Author Topic: Why do i only see pics i post when logged in???  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Why do i only see pics i post when logged in???
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
When i was picking up my CT today, i was talking to the main man about this site. He'd never heard of it. I was telling him about the all the info & helpful folks and mentioned the showroom section that he might be interested in.
Anyway i also mentioned that i had posted the pics he sent a couple of weeks ago & he was keen to see.
So he opened up the Myswag page, we found my post about my CT, but none of the  pics i posted could be seen.  ???
Now we could see a pic that muzza had posted but not the ones I had posted. So when i got home tonite  i checked the thread & yep i could see the pics, however when i logged out & then went back to the post as a guest.... no pics (mine only).
So whats happening? Can others see the pics i'm posting??  ???  ???

What i'm doing is when at the reply/quote page, I click on "additional Options". Choose a file from the "Attach" window & thats it (i've included photo of recent reef catch with this post)
So let me know..
1. If you can see the pic.  ???
2. If you cant  ???
3. Why? What am i doing wrong  ???
Really appreciate any help as i picked up my CT yesterday & was going to post a few pics tomorrow, but it may all be to no avail if I'm doing something wrong.
Cheers  :cheers:
Moggy

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
Re: Why do i only see pics i post when logged in???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
I can see your pic moggy. There are a few different ways of posting up pics and links to pics but I am not sure why some can see and others can't. Some of the computer whips can probably answer this question a little better than me.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »
It seems that on some forums you can only see limited pics as a guest and have access to all only if you are a member..

" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:23:49 AM »
I think your attaching them as if you were attaching a file to an email. Users probably need to be logged in to see attachments. If you slide your mouse over your picture it changes to the hand pointer that is used for clicking on hyperlinks.

The other way to put pictures on the forum is to upload them to a hosting server like photobucket. From there you can just copy and paste the IMG link into your post. The photo should then be viewable by all.

not sure if I have explained this all that well.
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:57:37 AM »
You need to be logged in in to see pics hosted by the forum, as you have described attaching them.

Pic hosted by third party sites can be viewed by anyone, anytime.

KingBilly

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
You need to be logged in in to see pics hosted by the forum, as you have described attaching them.

Pic hosted by third party sites can be viewed by anyone, anytime.

Correct.  A guest will not see the photos hosted by the forum.

KB

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »
This is by design, we encourage those interested to join and participate bu offering incentives to sign up.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails