Author Topic: Unbelievable and disgusting  (Read 43600 times)

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
Re: Unbelievable and disgusting
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »

.I hope she is big enough not to label all cyclist that same

No, and she made that clear on her facebook page.
It wasn't a tirade towards cyclists, it was towards a f#ckwit who happens to ride a bike

She took today off as well and has had some retail therapy.... never believed in it til today  :D
I spoke to her earlier and she feels much better, so if she is feeling better, then going after the turd will just make things worse

Still, need to wait for tests to be done and hopefully the results will be negative

Cheers
John
Another awesome forum.... now i'll never get to bed :D

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
Yesterday must have been road rage day as here in Brisbane 2 men got into an incident on the road and one got pushed in front on a truck and died.

Pretty sad world we are turning into when some gets spat on the face for a honest mistake or pushed in front of a truck.

Yep, shocking and sad

"Drive as if every other road user is trying to kill you."

That's how I drive too.
It's a pity that most people drive either aggressive. arrogant or just plain stupid

Offline cruiserv8

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
As a passionate cyclist I apologise on behalf of the ones that do the right thing and respect the cars on the road.

Sadly, dickhead cyclists are dickhead drivers and
dickhead drivers are the same dickhead cyclists.

Every third ride I do I would get told to "get off the road you fat c-word' , all im trying to do is get fit and lose weight.

Hope your mrs is ok

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »
G'day,

Quote from: tracker on Today at 04:39:50 AM

Just to set the records straight......This was not my quote it was WEEDS  #21 Quote which i copied and pasted.......Im certainly not a  lycra  wearing guy....i call then liquorice all sorts  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Tracker.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:14:12 PM by tracker »
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »
G'day,

Quote from: tracker on Today at 04:39:50 AM

Just to set the records straight......This was not my quote
Cheers Tracker.

No worries, the answer is still the same  ;D

Offline Elky

• Tent User
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »
I prefer to mountain bike, no worries with dickhead drivers on the trails, obviously this guy has had a few run ins with cars and was ready to blow, sadly your wife was the one to cop it, if it wasn't her it would of been the next guy (or gal)

2010 TTD Landcruiser, i have added stuff but can't remember what! Slowly gettin quicker at setting up the brumby but breaking camp is another matter....

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »

It wasn't a tirade towards cyclists, it was towards a f#ckwit who happens to ride a bike

I think some commenting on the forum have missed that point...

Hope the retail therapy helped.

I hate to say it but the wait for the test results will be horrible. Housemate of mine had to get hepatitis and aids tests after we woke up to two burglars in our uni flat. Fisticuffs ensued and he cut his hands on the guy's teeth - turns out the burglar was an intravenous drug user.  Bloody nervous time for him. Thankfully all clear after it all, but he was a wibbling mess for a while.

It was satisfying that one did time for it (the other escaped). The one that got caught apparently required stitches when he arrived at the station.  It was all such confusing and frightening time that no-one involved (including the arresting officers he threw punches at) knew how it could possibly have happened.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
Personally I think cyclist have no place on our roads these days.

Cyclist (peddlies) are prohibited from using our expressways and freeways for a reason, the law should apply to all roads.

It's fine for you to think that, and others can think that too. Just remember though that cyclists are still allowed to ride on the road. they aren't there to hold you up, just to get someplace.

Sometimes having a couple of tonnes of metal creating a near death experience can result in a reaction driven by adrenalin, sometimes resulting in over-reactions that the cyclist later regrets.

And of course there are still the minority nut cases/grubs like the guy in the OP out there too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:56:29 AM by NewieCamper »

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »
Personally I think cyclist have no place on our roads these days.

I agree......and me and you will get howled down for saying so, but while it doesn't bother me personally, anyone who rides a pushy on main roads is just a statistic waiting to happen. Ride as careful as you like, the odds are sooner or later you ARE going to get hit.
Most who ride are doing it to keep fit......get a mountain bike and hit the trails...the tree you hit will still hurt, but it's not coming at you at 60 k/ph !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
Pedestrians shouldnt be allowed outside of their houses either
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45
The following users thanked this post: timmmmm

Offline callmejoe

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »
Pedestrians shouldnt be allowed outside of their houses either

Yeah specially the ugly 1's. 
The could scare a someone operating a drone,  causing them to lose control. Then the drone could  fall from the sky,  about roof height then shot off towards a car causing a crash.
Life's wasn't meant to be fair.
Well so I've been told. ..

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »
I agree......and me and you will get howled down for saying so, but while it doesn't bother me personally, anyone who rides a pushy on main roads is just a statistic waiting to happen. Ride as careful as you like, the odds are sooner or later you ARE going to get hit.
Most who ride are doing it to keep fit......get a mountain bike and hit the trails...the tree you hit will still hurt, but it's not coming at you at 60 k/ph !!

That's fine for your opinion, but cyclists are here to stay and until the rate payers and tax payer can afford to build a separate cycle way next to every single road cyclists are going to have to use roads. The higher fuel prices go, the more of us you will see too especially in urban areas to get around.

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »
Just had a man in Lycra this morning come tearing through a red arrow at full speed and could not take the corner and hit the side of my car, did no damage to my car as he hit the bull bar but bent his front wheel at nearly 90 degrees.. lucky I was only doing about 40 at the time as the light had only just gone green as I was approaching..

Now when I stopped to offer assistance he started going off at me saying I bent his front wheel calling me all sorts of names starting with "F" & "c", I was going to offer him assistance and throw his bike in the back of my ute and give him a lift but after telling him he was a knob and another motorist letting him know he did the wrong thing not me,(turns out the other motorist was an off duty cop) I just jumped back in my car an drove off..

Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »
Just had a man in Lycra this morning come tearing through a red arrow at full speed and could not take the corner and hit the side of my car, did no damage to my car as he hit the bull bar but bent his front wheel at nearly 90 degrees.. lucky I was only doing about 40 at the time as the light had only just gone green as I was approaching..

Now when I stopped to offer assistance he started going off at me saying I bent his front wheel calling me all sorts of names starting with "F" & "c", I was going to offer him assistance and throw his bike in the back of my ute and give him a lift but after telling him he was a knob and another motorist letting him know he did the wrong thing not me,(turns out the other motorist was an off duty cop) I just jumped back in my car an drove off..

Walked out of work yesterday to an Ambulance dealing with a cyclist. He'd been knocked off his bike by a taxi running a red light. No the cyclist, the taxi.

Cyclist at work 2 years ago cycling on a marked and separated (with raised concrete edges) bike path broke his leg when a pedestrian on their iPhone stepped out in front of him without looking.

The short answer is there's idiots and eff-wits everywhere.  We can all find examples to fit.  Just watch some dash cam compilations on youtube
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »
That's fine for your opinion, but cyclists are here to stay and until the rate payers and tax payer can afford to build a separate cycle way next to every single road cyclists are going to have to use roads. The higher fuel prices go, the more of us you will see too especially in urban areas to get around.

Only my opinion..

I've got no problem with cyclists, but against a car, they will never win and most of the time it's going to hurt.

I'm against taxpayers paying for cycle ways, when the cost for one is for a minority and the cyclist pays nothing towards it .

It's like playing russian roulette out on the roads, and I don't ride because I don't like the odds !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »
Only my opinion..

I've got no problem with cyclists, but against a car, they will never win and most of the time it's going to hurt.

I'm against taxpayers paying for cycle ways, when the cost for one is for a minority and the cyclist pays nothing towards it .

It's like playing russian roulette out on the roads, and I don't ride because I don't like the odds !
The Europeans seem to cope. Its chicken and egg. Build more paths, more people will use them.

Roads are funded by general taxation (not rego), which means that everybody funds the infrastructure; pedestrians, motorists, even cyclists. The the majority of cyclists also own a car, so they are all paying registration anyway.

According to the Australian Cyclists Party, (ACP) State and Territory governments only dedicate 0.6% of their road-related expenditure on cyclist related projects. This means that bike paths and related infrastructure not really a drain on the public purse

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »
They built bike lanes in Sydney....at great cost...and  added to car congestion....and they don't get used....the cyclists still ride on the road ?

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 12:32:47 PM »

Only my opinion..

I reckon most cyclist are tax payers therefore they are contributing......in one form or another.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »

They built bike lanes in Sydney....at great cost...and  added to car congestion....and they don't get used....the cyclists still ride on the road ?

I'm a little confused.......you say bike lanes were built but increased congestion....than you say cyclists still use the road........are the bike lanes not on the roads???

I'm guessing the bikes lanes may not the the most direct route......no different to using your car instead of catching the bus as bus route rarely go where I need to go.

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »

I'll have to disagree. 

A Transport for NSW analysis showed separated bike lanes installed in central Sydney have doubled the number of cyclists on the road but led to fewer total injuries among them. Extract from the report:
"Detailed analysis shows ... the number of reported injuries has been halved on the sections of road where separated cycle ways have been constructed," the analysis says. The documents also show that the separated bike lanes in central Sydney regularly carry as many people as in cars on adjacent traffic lanes. The Kent Street cycleway moves 34 per cent of the people using that road in the morning peak, but takes up 25 per cent of the road space. The College Street cycleway, which the government proposes to rip up, moves 20 per cent of the people on 20 per cent of the road space."

City of Sydney Website: "More and more Sydneysiders are riding bikes for transport, with a 100% increase over the past 3 years. Twice as many are riding bikes for transport than the national average, and some 31,600 City of Sydney residents get on a bike in a typical week (2013 Australian Bicycle Council survey)."

Not sure how they add to congestion: Put four cars in a road lane, and they'll fill its width and stretch for more than 20 metres Cyclists take up far less space. So, bike lanes appear sparsely occupied even when they're carrying more people than an adjacent car lane. The good news? Most bike lanes still have capacity to spare.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:41:28 PM by tk421 »

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »

Walked out of work yesterday to an Ambulance dealing with a cyclist. He'd been knocked off his bike by a taxi running a red light. No the cyclist, the taxi.

Cyclist at work 2 years ago cycling on a marked and separated (with raised concrete edges) bike path broke his leg when a pedestrian on their iPhone stepped out in front of him without looking.

The short answer is there's idiots and eff-wits everywhere.  We can all find examples to fit.  Just watch some dash cam compilations on youtube

Agree......you won't find driver on myswag that hasn't made a mistake while driving.

Offline scblack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:07 PM »
As tk421 says that statement is just plain wrong. Cyclists are taxpayers the same as everyone else, and basically all road riders will also have at least one car, so are paying rego and insurances, same as other motorists.

Are you trying to suggest that as motorists pay rego, they are paying for roads? Again, as th421 says roads are paid from general revenue, so all taxpayers are paying for roads - whether they are driving or not.

Only my opinion..

It's like playing russian roulette out on the roads, and I don't ride because I don't like the odds!
I have been commuting on Sydney roads for 8 years now, and ridden 26,000kms in that time. Never been hit by a car. I have to say, 99.999% of drivers are actually bloody awesome towards cyclists - as long as you are not being an idiot. There is of course the tiny minority of motorists who are simply f*ckwits whenever a cyclist is around.

Rubbish. Cycle lane usage can be quite high at peak times. Maybe you need to be there when people are actually using them. How often are you driving past them?

"added to car congestion" - Not true. The lanes used were mostly parking lanes anyway so that argument has no basis. And guess what? Every cyclist riding, is another vehicle not added to traffic, so that reduces congestion.
VW Amarok Highline 2016
Jayco Swan Outback 2015

A man must believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »

Human error maybe??.........pretty sure cars run red light by accident as well......

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
Cyclists may be tax payers but..........
So is every other person and its about priorities.
Our greater urban sprawl and distances between mean the km of cycleways needed is high.
I would rather have it spent on neccesities like police hospitals and the like.
And on the subject of bike riders what is the problem of them being licenced?
Every form of road legal vehicle has one.
If you are obeying the road rules you have nothing to fear. But we all have seen the not so small percentage of cyclists who dont obey road rules, and at the same time abuse, kick cars stuck in traffic etc because THEIR road rights are perceived to have been violated.
Yes cyclists may have a car also but so what? If i chose to have 1,2 or 3 vehicles I must have a valid licence to drive each, and pay for registration and insurance on each of them.
So  what makes a cyclist so special?
Well besides the fetish for Lycra.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline chillipepperz

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »

Not anti cycling at all, in fact have a significant past history, but the Lycra don't fit anymore...but daily I sit in my office in Frome St in the Adelaide CBD where there is the hideously expensive segregated bike path system in place...and watch some of our two wheel warriors ride the wrong way, text on their phones, abuse pedestrians, run red lights and generally have a good time at everyone else's expense. Only the minority's though and by and large the pathway is a good system.

If only we could reduce the war on SA roads between cars and cyclists I might consider clipping back into the pedals...oh yeah, but of course now in SA we can ride on footpaths legally, at any speed, anywhere...and so started the great pedestrian V cyclist war of 2015.
Alumina Hardtop Camper Build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=22809.0