Author Topic: Who's going to the Rosehill Caravan and Camping Supershow?  (Read 15440 times)

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
Who's going to the Rosehill Caravan and Camping Supershow?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
Heading down on Friday at this stage

Offline weso

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • be good or be good at it !!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 64eh.com
Re: Who's going to the Rosehill Caravan and Camping Supershow?
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »
Ok spent all day at the show in the glorious weather, dropped in and saw jules working the teak about stand like a demon ( fair dinkum I think if he put his mind to it he could sell ice to eskimo's)
Spent far to much cash at the show today and am buggered after being there all day.
64 EH(premier sedan)gone but will never be forgotten, 64VAN(windowless panel van),
2008 Nisan Navara, leisure matters ranger hard floor

Offline robsjack

• Tent User
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
Took SWMBO to the show on Sat. The main aim was to check out the Jayco, Corimal and Goldstream style campers and agree on the best layout for our needs. After looking at them all we have settled on the Jayco Eagle or Swan. The wife likes the extra cupboards in the swan but since there are only two of us either would work. The Dove and Hawk would do for most of our short trips too but I'd like at some stage to do an extended trip and like the idea of having a bit more space inside. The Goldstreams were better finished off but we didn't like the layouts as much as the Jayco's.
They had some good show specials too. An on road 2013 Eagle flies, bag annex with battery and solar setup for just over for just over $23K. The swan was only a couple grand dearer. Just with I had the spare cash. It makes some of the second hand prices that people are advertising seem a bit excessive.

rob

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »
It has been fantastic to meet those of you who've called, thanks. I hope to get a few minutes tomorrow to have a look around myself.

I'm after some new chairs, a mat for the annex and maybe a few other bits n pieces.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline rodsswag

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Always dreamed it, now living it!!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
The oztrail mates are great.
And they are just a bit bigger than the annex.
Perfect fit.
 :cheers:

Rod.......
Swag
Coramal Caravan

Offline Jaysea

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • To go where I have never been
    • My 4WD Site
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
Went to the show yesterday. Kept the wallet closed but interesting seeing everything in the one spot. Did come away with some ideas for future mods.

Also had a look through the KK black caviar in the flesh.  I know each to his own but that is one ugly horse float!

Jaysea

2012 Prado GXL + Adventure Camper

My build: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=17776.0
My photos & travels: www.lensontheroad.com
My facebook: http://tinyurl.com/k2haolg

Offline Malcur

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »
I've been called into work today (bummer >:(). So I guess I'll now be going to the show on Thursday.

Mal

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
Happy bday Jules, called in to say hi today to find out they gave you the day off cause it was your bday hope you had a good one

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
I went today as well. Other than an ice cream and a drink there wasn't really anything there that interested. Had a free ticket given to me as well, so it turned out to be a cheap day out. Had a look at Julian's camper - very nice, had a quick chat with its owner and a few other people out there that I knew, then headed home.
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »
Happy bday Jules, called in to say hi today to find out they gave you the day off cause it was your bday hope you had a good one
Sorry to have missed you. I was there and always keen to work, instead I had a walk around.

To be honest, I found it a bit disappointing; nothing jumped out at me.
Julian

Offline Track Norris

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »
Sorry to have missed you. I was there and always keen to work, instead I had a walk around.

To be honest, I found it a bit disappointing; nothing jumped out at me.

Might that be because you own one of the best campers going, not much else compares! ( bias alert here) When Kym and I walked around the Perth show last month we felt the same, only thing we looked at was how much more camper we got for the same $. We did manage to get some comfy camp chairs though.
Oh and happy birthday Jules.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:11:16 AM by Track Norris »
Trackabout Safari Extenda, now with self drilling masonry pegs.

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
The only thing that jumped out at us was the 15ft North Coast camper trailer/ caravan as this is the way we want to go in few years time but 80K is a Shitload of coin, and I bought Boiling Billy's Camping guide to Australia new out this year.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
I wanted se new chairs and a ground cover for the annex. So far the only thing I've bought at the show is over priced coffee.

I love the Bidji Barby though, so Tony might do me a deal.
Julian

Offline Malcur

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
We went to the show on Thursday. Went to the Trackabout stand and said hello to Jules. That was the only CT stand we visited. No point in looking when we are happy with what we have and cannot afford anything else anyway!!

We bought an Evakool IB40 fridge. Saved $150 on the regular price, so pretty happy with that. Also bought a Freshield vacuum sealer, so we will have some playing to do this week before we go away. Also a Crocbin, which I had been thinking about for a while. Ran out of money, so will have to save now for a while to pay off the credit card when the bill arrives  ???

Mal

Offline cyberhuey

• Swag User
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
I went yesterday, also met jules on my way past trackabout stand  ;D

Ended up buying an Engel upright ST90F-B for $1199 inc frame mounting kit (free) to replace my RM2350 although i went to see dometic/waeco stand about cr-1110 model the the guy was busy talking me out of spending $1300 on the waeco as i dont like 3 way fridges for various reasons, also not to mention i found him stand offish couldnt believe it >_< , so off to engel stand i went.....

Only issue is now i've slapped my mulah on the Engel and its ordered (it would be nice if sellers there actually had stock at the show) ive realised that the Engel is 14mm taller than the dometic RM2350 fridge, has anyone swapped one out before? Im going to go measure the bench height today, although the fridge itself is 740mm, with the feet and track for mounting its 780mm height-max on the brochure on engels website, not sure if the feet are adjustible?

I cant locate an installation manual on engels website..... Hopefully engel includes an installation manual in the box....
2017 Ford Ranger

2017 River Eliminator Off Road Caravan

Sold: 2008 Jayco Penguin Outback

shutterabuse

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2013, 07:29:36 AM »
Haven't been to Rosehill in about 5 years. So I thought I might take the family out for a look.

Even though I managed to spend $700+ on stuff I "need", I was a bit disappointed. Where are all the 4wd club stands? Where's the test track gone? Did I just miss it? TLCC were there, but they were all I could see.

Richard.

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 08:20:23 AM »
Haven't been to Rosehill in about 5 years. So I thought I might take the family out for a look.

Even though I managed to spend $700+ on stuff I "need", I was a bit disappointed. Where are all the 4wd club stands? Where's the test track gone? Did I just miss it? TLCC were there, but they were all I could see.

Richard.

That is what the Eastern Creek show caters for now.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
That is what the Eastern Creek show caters for now.

I feel that the Easrern Creek show is becoming the more relevant show for 4wders. I have a sense that Rosehill is more and more focussed on caravans and RV accessories. Whilst there is a great range of camper trailers on display, the nature of the location means that none have great sites.
Julian

Offline ScottH

• Swag User
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
I very much got the impression that Rosehill is trying to cater to the grey nomads and caravan crowds than camper trailers and even tent/swag campers.

Whilst I was very grateful for the opportunity to see Trackabout and a couple of other camper trailer manufacturers in order to make my final decision about my trailer top, the rest of the show was disappointing - Oztent had no stock of the Goanna chairs, there were very few decent solar offerings, and the reps from the various travel groups (Big4, Travel QLD, etc) were very light on actual information unless you were asking about caravan sites.