Author Topic: I wonder why Aussie business's can't get ahead. FED Govt. use BMW.  (Read 16775 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: I wonder why Aussie business's can't get ahead. FED Govt. use BMW.
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
Quote from: GeeTee
Under The Gee Tee Labour and Industry Plan, tariffs would be re-introduced to put the price of subsidised/cheap imports back up - everything from lemon juice to traffic light poles to railway carriages - to once again create jobs here.
Now how can I get a job in the gummint?!
Honestly I don't think it would go 1% far enough to reviving this country.

Another big issue is any company investing here in our new economy and era - even if people did take their 80% pay cut for 10 years, would know that after that time, fukwit unions would just strike and demand more and more and we would be right back where we are now within days.

What will be left once the mining crashes and goes away?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »

The other 80% by GDP of our economy.  Yes, it will be an issue in the future, so time to start structural realignment now. Working smarter, more efficiently, and in high value output areas. Time to stop the "good ideas" and smart workers moving offshore, not putting up barricades to cheap imports via tariffs and taxes.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »
Why do we need to protect our Pollys                            not worth the bullet                        >:D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
Honestly I don't think it would go 1% far enough to reviving this country.

Another big issue is any company investing here in our new economy and era - even if people did take their 80% pay cut for 10 years, would know that after that time, fukwit unions would just strike and demand more and more and we would be right back where we are now within days.

So the 65% pay cut you were touting as the 'solution' a few posts back is now 80%.
Lets just all imagine average wages dropping from approx $65,000 per year to $14,000 per year ... what would be the impact of such huge wage cuts be on the economy? I canjust imagine banks making similar reductions in the outstanding level of loans and required repayments - NOT!!!!
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »
Spotted this last night  as The PM went to Parliment house and came back as Ms Gillard.

The security vehicle tailing her and now the recycled  PM in the shot below is a Beemer. These used to be Aussie cars. Prevoiusly an Adventra. Why not Teritorys?

Hands up how many MySwaggers are towing their CTs with Fords or Holdens - thought so.
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
Hands up how many MySwaggers are towing their CTs with Fords or Holdens - thought so.
2000 Holden Monterey.   ;D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »

Probably more on here using X5's as a tow car...

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »
Probably more on here using X5's as a tow car...
LOL, sad but possibly true.

Marschy

FG XR6 is my tug

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
2001 Holden Rodeo.

OK, ok, its an Izuzu, but its got a Holden badge on it.  ;D
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline Tim - Stratford

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Sarah's Canvas Products
    • Canvas Jaffle Iron Covers
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »
Why do we need to protect our Pollys                            not worth the bullet                        >:D

I thought it was to protect the Protective detail... >:D

Sarah's Canvas Products...
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=30053.0

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »

1999 Ford Courier ute.      Not flash and not fast. Not even bullet proof.  But I love it, ..............besides. Its all we can afford.
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »
Its not what you got its where it gets you that counts . Hook up , Hook in & Hook em Down     :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 08:34:17 AM »
I tow with a Ford.......Ranger built in Thailand
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »

When was the last Australian built by Holden or Ford 4WD last available - thought so.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »
Quote from: B&B
So the 65% pay cut you were touting as the 'solution' a few posts back is now 80%.
Lets just all imagine average wages dropping from approx $65,000 per year to $14,000 per year ... what would be the impact of such huge wage cuts be on the economy? I canjust imagine banks making similar reductions in the outstanding level of loans and required repayments - NOT!!!!
I said 65% before, and then said 80% as in even if they took 80% over 65% it wouldnt help.

Aussies would never go for it, as they can't see beyond smoko today and the need for a new 100inch TV every 2 years..

If your not competitive in the market place you lose - that is Australia at the moment and the last decade.. Why do you think everything is pissing off to countries that pay $1.00 a week? over our $50-200/hour? Its not cause they like have soup bowl haircuts.

Banks wont give a **** - noting they are one of the biggest "send everything overseas" business out there, Chinese will buy everything that doesnt move - oh thats right they have been for 10 years.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »
I said 65% before, and then said 80% as in even if they took 80% over 65% it wouldnt help.

Aussies would never go for it, as they can't see beyond smoko today and the need for a new 100inch TV every 2 years..

If your not competitive in the market place you lose - that is Australia at the moment and the last decade.. Why do you think everything is pissing off to countries that pay $1.00 a week? over our $50-200/hour? Its not cause they like have soup bowl haircuts.

Banks wont give a **** - noting they are one of the biggest "send everything overseas" business out there, Chinese will buy everything that doesnt move - oh thats right they have been for 10 years.
That has always been the case with Australia in the world 'marketplace' - which is why we had tarriffs. A combination of a small home market and large freight distances would always make competitiveness difficult, even if all other factors were 'equal', and they will never be unless Australians are prepared to join a race to the bottom on low wages with China / India / Bangladesh, etc.
I agree that the community wouldn't stand for it, primarily because the economy would grind to a halt with a 70 - 80% reduction in income levels. 

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
That has always been the case with Australia in the world 'marketplace' - which is why we had tarriffs. A combination of a small home market and large freight distances would always make competitiveness difficult, even if all other factors were 'equal', and they will never be unless Australians are prepared to join a race to the bottom on low wages with China / India / Bangladesh, etc.
Then expect in 15-20 years to be a wasteland. Its going to be hard one way or the other.

I agree that the community wouldn't stand for it, primarily because the economy would grind to a halt with a 70 - 80% reduction in income levels.
Maybe when there are no jobs here apart from data entry jobs for websites for our chinese overlords people will think "Shit maybe we should have"... hindsight is stunning.. I'm more worried about what will happen when my kids attempt to get work here.. they stand **** all hope. They will just keep going with good old labours 457 visas
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
Then expect in 15-20 years to be a wasteland. Its going to be hard one way or the other.
Maybe when there are no jobs here apart from data entry jobs for websites for our chinese overlords people will think "**** maybe we should have"... hindsight is stunning.. I'm more worried about what will happen when my kids attempt to get work here.. they stand **** all hope. They will just keep going with good old labours 457 visas
Surely you can't see our kids working for Bangladeshi-like wages as a solution?
There are a number of things I think in hindsight should not have been done.
Among the more recent was the Free Trade Agreement signed with the US by Howard and Costello just prior to the 2004 election. Among other things it sold out our primary industries, while allowing the S to continue to protect theirs.  Also greatly extended the length of copywrite protection, to the benefit of the US.
Many would have seen the 'Button Car Plan' under Hawke as the beginning of the end, however most on here wouldn't be able to afford to drive their Jap 4x4s without it.
Similarly, in relation to de-regulation of the Au$, much of what we purchase and also much of the wage income of many in the mining industry, to cite just one example, would not have eventuated had the Au$ not been floated.
The 'solution' to the extent that there is one, is to extend the concept of fair value wages.  If for no other reason, if the percentage of workers receiving fair wages in secure jobs continues to reduce so will the markets for goods and services, irrespective of the price.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
Surely you can't see our kids working for Bangladeshi-like wages as a solution?
honestly I can see them really struggling to be working at all - in AU that is. Sorry but business are closing faster than a hookers legs when you say you have no cash. Or just leaving our shores and relocating. And honestly it makes good business sense. Telstra, Banks, insurance companies, Helpdesks, IT jobs, all outsourced.

The unemployment figures released by the Gov are fiction, or at best "seasonally adjusted"... Its like the debt figures given pre-election, all of a sudden they are brilliant, until after the election when they are "oh Shit, we cant afford all those promises".. But everyone knows that.

There surely wont be the amount of high payed jobs there are now.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
I wonder why Aussie business's can't get ahead. FED Govt. use BMW.
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 12:53:23 PM »
As mentioned we've priced ourselves out of the market greatly due to this mindset of we all deserve the best of everything. I totally agree that the penalty rates are way over the top causing many businesses not to achieve their full potential. Whilst this might be completely wrong, I personally think that one way to help overcome this would be rather than double time etc, make any overtime/ weekend rates tax exempt, therefore making it easier for businesses and giving employees extra also. While yes the government miss out on some tax dollars, they will pick up extra GST etc. I know of many businesses that don't open their doors on weekends due to high running costs.
Just my thoughts

Sent from the machine that goes..... Bing!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
Quote from: Marcus73
As mentioned we've priced ourselves out of the market greatly due to this mindset of we all deserve the best of everything. I totally agree that the penalty rates are way over the top causing many businesses not to achieve their full potential. Whilst this might be completely wrong, I personally think that one way to help overcome this would be rather than double time etc, make any overtime/ weekend rates tax exempt, therefore making it easier for businesses and giving employees extra also. While yes the government miss out on some tax dollars, they will pick up extra GST etc. I know of many businesses that don't open their doors on weekends due to high running costs.
Just my thoughts

Also when you can import an item (Air locker) made at Kilsyth (20klms from here) from the USA and save close to 50% something is wrong. People are importing car tyres! Saving **** loads on what they can get them from here. (EG: Muz saving $800 on his BFG Muddys).. nobody at work buys clothes from here anymore, all imported.. shoes from USA - better than 50% off.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:01:09 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »
Also when you can import an item (Air locker) made at Kilsyth (20klms from here) from the USA and save close to 50% something is wrong. People are importing car tyres! Saving **** loads on what they can get them from here. (EG: Muz saving $800 on his BFG Muddys).. nobody at work buys clothes from here anymore, all imported.. shoes from USA - better than 50% off.
Clearly not an issue in relation to cost of manufacture in this instance, would be interested to know why.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
Clearly not an issue in relation to cost of manufacture in this instance, would be interested to know why.

Our major stores dont even buy our own produce..Every week farmers are dozing in 100's of acres of produce they cant sell... then when these arsehole scrote companies lie, get massive killer fines of a few bux to teach them a lesson and make sure they never do it again.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/coles-fined-for-helping-australia-grow-with-fruit-from-the-us-and-france-20130701-2p6my.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »
I just started buying produce from aussie farmers direct.. The best fruit I have had in years.

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)