Author Topic: Motor mechanic course Brisbane  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Annieandandy

• Soft Floor Camper User
Motor mechanic course Brisbane
« on: January 31, 2016, 07:08:40 PM »
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that run short basic mechanic courses in Brisbane?
It would be nice to have a good understanding of how 4wds operate so if you did break down somewhere remote you could have a good crack at fixing it.

Have looked at local takes but they seem a bit too in depth.

Cheers Andy

Offline Metters

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Motor mechanic course Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:22:44 PM »
It could be worth trying this place  http://www.iame.com.au/   I was a member for many years but not now.  I did a few courses with them on weekends.  I think from memory they accepted non members but for a higher fee.  If they can't help then they might know who can.

I doubt if you are going to find anything that is not in depth these days.  The days of three speed manual six cylinder pre emission carburettor Holdens are long gone.  At the same time though if you push past the initial shock and start studying the latest models, everything will soon start falling into place. 

The best place by far for information on your car is the genuine factory manuals, not the type that you buy in the auto accessory shops.

It all comes down to how far you want go into it.  If you are young and just starting with cars then get stuck into it.  It will save you a fortune over the years ahead.

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
Re: Motor mechanic course Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:29:04 PM »
If it's full of electrickery then get a ScanGuage. You can read fault codes but most beneficial is you can reset the computer when it shows a fault.
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut