Author Topic: WA DOWN UNDER OFF ROAD CAMPER TRAILER (what are they like)  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Pirate_Pete

• Soft Floor Camper User
I'm looking at a second hand 2008 WA DOWN UNDER OFF ROAD CAMPER TRAILER with independent suspension today. Does any body here have one & if so what are they like?

Is there any thing I need to look for?

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: WA DOWN UNDER OFF ROAD CAMPER TRAILER (what are they like)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »
Very Good... I think you'll find they make the tents for 2 or 3 other well know brands of camper in WA.
I have owned one of the other brands of camper that these guys make the tent for and couldn't have been happier. The canvas is so dark we could sleep in until 9am on a sunny day and not even know. I had some extra annex made up.

Not to sure on the other aspects of the trailer but can't fault the canvas.

Hope this helps.
2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline gec

• Swag User
  • 5.7 V8 Powered GQ Patrol
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:46 AM »
I have one, I have had it for near eight years and the only thing it needs is a bit of paint and it will look brand new, the trailers are very robust and the tent I cant fault, the canvas is very thick and well made with midge proof mesh on all the windows, my family and I love it and wish we could use it more often, I'm sure if you get it you will have many years service from it with little or no trouble.
Ex Western Patrol Club Member, growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Offline Pirate_Pete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »
Well I ended up looking at & then buying the camper this afternoon.

2008 model with independent suspension, canvas is in good nick with a little red dust on it as it has been to Cape York & back then up the centre to Darwin & round the west.

Has 2 100a/h AGM batteries that feed the fridge & 4 sets of LED strip lights. ( these need some fuses between the batteries & Anderson plugs) Plus wired for 240v in the front box & for the fridge.

ARB 60l fridge on a slide.

All I need to do is get a gas cooker & maybe a Webber Q & I'm ready to go.

Then tidy up the wiring & fit a charger for the batteries & get a solar panel.