Author Topic: Storage in the Cub Supmatic  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
Storage in the Cub Supmatic
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »
How do you use the storage in the under bed area of the Cub Supamatic? and do you use the hard floor area for additional storage when towing.

In the process of setting up for first trip (in a 2007 model - Off Road) and looking for smart ideas to stow quite a bit of gear.
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline thommo19

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Storage in the Cub Supmatic
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
I'm certainly no expert ,but we use the under bed storage for our clothes in plastic tubs.
Jeff 

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »
X2 plastic tubs from Office works that fit under the bed are the ducks guts . with the lid on every body can have a cloths bin , then a food bin , for stuff not in the pull out pantry , kitchen bin for all equipment .  l get 9 tubs & 2 fold up chairs  every thing is packed in so it can't move around it works well for me . You will find the best way for you . This is all in a Supermatic Escape  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
In my old cub, I installed a hinged door into the end of the bed between the fridge and the cupboard.
Then I made 4 wooden boxes that would slide through the door. That way I could pack the boxes with our clothes and crap and then slide them in under the bed with-out having to open out the camper.

the trap door hinges up (opening the draw a little holds it open). SWIMBO was always told she can take anything she wants, as long as it fits in the box.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:46:33 PM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline stessl85

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
Love that hinged door Spada. It should be standard on all Cub trailers. Opening and closing the bed becomes a real pain when on extended trips.

Is that a Cub cupboard or did you make it yourself? I like the switches and gauges - accessible when the roof is down.

As for boxes under the bed, we had issues in Central Australia with mice getting in via the kitchen opening and biting into almost every item containing food that was not metal. We threw out heaps of food and replaced all boxes with large plastic boxes with sealed lids.  Also kept the kitchen hatch closed when not in use.

cheers

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »
I am taking notes. Thanks for the responses so far.
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »
Love that hinged door Spada. It should be standard on all Cub trailers. Opening and closing the bed becomes a real pain when on extended trips.

Is that a Cub cupboard or did you make it yourself? I like the switches and gauges - accessible when the roof is down.

cheers

Cupboard is cub standard, easy enough to retrofit if you wanted to as it is just screwed in place. Hat to replace the full panel at the end of the bed to be able to fit the hatch. just used 6mm ply and varnished it.

Light switches, battery gauge and master switch were my own work.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.