Author Topic: Coffs Harbour Area.......What to see and do????????  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
Coffs Harbour Area.......What to see and do????????
« on: September 15, 2019, 05:46:50 AM »
Heading down to Coffs for a week next week. Staying at Emerald Beach. What are the must see/do attractions around the area? I've already planned abit of a day trip over to Dorrigo and surrounds. Also would like to get to Pebbly Beach at Corindi. Unfortunately we are taking the kids to the Big Banana. Heard that it's getting a bit tired these days. Any ideas as to things to do??????????
Cheers, Mike.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline vern

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Coffs Harbour Area.......What to see and do????????
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 08:05:10 AM »
Take the kids up to Sealy lookout and do the tree top climbing or just go for a look.
Pebbly you want to go to either side of low tide.
Bellingen is worth a look, head out to the promised lands and do the loop for a bit of scenery, kids should like the short walks, pretty spectacular.
Ebor falls, hopefully the fires have gone out.
Plenty to do and see around here

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »
Plenty to do in Coffs.  the Big Banana is still an attraction, just changing direction of how it entertains. 

Pebbly is always a good day out, just check the tides.  Plenty to do on the Dorrigo run.

The fires are still burning and plenty of smoke about.  Hopefully the smoke might have cleared.  Due to the fires the likes of Platypus Flats has been closed while they do back burning operations. 

Depending on what sort of things you are interested in as to what is available. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:33:37 AM »
Keep em coming. Just added the Eastern most point of Oz at Cape Byron to the list. We'll do that on the way home.
Do we need a permit for beach driving down there?  As I said to the bride, I want to do stuff that we can't do or see at home, Gladstone QLD. So up for anything really. Don't really want to do the big dollar touristy things that usually leave me underwhelmed and pissed off at the cost.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »
Keep em coming. Just added the Eastern most point of Oz at Cape Byron to the list. We'll do that on the way home.
Have you climbed Mt Warning?
Minyon Falls?  camp at Rummery Park(npws).
https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/rummery-park-campground

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:21:48 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »
Do we need a permit for beach driving down there?  As I said to the bride, I want to do stuff that we can't do or see at home, Gladstone QLD. So up for anything really. Don't really want to do the big dollar touristy things that usually leave me underwhelmed and pissed off at the cost.

No you don't need a permit for beach driving...YET.   Council is keen to bring it in though.   

https://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/Resident-Services/Roads_Traffic/Pages/driving-on-beaches.aspx

Not too many tourist attractions in Coffs Harbour, our Council, does not see tourism as a major industry, it sees that as retirement.  Maybe that is why we do not have a Tourist Information Centre.  Also is the reason why when looking for things to do in Coffs they refer you to the neighbouring Council, Bellingen for the boardwalk at Urunga, The Promised Lands at Bellingen, Dorrigo for the rainforests and National Park. 

Cape Byron is a good place to visit, just be prepared to put up with every other person trying to squeeze into Byron.   

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
Winery just south at Raleigh if you're interested ???

https://www.raleighwines.com/
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
What the Raleigh motorsports complex?
http://raleighraceway.com.au/
Hire Go Karts.
Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »
Be all end all of a list of places / things to do around Coffs .. Thanks to Kev ...    https://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com/
Beach drive South Ballina beach ..Burns Point ferry road X river take first left then out to South seaway wall / south Ballina beach ..
If you stop at Broadwater National park Evans Head when headed north ask a local if its passable / tide rocks / beach condition etc and you may be able to do the run up to Ballina along the beach instead of the Highway ..
https://www.motorama.com.au/blog/4x4-adventures/motorama-4x4xmore-best-beaches-south-ballina/  ..
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-28.2117822,153.545204/-29.055721,153.420159/@-28.7504626,153.1554771,9z/data=!4m4!4m3!1m1!4e1!1m0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:08:54 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "