Author Topic: If you had to live somewhere else in Australia, where would it be.  (Read 8172 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: If you had to live somewhere else in Australia, where would it be.
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2019, 11:12:00 AM »
Right here.....
Not telling where it is, because that point break is only for me and the reef that’s only 40 minutes away has all of my fish ready and waiting for me to catch...
I don’t need you lot coming and making a crowd... :P

This popped up in my FB feed, took me a little while to figure out why that bit of coastline looked familiar, not "the" house, but pretty close.

https://raywhiterurallivestock.com.au/properties/residential-for-sale/qld/agnes-water-4677/house/2210666

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:38:44 AM by tryagain »

Offline Wazza999

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2019, 02:46:03 PM »
My home turf is FNQ and I lived for 40 years in northern Australia before moving to the south. I really like the Atherton Tableland with its milder climate and access to the gulf and the cape. There are still some great spots and not too crowded compared with the SE corner of the country, so my heart would be for the north. However having lived in the south for twenty odd years now, for touring (and international footy matches), I appreciate the proximity to the rest of the country. We lived in the top end for four years and it was an expedition in itself just to get out of the NT. So for the heart back to FNQ, but for practicality I reckon some where around Bermagui, great fishing and good community, far enough away from Canberra day trippers and only dedicated travellers from either Melbourne or Sydney venture there, not even a surfing or school holiday hotspot. I can even claim ancestral ties as the great-great relos owned a sawmill on the south coast in the 19th century. It might be a bit bleak and cold in winter compared to the sunshine state, but compared to the current abode in Canberra it's positively balmy.
NT Pajero/2007 Goldstream Crown

Offline Nifty1

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2019, 07:34:03 PM »
I reckon somewhere out of the city, on some lakes and rivers and a 90 mile beach, good fishing and surfing and sailing, an hour and a half from the snow, couple of hours from NSW South Coast, on the doorstep of the High Country, train ride to the big smoke - ooh sorry, just seen it has to be 200 k from where I live now...
Tvan + Terracan
Hilux Adventure Camper
1999 Outback Sturt - an oldie but a goodie. Updated of course (passed on within family)

Offline Spooky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2019, 08:19:48 PM »
Somewhere absolute riverfront just out of town in the SA Riverland. On the River Murray of course. We lived on a houseboat on Lower Murray for a couple of years in the early 2000's and sold for commercial reasons (we needed the money) and now being on my own because of the passing of my beautiful bride I would go north to the river and look at the passing boats in company with my dogs.
I'm the Spook and I'm almost normal!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »
flyin into Perth other day, there were some amazing islands and coastline around Esperence... Reckon I could go Woody Island :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »
Rainbow beach Qld, or Weipa  and where we are now at Cooroy, Craig
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:55:06 PM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »
This popped up in my FB feed, took me a little while to figure out why that bit of coastline looked familiar, not "the" house, but pretty close.

https://raywhiterurallivestock.com.au/properties/residential-for-sale/qld/agnes-water-4677/house/2210666
I don’t have enough zeros in my bank account for that one... :(