Author Topic: What do you pack your clothes in when travelling in a camper trailer  (Read 13952 times)

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: What do you pack your clothes in when travelling in a camper trailer
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

Since there are 5 of us, 4 of whom get extremely messy!! we are going to need a fair few clothes.

Cheers
Tan

Tan,

obviously you need to ask Neil what his secret is to keeping everything tidy!

Our Kimberley has a draw under the bed, all the clothes just go in there - the jocks and socks etc usually get put in one of those net washing bags that you can get at woolworths. This just makes them a bit easier to find if things get stirred up a bit.
Lindsay
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline rochelle

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 11:14:44 AM »
we use the "Travelling Light Series" range of bags, and some clear plastic tubes, we have three boys (11-12years) and Craig and I, so have lots of stuff to pack! I like our clothes to 'breath' (especially when they are on the dirty side of the trip!) but the plastic buckets are great for toys, lights and stuff to keep the boys amused :-)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »
Tan,

obviously you need to ask Neil what his secret is to keeping everything tidy!

Our Kimberley has a draw under the bed, all the clothes just go in there - the jocks and socks etc usually get put in one of those net washing bags that you can get at woolworths. This just makes them a bit easier to find if things get stirred up a bit.
Lindsay

Yep, we do the same as Lindsay, before the trip, open up the tailgate , slide out the underbed drawer, chuck in the clothes, then close back up....and as there is only two of us, there is plenty of room ( nah....not really ....cause like any female....the wife will cram as much in as she can....even if its only for a weekend !! ;D )
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »
with just the two of us, we have the luxury of the whole back seat.  So, we have a suitcase each on the backseat of the cruiser, and a bag for dirty clothes in between it.  Used towels are always hanging over the back seat and suitcases to try and dry out a bit.  This works now, but when we take our border collie for a trip, lots of things will have to be rearranged. She will travel in the rear, on top of the drawer, which is a great area for her, as the cargo barrier shelf and divider make a great 'cage' that she can stand and move around in. Hopefully will take her for a couple of weeks trial run next year, now she just gets to go for day trips to the beach.  Hey , got off the subject a bit didn't I?  Oh, well.
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Malcur

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »
We use the plastic boxes from Bunnings (approdx 48l). The only problem is that for a weekend, we only need one, but my clothes always seem to be on the bottom, so getting to them means I have to get through all Ros' clothes first  ???.  I would prefer a bag each as they would be easier to pack around - the plastic boxes take up the same amount of room whether full or empty. The Caribee bags D4D mentioned earlier might be worth looking at.

Mal