Author Topic: G'day! Bart here from Joolca - Portable LPG Water heaters.  (Read 253989 times)

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: G'day! Bart here from Joolca - Portable LPG Water heaters.
« Reply #525 on: June 05, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
Hello Bart
May I have a price for a unit posted to 4300
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Jwb

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »
Hello Bart
May I have a price for a unit posted to 4300
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just PM'd!
Instant & never ending hot water. Anywhere.

www.joolca.com.au

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #527 on: June 29, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »
Hey Bart

I want to do away with the batteries in a fixed install by using a step down transformer in the battery box. I’d still like to be able to use batteries if I had to, could I buy a battery box from you?
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #528 on: July 03, 2019, 10:36:24 AM »
Hey Bart

I want to do away with the batteries in a fixed install by using a step down transformer in the battery box. I’d still like to be able to use batteries if I had to, could I buy a battery box from you?

Yeah sure! I'll PM you to work something out  :angel:

www.joolca.com.au

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #529 on: July 03, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »
Yeah sure! I'll PM you to work something out  :angel:

Awesome!
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline SnakeDoctor

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Hey Bart, looking at taking the plunge on a double ensuite tent, can I get a price posted to 2153?

Thanks
Martin

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #531 on: August 07, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »
Hey Bart, looking at taking the plunge on a double ensuite tent, can I get a price posted to 2153?

Thanks
Martin

PM'd you!

www.joolca.com.au

Offline wada4wd

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2019, 10:57:24 PM »
We are looking for a shower for the Drifta Shower Ensuite/Change room: https://www.drifta.com.au/product/drifta-shower-ensuite/

Have seen Joolca and Smarttek. Not a lot of price between them and the only thing I've seen is the Joolca needs less wind.

Is there anything we should be looking between them before we decide which ones to buy?

We will be around AU from Tassie up to the top of the Qld and WA.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2019, 04:54:23 PM »
We are looking for a shower for the Drifta Shower Ensuite/Change room: https://www.drifta.com.au/product/drifta-shower-ensuite/

Have seen Joolca and Smarttek. Not a lot of price between them and the only thing I've seen is the Joolca needs less wind.

Is there anything we should be looking between them before we decide which ones to buy?

Hey wada4wd, what's up?

In the interest of being open and transparent - I think both units will give you a nice hot shower. I think they're doing some nice things for the hot water market. Also, we're both on the fringe of max allowable gas usage for Aussie compliance - so you can expect similar temperatures at the same flow rates 

FYI - Drifta also offer some of our gear. You could speak with them to get some of their feedback based on their customer's experiences after trips. If anything went wrong or what they liked best

From my experience with Joolca - and this is what I now consider buying anything - warranty. When the unit works, you've got a hot shower. Easy. When you're mid trip on the other side of the country and something pops up - what happens then?

You could call up the support lines and have a chat and see what the process is for warranty while travelling. What is most convenient

And last but not least - find a local store to have a touch of one

Anyway, best of luck with the choice. I think you'll be happy with either! PS. Yes I like our stuff, but most important if what's most convenient for you. And not who gets your money. That's what I think

www.joolca.com.au

Offline ronmac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just love my wild turkey
« Reply #534 on: September 19, 2019, 07:42:17 AM »

I have the ensuite also and went the way with Joolca set up,I bought the works and jerks minus the shower tent but will eventually get one as you can't sh..t in the shower ensuite with your mate staring at ya!. Have annoyed the boys a few times about a few odds and ends here and there and the response was immediate and not a drama. Service was brilliant no questions asked I know where I'd go again. cheers Ron.
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.

Well, strip my gears and call me Shiftless.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #535 on: October 16, 2019, 01:55:28 PM »
Have been contemplating the double ensuite tent and noticed my local RTM has not the old and the new version, what is the differences apart from the roof and colour?

Also is there a Myswag discount if purchased direct?

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #536 on: October 16, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »
Have been contemplating the double ensuite tent and noticed my local RTM has not the old and the new version, what is the differences apart from the roof and colour?

Also is there a Myswag discount if purchased direct?

So you're pretty much spot on. The old style has the removable fly and is a different colour. The awning kit accessory will fit both, but I think it looks better with the new style simply because of the colour

I still use my older blue style :)

Sure, I'm happy to help out a fellow Myswagger. Send me a PM when you're ready and I'll do what I can  :cheers:

www.joolca.com.au

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #537 on: October 16, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »
So you're pretty much spot on. The old style has the removable fly and is a different colour. The awning kit accessory will fit both, but I think it looks better with the new style simply because of the colour

I still use my older blue style :)

Sure, I'm happy to help out a fellow Myswagger. Send me a PM when you're ready and I'll do what I can  :cheers:

Thanks for the reply, a couple of more questions for you.

Can you leave the fly on the blue one when packing it up, and
Does the blue one stay a bit cooler given a) lighter colour, b) the fly shading the top of the tent and c) greater roof ventilation area? or are they pretty much the same.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #538 on: October 17, 2019, 02:17:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply, a couple of more questions for you.

Can you leave the fly on the blue one when packing it up, and
Does the blue one stay a bit cooler given a) lighter colour, b) the fly shading the top of the tent and c) greater roof ventilation area? or are they pretty much the same.

My pleasure :)

Check out this video: https://www.facebook.com/joolcaco/videos/744371349107124/

So at roughly 15 seconds in when the tent is 'mid height' this is when I put on my fly and when I take it off (to pack it away). The fly isn't secured to each leg where packing all the legs in means the fly stays attached and tucks away nicely, it just goes over the top (but is secured to each corner). I take the fly off and fold it up and throw it in the bag with the tent. The bag is big enough so you don't struggle putting stuff away

Hrm... I have never tried both side by side to compare for coolness, although this is an interesting point. When I shower and it is HOT out, I just run the water through the unit without the gas/ batteries connected. Or, depending on my set up, I will just run the pump and hosing from a jerry can. That way there is no hot water and I'm cool as a cucumber when I wash up. When I go to use the dunny, however, it does get a little warm. I find the best breeze comes from the windows so I unzip them and do what I gotta do

Hopefully that helps a little with your questions haha - I think I just rambled on

www.joolca.com.au

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #539 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »
My pleasure :)

Check out this video: https://www.facebook.com/joolcaco/videos/744371349107124/

So at roughly 15 seconds in when the tent is 'mid height' this is when I put on my fly and when I take it off (to pack it away). The fly isn't secured to each leg where packing all the legs in means the fly stays attached and tucks away nicely, it just goes over the top (but is secured to each corner). I take the fly off and fold it up and throw it in the bag with the tent. The bag is big enough so you don't struggle putting stuff away

Hrm... I have never tried both side by side to compare for coolness, although this is an interesting point. When I shower and it is HOT out, I just run the water through the unit without the gas/ batteries connected. Or, depending on my set up, I will just run the pump and hosing from a jerry can. That way there is no hot water and I'm cool as a cucumber when I wash up. When I go to use the dunny, however, it does get a little warm. I find the best breeze comes from the windows so I unzip them and do what I gotta do

Hopefully that helps a little with your questions haha - I think I just rambled on
Certainly helps, although discovered the reason our Red Track gas water heater had stopped working was some fried components on the circuit board as opposed to something simple, so funds went towards a new HOTTAP for the weekend away instead. The Joolca double Ensuite tent will have to wait a little while longer and I suspect it will only be the new ones available then so the choice will likely be made for me.
Thanks again.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #540 on: October 25, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
Certainly helps, although discovered the reason our Red Track gas water heater had stopped working was some fried components on the circuit board as opposed to something simple, so funds went towards a new HOTTAP for the weekend away instead. The Joolca double Ensuite tent will have to wait a little while longer and I suspect it will only be the new ones available then so the choice will likely be made for me.
Thanks again.

Ah.. that sucks. You've got two years warranty with the HOTTAP so if something like that happens just get in touch with our support. TBH I would have thought you'd at least receive a spare part to tinker fix yourself? It is what it is though. Always happy to help :)

www.joolca.com.au

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #541 on: October 25, 2019, 12:38:31 PM »
Ah.. that sucks. You've got two years warranty with the HOTTAP so if something like that happens just get in touch with our support. TBH I would have thought you'd at least receive a spare part to tinker fix yourself? It is what it is though. Always happy to help :)

Thought about chasing a new control board, decided it was just easier to replace the whole lot as I already have to many projects/things to fix as it is, it also would have meant no hot water for that trip, and you know how the saying goes about a happy wife.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #542 on: October 25, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
Thought about chasing a new control board, decided it was just easier to replace the whole lot as I already have to many projects/things to fix as it is, it also would have meant no hot water for that trip, and you know how the saying goes about a happy wife.

I know exactly how it goes - so much to do, never enough time... And yes, I see the predicament! Clever move with the hot water solve!

www.joolca.com.au

Offline Wazza999

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #543 on: June 03, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
Hi Bart,
Could I have the price of a unit, water pump and carry bag/case supplied to Weston ACT 2611.
Thanks
Warren
NT Pajero/2007 Goldstream Crown

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2020, 12:31:04 AM »
Bart - I had a guy by the name of Garry yesterday on Camping Places Queensland f/book site say he's been waiting a month for his order when I commented to the post asking for camping shower options and I mentioned Joolca as something to check out.  PM if you want more info.
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??

Offline KevL

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2020, 06:45:00 PM »
Bart,

Sent a PM  earlier re the double en-suite tent     

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the MIA!

Hi Bart,
Could I have the price of a unit, water pump and carry bag/case supplied to Weston ACT 2611.
Thanks
Warren

Will send you a pm now!

Bart - I had a guy by the name of Garry yesterday on Camping Places Queensland f/book site say he's been waiting a month for his order when I commented to the post asking for camping shower options and I mentioned Joolca as something to check out.  PM if you want more info.

Hmm, this may be for a presale on our Nomad kit. We hit a bit of turbulence with the impacts of the virus and we're still trying to get back to normal. The Nomad is our best seller and we're doing our best to get stock in, but so far we have sold out of stock before each shipment has arrived

If it's not for the Nomad then we deff got a pickle. I know Aussie Post has experienced delays, but a month is way too long. I'll PM you now for some more info  :cheers:

Bart,

Sent a PM  earlier re the double en-suite tent     

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have a look now :)

www.joolca.com.au

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #547 on: December 12, 2020, 03:11:37 PM »
Hi Bart
Just wondering if the quick release mounting bracket fits the old system or only the new one?
Thanks Lloyd

Sent from me

Offline ronmac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just love my wild turkey
« Reply #548 on: December 13, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »
Hi Bart
Just wondering if the quick release mounting bracket fits the old system or only the new one?
Thanks Lloyd

Sent from me

I asked the same question, Although the bracket being the same size, their are no slots in the old system to suit. cheers Ron. "Big Disappointment"
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.

Well, strip my gears and call me Shiftless.

Offline manchu

• Tent User
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2021, 07:14:09 AM »
Hi Bart, 

I'm in the market for some hot water and the V2 nomad has made it to the top of my wish list.   It seems to be a truly great bit of kit.       

The double ensuite doesn't look too shabby either so that's on the list too. 

PM sent with a few Q's.  I look forward to hearing from you.

cheers
Chris