day  ..
 PRESTO  "  FREE NATIONAL  MEDIA ADVERTISING " everyone is talking about Bummings ..  ;D ;D  SUCKERS  !

Then get some DOPEY SPLORE FOOTED farmer hick that hasnt got enough brains to watch / know where he's walking,  to say " It was meeee,  I slipped on an ungin from Bummings "  .. To authenticate it .
dunno about good advertising....hearing about such a stupid policy would make me avoid a business, not go there
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 06:34:43 AM »
dunno about good advertising....hearing about such a stupid policy would make me avoid a business, not go there
But    ,   But ,,, if you don't go to Bummblings where would you go  ??? ??? :-*
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 11:16:13 AM »
bunnings now require appropriate footwear to be worn by customers......

Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
But    ,   But ,,, if you don't go to Bummblings where would you go  ??? ??? :-*
For timber....Bretts, Mitre 10, Paddington Hardware, Finlaysons, Langs Timber etc etc.....or if I want plumbing and electrical stuff I go th actual plumbing and electrical wholesalers that sell stuff at nearly half the price Bunnings do....or if I want tools I go to Trade Tools, Total Tools, or by from an online store that is down the Gold Coast that delivers to my door heaps cheaper then a bricks and mortar store can / chooses to sell at.
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 01:39:51 PM »
For timber....Bretts, Mitre 10, Paddington Hardware, Finlaysons, Langs Timber etc etc.....or if I want plumbing and electrical stuff I go th actual plumbing and electrical wholesalers that sell stuff at nearly half the price Bunnings do....or if I want tools I go to Trade Tools, Total Tools, or by from an online store that is down the Gold Coast that delivers to my door heaps cheaper then a bricks and mortar store can / chooses to sell at.

OK if you have the convenience of those other stores. Many people don't, especially since the days when Bunnings squeezed a fair few out of many towns.
When you want/need that little thing of a Sunday morning, 1/2 way thru a job......then you drag yourself down to the place and pay thru the nose !!   :'( :'(
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
Whilst on the topic of OH&S "gone mad" - in his latest video; Luke from Drifta said OH&S inspectors just went through his factory from top to botton, and caused a shxt load of trouble ...

He said they seem to want to see him closed down and gone...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 06:20:37 PM »
OK if you have the convenience of those other stores. Many people don't, especially since the days when Bunnings squeezed a fair few out of many towns.
When you want/need that little thing of a Sunday morning, 1/2 way thru a job......then you drag yourself down to the place and pay thru the nose !!   :'( :'(
i never said everyone has that many choices, i just answered the question i was asked. We actually have heaps more stores than those to choose from here in Brisbane, yet so many people still flock to Bunnings...obviously they are happy to pay whatever just for the convenience of getting stuff at one location. My in-laws used to live in Gympie, before Bunnings arrived there they used to complain about the prices the local hardware chain charged the captive market it had, they were itching for the day Bunnings came to thier town, and when it did that's where they went....they were more then happy to stay away from the local guy in town who was there before Bunnings arrival.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
My in-laws used to live in Gympie, before Bunnings arrived there they used to complain about the prices the local hardware chain charged the captive market it had, they were itching for the day Bunnings came to thier town, and when it did that's where they went....they were more then happy to stay away from the local guy in town who was there before Bunnings arrival.

I found that like Coles and Woolies did, they drove down prices, cornered the market and then put the prices back up....just like Bunnings.

I miss the small Mitre 10 store...you could actually buy a handful of nails...or rivets....and sometimes they stocked the not so normal stuff that you can never find at Bunnings.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02:45 AM »
We use the Mitre 10 in Lowood. Smallish hardware, but with "most things" I'll ever need.

I was in Repco Gatton the other day and asked where the hardware store was and got told we didn't have one.  ???

Getting to buy everything in one place these days is a huge benefit.
A few months ago, I was chasing some particular springs I needed to repair a Mini front seat.
Went to Bunnings, they had 4 of what I needed out of 16.
The young bloke said, go to XYZ bolts and fasteners, they'll have them and be cheaper.
Left Bunnings Gympie to the north part of town.
Didn't have any of them, but told to try ABC Bolts and Bits.
Had nothing, so back to the southern end of town to Mitre 10 and they had 2.
I ended up back at Bunnings, talking to the same guy and ended up buying much longer springs to bring home and shorten to do the job.

Pain in the arse, should've just stayed at Bunnings in the first place
The convenience of everything under one roof is a massive bonus.

As Rumpig was talking about loyalty, in Tin Can Bay, there is one servo and he holds everyone to ransom with fuel prices etc.
If Woolies ever open a servo as they've planned, the Tin Can outlet will piss and moan for ever and a day about no loyalty, I guarantee it. 
If the dickhead realized, most people fuel up at Goomborian on the way to or from Gympie, he'd be a bit smarter, you would think.
Then again, maybe not..... 
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline boobook

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
They "encourage" you to purchase from Coles (also owned by Wesfarmers), but dont specify it.

Not necessarily.

We did a sausage sizzle at Bunnings Hawthorne ( vic) they advised that we talk to Bakers delight and Rainbow meats in Camberwell. Both offered free products. Rainbow even rang up at 2PM asking how we're going for sausages and brought down another big bag for us. I happily use and give free plugs for Rainbow now.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
I miss the small Mitre 10 store...you could actually buy a handful of nails...or rivets....and sometimes they stocked the not so normal stuff that you can never find at Bunnings.

My local Mitre 10 store is for emergencies only these days.

I went through a period of specifically shopping local with everything I possibly could. Had a decent sized project (decent sized for me anyway) and after shopping around I decided I’d stick with my local hardware store.

He quoted me 4 out of the 5 things I needed and assured me he’d “look after” me with the one piece that he had to order in.
I told him the plumbing store 10 minutes away had that missing piece in stock and it was only worth $80. Again he assured me he’d look after me and it was good that I “keep it local”.

So everything except the one piece that had to get ordered in gets delivered on time. The next day we’re standing there with a big empty hole in the ground, I’m paying for machines and operators doing nothing when finally that last piece finally arrives.
I ask how much, he says come into the shop tomorrow and we’ll work something out.

So the next day I find out that “keeping it local” and “looking after me” means he wants to sting me 3 times the price I could have got the missing piece from the guy down the road.
Then to top it off he says he made a mistake with the other bits he quoted me and they where almost double the price he gave me verbally only a couple of days earlier.

All up I got ripped a few $100.
I hope he made a nice profit out of that one job, because now I only walk in the door for small emergencies, anything worth $5 or more and I drive 20 minutes to get it from Bunnings.

It’s handy having a Mitre 10 around the corner, but they’ve ripped me off 1 too many times now.

Offline aussie9

• Tent User
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »
We use the Mitre 10 in Lowood. Smallish hardware, but with "most things" I'll ever need.

I was in Repco Gatton the other day and asked where the hardware store was and got told we didn't have one.  ???

Getting to buy everything in one place these days is a huge benefit.
A few months ago, I was chasing some particular springs I needed to repair a Mini front seat.
Went to Bunnings, they had 4 of what I needed out of 16.
The young bloke said, go to XYZ bolts and fasteners, they'll have them and be cheaper.
Left Bunnings Gympie to the north part of town.
Didn't have any of them, but told to try ABC Bolts and Bits.
Had nothing, so back to the southern end of town to Mitre 10 and they had 2.
I ended up back at Bunnings, talking to the same guy and ended up buying much longer springs to bring home and shorten to do the job.

Pain in the arse, should've just stayed at Bunnings in the first place
The convenience of everything under one roof is a massive bonus.

As Rumpig was talking about loyalty, in Tin Can Bay, there is one servo and he holds everyone to ransom with fuel prices etc.
If Woolies ever open a servo as they've planned, the Tin Can outlet will piss and moan for ever and a day about no loyalty, I guarantee it. 
If the dickhead realized, most people fuel up at Goomborian on the way to or from Gympie, he'd be a bit smarter, you would think.
Then again, maybe not.....
Drive another 11klm to Fernvale Produce Mitre 10…….....
I actually manage the hardware and rural side of things
We match Bunnings but are generally cheaper anyway
Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2018, 06:44:48 PM »
I'm a tradie and I shop at Bumblings and I love it.....

It's great for those quick cheap thing you need quickly, but if you want quality I always head to a "real" hardware store.
Curtain rods- Bunnings, garden hose - Bunnings, bit of rope or a door handle - Bunnings.
Tools- Mitre 10 or Tool shop, drill bits - Mitre 10 or Tool shop, paint - Mitre 10.
Flower pot or sausage sanger - Bunnings.
Timber - Mitre 10.

Horses for courses really.
Maccas is absolute crap which I sincerely believe should not be allowed to be called food.
Do I buy it. Yeah of course I do. Kids in the car for last 2 hours heading back from the farm hungry and tired. Stop at Maccas.
Would I go there for dinner? Yeah right, not without a freaking labotomy.
Bumblings has its purpose, but as per previous posts it's a shame the small guy gets driven out.
Service beats price anyday.
My business thrives on service and companies like Bumblings make it hard.

Still, burnt onion and a snag with dead horse is awesome after Saturday sport.  ;D

Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2018, 07:46:27 PM »
Misses showed me this from Facebook the other day......

ODE TO A BUNNINGS ONION

I am a Bunning’s onion

My life was once quite grand,

I’d get to look at everything

As you held me in your hand.

Looking out the drivers window

Or at the people you would greet,

All these scenes unfolded

Up upon my sausage seat.

Sometimes I would be blinded

Smothered by that sauce so red,

Or a squeeze of yellow mustard

Soaked up by the fresh white bread.

But now my life’s just not as good

As it used to be,

For my view is now constricted

By the snag on top of me.

And why you ask have things so changed,

Why did my status drop?

It’s all because some Gympie bloke

Trod on me and went flop!

So I’ll fade into obscurity

Underneath some dodgy meat,

Now that Bunning’s changed the way

We eat our weekend treat.

So please do not forget me

Now I’m down out of the way,

And now and then lift up that snag

And smile and say G’day!

I’ll still be just as tasty

Cooked so caramel and rich,

I’m just not as important

Since becoming Bunning’s B#tch!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:47:58 PM by Rumpig »
The following users thanked this post: Cruiser 105Tvan

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »
 :cup: :cup: :cup:

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 12:59:26 PM »
Problem solved  8)

:cup:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »
Problem solved  8)

:cup:
if only you got that much onion :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
if only you got that much onion :(
Depends on the length of your snag l suppose      :-*                 :cheers:

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
Depends on the length of your snag l suppose      :-*                 :cheers:
you promised you wouldnt tell :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
you promised you wouldnt tell :(
Can we be sure that we are looking at Onion Rings ,,,,,, on or off the said Snag  ??? ???                         :cheers:

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2018, 09:06:53 PM »
Quote from: speewa158
Can we be sure that we are looking at Onion Rings ,,,,,, on or off the said Snag  ??? ???                         :cheers:
Fi said you was a kinky old sod.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »

Donkey foreskins perhaps.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2018, 07:37:04 AM »
Whilst on the topic of OH&S "gone mad" - in his latest video; Luke from Drifta said OH&S inspectors just went through his factory from top to botton, and caused a shxt load of trouble ...

He said they seem to want to see him closed down and gone...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see what the concerns were..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!