Author Topic: new lifestyle ICONN camper  (Read 13595 times)

Offline simmo_33

• Learning the Ropes
Re: new lifestyle ICONN camper
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »
Paceman we have one of the last Australian built Breakaways. Like you we have a NT Pajero. One thing that you really need to take into consideration with the Breakaway or ICCON is this ball weight. When fully loaded we are bordering on max towball weight.
Our trailer has the old option of the rear kitchen, we preferred it to the new side kitchen arrangement as it gives you heaps of living space to the side.
Also my experience with Lifestyles after sales service seems to be very different from what most people seem to experience.
We are in Mackay as well. We had some warranty issues that need resolving, let's just say like a lot of things in Queensland, people in the SE corner of the state seems to think the state stops at the North Coast. Very long story but in the end of was easier & cheaper to fix the problem myself.
Having said that we love our Breakaway and have done some great tips with it.
If you want more details or have a look over our camper, you are welcome. Just PM me.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 10:48:49 AM »
Paceman we have one of the last Australian built Breakaways. Like you we have a NT Pajero. One thing that you really need to take into consideration with the Breakaway or ICCON is this ball weight. When fully loaded we are bordering on max towball weight.
Our trailer has the old option of the rear kitchen, we preferred it to the new side kitchen arrangement as it gives you heaps of living space to the side.
Also my experience with Lifestyles after sales service seems to be very different from what most people seem to experience.
We are in Mackay as well. We had some warranty issues that need resolving, let's just say like a lot of things in Queensland, people in the SE corner of the state seems to think the state stops at the North Coast. Very long story but in the end of was easier & cheaper to fix the problem myself.
Having said that we love our Breakaway and have done some great tips with it.
If you want more details or have a look over our camper, you are welcome. Just PM me.

thanks for your information and offer, mate... much appreciated.

i too liked the rear kitchen option... might be able to find one second hand...

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »
The door is the only thing I don't like.  Will get around to making it full height sooner or later.
All bodywork is aluminium.....good for doing additions....no worry about rust.

Yep, seems like the one really obvious thing they should upgrade from my perspective, but still the same with this new model.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »
Not being on Facebook myself, just wondering if they’ve released thier dual axle van yet?...don’t see it on thier website, but it still shows the van we signed up to but they say would no longer make.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
Not being on Facebook myself, just wondering if they’ve released thier dual axle van yet?...don’t see it on thier website, but it still shows the van we signed up to but they say would no longer make.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2287910997926263&set=gm.2133875390014732&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Someone does have a dual axle Lifestyle Campervan.  Looks okay.  Not sure the link will lt you view it without a Facebook Account and just found out my Photo host sight has cancelled my subscription.  Not happy

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:05:54 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
hope this works
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »
As far as I know they have built atleast 2 dual axle vans already...was wondering if they’ve officially released the model yet with pricing?
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
We recently sold our KK and are looking for something simple to set up and accomodate the 4 of us for short stays. I am happy to throw the kids outside in tents or swags for longer stays but want something we can all sleep in on occasions for overnighters to keep it simple. I really liked the look of the breakaway ultra but my eldest is nearly 15 and I don’t think she will cope with the 1600mm long bunks. The ICONN has bunks that are 1800mm long and just might do, but I like the storage and the look of the Ultra better. The door looks like a right pain in the ass to be honest and in most of the photos I have seen on the Lifestyle FB group everyone seems to just leave it open. Does it have a fly screen even as its hard to tell from any of the pics on the web. Also the kitchen looks better in the breakaway with a bit more bench space. I am assuming the wrap around awning is still an option on the ICONN otherwise space would be tight under the awning. They are a neat looking unit for the price, 

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 07:50:41 PM »
As far as I know they have built atleast 2 dual axle vans already...was wondering if they’ve officially released the model yet with pricing?

Haven't seen anything officially but these people seem to be happy with theirs and like you say their website still has the single axle
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 09:20:38 PM »
We recently sold our KK and are looking for something simple to set up and accomodate the 4 of us for short stays. I am happy to throw the kids outside in tents or swags for longer stays but want something we can all sleep in on occasions for overnighters to keep it simple. I really liked the look of the breakaway ultra but my eldest is nearly 15 and I don’t think she will cope with the 1600mm long bunks. The ICONN has bunks that are 1800mm long and just might do, but I like the storage and the look of the Ultra better. The door looks like a right pain in the ass to be honest and in most of the photos I have seen on the Lifestyle FB group everyone seems to just leave it open. Does it have a fly screen even as its hard to tell from any of the pics on the web. Also the kitchen looks better in the breakaway with a bit more bench space. I am assuming the wrap around awning is still an option on the ICONN otherwise space would be tight under the awning. They are a neat looking unit for the price,
We have a new Ultra and yes, the door is a pain, but we are getting used to it, but also looking at making a full door addition. The Ultra has more storage space and the kitchen is a bigger size, but the Iconn looks nicer !
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2019, 07:34:42 AM »
We have a new Ultra and yes, the door is a pain, but we are getting used to it, but also looking at making a full door addition. The Ultra has more storage space and the kitchen is a bigger size, but the Iconn looks nicer !

Cheers mate. We are a bit concerned with the compact nature of it but will only be sleeping in it I guess, the under awning space looks very small also for 4 people so I am hoping that the wrap around one is an option. The KK would be a bigger size inside but was a pain in the ass having to set up/pack up beds on the floor for overnighters. Do you think there is room to mount a Webasto hot water/heater system in the unit successfully? I will miss the KK kitchen and the one in the Ultra does look better than the ICONN and with a Baby Q you would get by I guess.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »
I personally wouldn't have an Ultra if I had kids......but I said the same when I had a KK. I don't like the idea of having the fridge pulled out outside to enable both bunks to be used. I have the  upright Bushman fridge so that's not a problem for me !
Awning area could be a bit tight for 4 people,  but any awning is small when it's flogging down.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »
I personally wouldn't have an Ultra if I had kids......but I said the same when I had a KK. I don't like the idea of having the fridge pulled out outside to enable both bunks to be used. I have the  upright Bushman fridge so that's not a problem for me !
Awning area could be a bit tight for 4 people,  but any awning is small when it's flogging down.

interesting, because i see the ultra as perfect for us, with two boys...

great for one nighters (don't have to set up beds, just pop the roof and good night)... awning area can be supplemented with a gazebo (which we do now) and the fridge slide can be removed, if you want...

not many other options at that price point, with those features (bunks, outside kitchen, etc)...

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2019, 10:27:34 AM »
thanks for your information and offer, mate... much appreciated.

i too liked the rear kitchen option... might be able to find one second hand...

Drifta do a full pull out rear kitchen. I priced one when we were looking at the LCT. By the time we ticked a few options we ended up in an entirely different market than where we started.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
not many other options at that price point, with those features (bunks, outside kitchen, etc)...

The Modcon C3 would be similar?

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »
The Modcon C3 would be similar?

It is more expensive and heavier,  but other than that, not many options...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2019, 02:39:23 PM »
interesting, because i see the ultra as perfect for us, with two boys...

great for one nighters (don't have to set up beds, just pop the roof and good night)... awning area can be supplemented with a gazebo (which we do now) and the fridge slide can be removed, if you want...

Been 25yrs since we did camping with kids......only a vague memory now !!
Awning area is big enough, IF you don't setup a table or other "stuff". We have got used to eating off our laps (stable table ) so no table needed, but with kids there is way more crap needed !  ;D
We have never used a ground cover under the awning, but we are lazy campers .  :laugh:
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 05:17:54 PM »
Had a look at one of these today at Rosehill. Wife really liked it. Finishes were a bit average not sure if it’s because they were just display models and been trampled in and out but looked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline b0son

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2019, 09:37:14 PM »
We were all set on a Breakaway, but the bunk option has been discontinued for the time being according the Lifestyle staff at the Sydney show today. The Iconn wasn't a big jump in price, so we've ordered one for a late-Nov delivery. Personally, I prefer the look of the Breakaway and its storage layout, but the Iconn is a more robust design and supposedly a slightly larger bunk than what was offered in the Breakaway. Came with the obligatory show special price as well as some options thrown in (the offroad outback package which includes an additional kitchen shelf, second battery, full annex and front pad). My dad was trying hard to get us to go halves with him on an Avan caravan, but I think seeing the design of the Iconn, he finally understands we wanted/needed from a camper. Looking forward to taking delivery...

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2019, 08:39:15 AM »
We were all set on a Breakaway, but the bunk option has been discontinued for the time being according the Lifestyle staff at the Sydney show today. The Iconn wasn't a big jump in price, so we've ordered one for a late-Nov delivery. Personally, I prefer the look of the Breakaway and its storage layout, but the Iconn is a more robust design and supposedly a slightly larger bunk than what was offered in the Breakaway. Came with the obligatory show special price as well as some options thrown in (the offroad outback package which includes an additional kitchen shelf, second battery, full annex and front pad). My dad was trying hard to get us to go halves with him on an Avan caravan, but I think seeing the design of the Iconn, he finally understands we wanted/needed from a camper. Looking forward to taking delivery...

They are both essentially the same thing, but the Iconn is wider,( only approx 50mm in it ) hence the bigger bunk.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra