Author Topic: Blue Tongue Campers  (Read 24139 times)

Offline rastus

• Tent User
Re: Blue Tongue Campers
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
Crappsy,Have you got your new camper and  how has your camper stacked up so far...is it what you expected

Cheers rastus

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life's short so enjoy it when you can
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »
Ratus,
I have had the new camper for a few weeks now
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=41641.0 
However yet to get it dirty that will be this long weekend. I only just have the room out the front of my place to set the camper up which i have done and put the annex roof on. This was a a little laborious by myself  (sh*T ladder did not help ether)but only have to do it the once. The polls look good/ok quality wise and all fit together well will have to wait and see what it like in a big wind/rain.
I checked the hubs and found them to be adequately greased and all of the bolts and nut were done up tight etc. 
I have just replaced the jockey wheel as it was at full stretch getting in on the Prado when empty. Plus it was underrated weight wise for the TC (see comments in link).
I will post a bit more about how it goes after the Easter long weekend and i have used it.
How is the wait going for you .   

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
Thx Crappsy for the detailed reply, the wait seems to be going on forever and missing out on camping weekends is really bugging me to say the least, good luck with your first weekend away and keep me posted on how it performs

cheers rastus

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
wooohooo 1000 views, never had a post that peeps were interested in before.

and still waiting, maybe another 3-4 weeks

cheers rastus

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »
Nice will keep us posted I'm keen to hear your conclusions. By the by I'm planning on installing a hand pump off the water tank just incase the battery dies might be something to add to your list when you get it.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 04:59:08 AM »
Both there forward and rear fold were on display at the Melb show must admit now the FF has made the list for our next camper, quite impressed. The guy mentioned that the FF was assembled in Kirrawee NSW the body and canvas are imported and the fit our occurs in Sydney

Please correct me if i'm wrong for i'm not real sure....But aren't the majority of CT's flat packed out of China and assembled in Aust.. ?? Are shocks,springs couplings and fittings actually manufactured in Australia any more ???  ........Just asking as i'm not sure....

Cheers Tracker.     ??? ???
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)
The following users thanked this post: ravenhard

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 05:18:52 AM »
      Please correct me if i'm wrong for i'm not real sure....But aren't the majority of CT's flat packed out of China and assembled in Aust.. ?? Are shocks,springs couplings and fittings actually manufactured in Australia any more ???  ........Just asking as i'm not sure....

Cheers Tracker.     ??? ???
Not even flat packed Tracker. Assembled in Australia means the suspension, wheels and shocks are bolted on. That is about it.  CT importers love to use the words like "assembled here in Australia" to win over purchasers that are umming and Arring about the Oz vs imported issue.

The suspension, wheels and shocks are not made in Oz but in reality I don't think anyone in Oz makes shocks and wheels anymore.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 07:41:18 AM »
Not even flat packed Tracker. Assembled in Australia means the suspension, wheels and shocks are bolted on. That is about it.  CT importers love to use the words like "assembled here in Australia" to win over purchasers that are umming and Arring about the Oz vs imported issue.

The suspension, wheels and shocks are not made in Oz but in reality I don't think anyone in Oz makes shocks and wheels anymore.

Thanks Muzza
                           So in reality my Ecomate forward fold is an imported Chinese CT......Butttt...with German bearings......lol.. ;D
                             Ahhh welllll .    We will see how it goes when we leave for the Cape on August the first

Cheers Tracker.

galstonjim

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 11:19:23 AM »

I bought a Blue Tongue rear fold last year. I have to say that the guys at Blue Tongue were very transparent about the camper being made in China. They were open about the work undertaken once they hit Australia; bolting on suspension and wheels, fitting gas lines, any mods requested and quality control before delivery. It was refreshing to find a manufacturer with their level of openness and is one major reason why I decided to purchase from them.

I have no vested interest; I'm just a happy owner.

James

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »
Big difference between someone trying to make a quick buck and someone who knows what they are doing and applies quality control.  Blue tongue started out making their own so they have an idea.

Majority of Apple Inc hardware is made in China, and the quality is fine with that.  Just  sayin.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 11:28:13 PM »
galstonejim, thats why I decided to go with them, they gave me a good deal and were transparent, now I just got to cool my heals until I get it......zzzzzzzzzz

cheers rastus

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »
called the Blue Tongue agents in Albury today and was told still on a slow boat from China, possible 3-4 weeks before it arrives. Scott rang back half an hour later and said "maybe just maybe" arrive in the next shipment 7 days from now, a week to process then deliver.

So best case scenario 2-3 weeks delivered woooohoooo, happy face

cheers rastus

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »
Nice :cheers:
The following users thanked this post: rastus

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »
called the Blue Tongue agents in Albury today and was told still on a slow boat from China, possible 3-4 weeks before it arrives. Scott rang back half an hour later and said "maybe just maybe" arrive in the next shipment 7 days from now, a week to process then deliver.

So best case scenario 2-3 weeks delivered woooohoooo, happy face

cheers rastus

Ain't it the longest wait....lol :cup: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
 Thanks Muzza
                           So in reality my Ecomate forward fold is an imported Chinese CT......Butttt...with German bearings......lol.. ;D
                             Ahhh welllll .    We will see how it goes when we leave for the Cape on August the first

Cheers Tracker.

All the best for the Cape Tracker. I'm sure your chinesecamperhome will do it easy. We went there in Aug 2013 and had a sensational time. We camped at the Umagico caravan Park as we couldn't get the boat any closer, great spot natives friendly and a good base.

cheers rastus

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Update.....just heard from Scott at Jayco in Albury, should be ready by end of next week [22nd]. All going well may have our camper ready for the Queens birthday weekend for its first shakedown trip.

Whhhoohoooo

rastus

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »
What's the word rastus?

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
Hey crappsy. Picked it up Sunday....been too busy trying season it and to fit all my stuff left over from my Tambo into it to post pickies, but will do shortly.

Cheers rastus

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Finnaly piccies as promised

1. Home at last
2. Start the seasoning process
3. The annex floor....its huge, wont be taking the full annex to the Kimberly's
4. The shower floor, all walls and roof comes with the camper, might not make it on the trip also
5. Space for our new [flybuy's Webber Q]

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Cont.

1. Bed made ready for our first shakedown on the Queens B/Day weekend, not sure about the new drawer setup, not very deep, but too late to change now

cheers

rastus

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »
lookn good. enjoy your shake down trip 

Don't know if yours is the same as mine re where the fire extinguisher is mounted, but on mine it has no cut uot for it on the skirt, which is a little inconvenient if it where ever needed.   

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
never thought of that crapsy
The following users thanked this post: peter01

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
Rastus here are some pics one of the locking pin and one of where the fire extinguisher is but no access flap

galstonjim

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:03 PM »
Crappsy, my extinguisher is mounted inside the drawer next to the fridge slide. Nice and close to the kitchen and no worries with the skirt.

Also, my spare wheel locking pin is mounted vertically where yours is horizontal.

They obviously made some minor changes as the camper was developed. Can take photos if it helps.

Rastus, nice looking camper.

Offline rastus

• Tent User
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 12:08:17 AM »
Ill take pics of my swing arm, yours looks a different setup crappsy. My fire extinguisher is mounted on the slide out pantry in the kitchen next to the fridge and im sure I can access both cooktop and kitchen thru my draft skirts, like galstonjim said....minor changes as they progress

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:11:36 AM by rastus »