Author Topic: Swan outback 2013  (Read 19516 times)

Offline Tricky Ricky

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Swan outback 2013
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
Hi to swan outback 2013 we have just ordered our outback flamingo just asking what you think of outside speakers. Do you use them ? Have put on our's as we think we spend a lot of time in annex Rick

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2013, 08:58:07 PM »
Hi to swan outback 2013 we have just ordered our outback flamingo just asking what you think of outside speakers. Do you use them ? Have put on our's as we think we spend a lot of time in annex Rick

We had the outside speakers on our Jayco Hawk OB and can definitely recommend them.
We find that when we camp, most of the time we are outside under the awning or a little further out next the camp fire. A bit of background music or the cricket /footy going are a great way of relaxing when camping.
 :cheers:

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
Swan outback 2013
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »

I just bought a Van and didn't put the stereo or speakers in, I just bought a Bluetooth speaker and will take that inside or out depending on what we are doing.
I usually just listen to music on the phone so that works for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »
Yep I also just stream music through a Bluetooth device. Simple and portable

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Steinzy

• Tent User
  • 1980's Jayco Dove
    • LJ Hooker Mermaid Beach
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »
We use a the Bose rechargeable iPod dock. Find that works great and it's portable
Steinzy

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2013, 09:48:22 AM »
G'day sorry for the late reply, the outdoor speakers are great,the only thing I find strange is the way Jayco 'switch'them out of the factory as you can only have either both inside and out speakers running together or just inside ? In our situation we like having the outdoor speakers on once the kids go to bed .very easy to rectify by a quick re-wire or just turn the fader setting on the deck as far as you can to the left also works, but yeah speakers are good
Also the upgrade to the Bluetooth stereo is highly recommended to be able to play and change music from your I-pod/phone without getting up is very handy
Got the Jayco up in shark bay as we speak for our first full week away in it(done plenty of weekenders)
 and the family is loving it

Offline BrindiCruiser

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »
Love the UE mobile boombox as a Bluetooth speaker. Cost 78 from office works a few weeks ago.
2010 Kia Sorrento, 2013 Outback Swan

Offline KevinNugent

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »
Hey guys,  the roof racks that Jayco fit to the Swan - how many cross bars do they have and what sort of weight are they rated for?  We've got a few kayaks, and this would be a critical factor!
Jeep Cherokee Jet Limited
Jayco Swan 2013

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
Hey guys,  the roof racks that Jayco fit to the Swan - how many cross bars do they have and what sort of weight are they rated for?  We've got a few kayaks, and this would be a critical factor!

3 cross bars and 100kg is the weight rating. There is a fourth round bar at the back that I believe is just a spacer bar for the side rails.  It sits lower than the other three cross bars and isn't clamped to the side rails like the others, but could be used if absolutely necessary and some precautions are taken.

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline KevinNugent

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »
That sounds ideal, Dave.  Thank you!   Oh, whilst I have you :).  Today we talked to to the Jayco dealer at the Caravan and Camping Sale here in Brisbane.   They were offering free 120w solar during the show.  Are these panels attached to the roof?  I'm also assuming there'd be a standard size battery for power storage too included.  Or am I silly to assume?
Jayco Swan 2013

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
That sounds ideal, Dave.  Thank you!   Oh, whilst I have you :).  Today we talked to to the Jayco dealer at the Caravan and Camping Sale here in Brisbane.   They were offering free 120w solar during the show.  Are these panels attached to the roof?  I'm also assuming there'd be a standard size battery for power storage too included.  Or am I silly to assume?

Not 100% sure, but the solar is a roof mounted arrangement I believe.  Our Swan came with a battery and I'd think you would be right to assume this is the case, but I would suggest as always to assume nothing and ask your dealer.

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
You can choose roof mounted or free standing, if you choose free standing they still wire a provision on the roof incase you choose to mount them later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KevinNugent

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »
Did some more research.  They are mounted to the roof and come with a 100ah battery.  We pick her up next Tuesday the 19th.  For my wife's birthday.  :)
Jayco Swan 2013

Offline swanoutback2013

• Swag User
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2013, 12:28:16 AM »
Nice mate enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tricky Ricky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
Hi guys. Tricky Ricky here we picked up our flamingo outback last Tuesday from Brisbane camperland. All good so far  I am trying add some pics not if this is working ? We put on all add on's bar hot water ! 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:08:42 PM by Tricky Ricky »

Offline Tricky Ricky

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2013, 11:07:20 PM »
That was hot ! Water we think we may go with cube lot cheaper than Jayco factory fit. The pics did work I used ultra deck clear over bed ends top & bottom to help resist moisture. We also added extra 82 lt water tank and did not think to remove front jerry can holder as you can only use this with water it is a bit useless. As you all ready have 164 lt of water on board would be better with extra gas bottle holders. This just some thing for other guys looking to buy to think about ? Also we are towing with LX Holden Captiva 08 diesel all good coming back from Bisbane until we hit the Toowoomba range temp went to red  >:D coming up and lost power. We made it up and temp went back down but not good at all. When looking on the net and asking salesman if our car would tow ok answer was yes no problem. But now add over heating to the net and this is  a common problem with this car. Any feed back on this would like to hear ?   :cheers: