Author Topic: Things To Do: Peterborough Train Museum  (Read 2428 times)

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Things To Do: Peterborough Train Museum
« on: July 10, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »
Just 86km from Wilmington is the town of Peterborough where you will find the famous train museum.

Steamtown Heritage Rail Centre is a Museum with a difference! The heritage listed Roundhouse with its 23 bays, a 3 gauge turntable (only one left in the world) and parts of the original workshops now display a wide range of historic rolling stock, i.e. the 1923 1st Class Lounge car from the Transcontinental, were you can easily visualise how passengers were entertained; enjoying themselves with a piano on board, sipping a drink and relaxing in the comfortable red leather armchairs, the famous S.A. built T-class steam locomotive T199 together with the W and PM class steam locos on display, carriages from the Old Ghan, the unique Motor Inspection Car (MIC) Morris 25 or the Baby Health Car which visited outback and rural South Australia to give medical advice and help to mothers and their children living on remote farms and settlements.

Steamtown Heritage Rail Centre conducts daily continuously guided tours of 1.5 hours from 9.00am with the last tour leaving at 3.00pm.

Guided tour prices: $15.00 adult; Concession holders $10.00, Children (8-15 years of age) $ 5.00 Family pass $30 (2 adults and 2 children).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:35:00 PM by JKohn »

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Things To Do: Peterborough Train Museum
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:21 PM »
Not a bad place... some very 'out there' sorta things...

Just dont leave your wallet there and drive to Wilpena Pound and fuel up then realise your wallet isnt in your pocket, they dont like it much.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home