Author Topic: Unbelievable and disgusting  (Read 43516 times)

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Unbelievable and disgusting
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:49 PM »
Watching the video it seems to me that stupidity is inherent in most pushbike riders.
Turning in front of a car......stupid
Racing across an intersection and not even giving a car the chance to stop....Stupid
Running into pedestrians.....Ok that's right Pushbike riders have the rights to both road and footpaths.
riding in the dark, wearing dark clothing, no lights....of course its the cars fault.......stupid.

But most annoying is these vegetables have no insurance, carry no ID and never pay for the damage inflicted on vehicles they scratch, dent and damage.

Just so you know, I ride, a mountain bike, off the road and do you know why.
Because its too bloody dangerous to ride on the road........stupid
The only reason it is to dangerous to ride on the roads is because there are too many d-heads driving that are either:
Too important to wait for a few seconds to pass safely
So incompetent that they can't judge where the other side of the car is
Or distracted by playing Facebook or texting while driving.
Fortunately these muppets are in the minority.
I find that the majority of drivers act appropriately around me when I ride on the roads. I do worry about the muppet driver factor. sometimes I just want to get from a to b without shelling out $1.50/L and get some bonus exercise without being shut up in a smelly gym. If I want recreational cycling I'll choose the bush every time, but sometimes have to ride roads to get there.

I carry ID and ride in a way that is not going to inflict damage on another (becuase it is also very likely to hurt me more) and wouldn't shirk the responsibility if I did. I'm pretty sure the majority of cyclists are in the same boat. Problem is the d-head cyclist factor ruins it for the rest of us according to motorists that hate 'Lycra louts'
The following users thanked this post: peter01

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:17 AM »
As above

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »

I find that the majority of drivers act appropriately around me when I ride on the roads. I do worry about the muppet driver factor.

No different to when driving a car on the roads.....that's why there are so many accidents. But there's a good chance you'll come out of it alive......not so much when on a pushy ..

You blokes need to get fitter, so you can ride at the same speed as the traffic, then you won't have as many problems !

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
You blokes need to get fitter, so you can ride at the same speed as the traffic, then you won't have as many problems !
Working on it, but it's hard getting up to speed through lines of stopped cars sometimes.