Author Topic: Camel beachcomber elite se or Johnno's Xr15  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Mcdunk

• Learning the Ropes
Camel beachcomber elite se or Johnno's Xr15
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:36:21 PM »
Just looking to upgrade to either aJohnnos XR15 or a  camel beachcomber elite se second hand l sold my blue waters mitchell which was just way to hard to set up not making it enjoyable to go camping.Both have independent suspension both are reputable brands l know Johnnos tents are easy to set up and pack up dont know about camel?? One lm looking at has 10ft tent (camel)  and they do look stronger your thoughts would bd appreciated

Offline SimpleSi

• Tent User
Re: Camel beachcomber elite se or Johnno's Xr15
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »
Can't Comment on the Johnno's, but I love my Camel (Beachcomer Elite SE).
Setup time is pretty quick.  Have done a 10,000km trip to NT and back (from Bris) no issues.  Camper went really well.
I would have said mine is a 9ft tent?  A few mods done, and overall very solid.  About to take it to the Kimberley mid-year.

Offline Mcdunk

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:00:51 PM »
The blue water mitchell was a nightmare so glad its gone. Am going to have a look at a camel beachcomber elite se  next weekend its a 2014 model full annexe near new condition only $12,500 see what happens and hiw easy main tent set up and pack is fingers crossed  :cheers:

Offline SimpleSi

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
You could do the tent in 5mins.  Annex maybe 10-15.  Of course, setting up the full campSITE is 30-60mins.  We keep the annex roof connected and folded over the top of the tent,  only use as required.

Offline Johnnos3003

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 11:24:47 AM »
I am biased to the Johnno's, I bought mine for the quick tent set up and for the basic but solid trailer.

I also looked at camels, I have not set one up but looks simular and also solid trailers although the Johnnos have the lockers on the side.

I don't believe there is support for either any more???

But the guy that made the Johnno's tents is still on the sunny coast under the name 'crazy dog canvas' - look him up on Facebook he is into all sorts now and even working with drifta.

Offline Mcdunk

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 01:24:51 PM »
Camel name and equipment was bought my MDC they are based at slacks creek trailer and tent service still available there also original owner of camel is there as well so lm led to believe.

Offline Humphreythebear

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 06:39:22 AM »
https://www.melbournecampertrailers.com/floor-stock/coolibah-soft-floor/

Make a call , made by CUB ( Johnnos manufacturer ) - Johnnos were / are awesome trailers , simple and goober proof !
Outback Sturt , Holden SS Ute and a MTB for the Rough Stuff