Author Topic: Greetings from Perth  (Read 13794 times)

Offline Hogie

• Swag User
Re: Greetings from Perth
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »
Hey Hogie- can't see the pics mate- how'd you find this years show?
Steve

Doh! Pics should be working now...

The show was pretty much the same as previous years, we usually go on the Friday to avoid the weekend crowds. There were still quite a few people there though.

Spent most of the time looking for how we can further enhance our soon to be new addition.

Also spent a lot of time going back to the Camprite stand to pretend that the one on display was mine  ;D

2010 ST Patrol
2012 Camprite TX6

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:43 PM »
Nice trailer, different WITH a kitchen this this.
Which color are you getting? Orange?
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Hogie

• Swag User
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Nice trailer, different WITH a kitchen this this.
Which color are you getting? Orange?

No, not orange. Have gone for graphite which is the colour of the trailer in the pics.
2010 ST Patrol
2012 Camprite TX6

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
Hi Hogie and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline GG

• Tent User
  • Don't know Karate...but I DO know crazy!
Greetings from Perth
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum Hogie. Enjoy your new CT. She's drewlworthy alright!
Cheers! GG
2008 Toyota 'Freddy' Kluger & 1980's 'Gypsy' Jayco Dove Camper

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »
I wonder if camprite will offer a retro fit of the new front box onto the "old" TL8s ;D

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
I wonder if camprite will offer a retro fit of the new front box onto the "old" TL8s ;D
It looks to be on a longer drawbar, could get pretty heavy up front if you loaded those boxes right up.  I know our TL8 is reasonably heavy just with the old box full and a battery on the drawbar without two 4kg gas bottles like the TL8s.
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »

If you don't ask them you know for sure they don't, but if you ask they might say yes.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Rob n Tab

• Swag User
  • (ex Kimberley Explorer)
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »
Hmm can't fit the kids Boogieboards or the Card table in that box. Not really an upgrade choice for us. Interested on how the batteries are set up. Looks like there is still the front box between the gas bottles?

Oh and welcome to the forum Hogie :)
Rob n Tab

---------
06 Prado with 06 Camprite TL8s... 3 kids, 2 adults and plenty of beer. (And blankets. Brrr)

Offline Captain

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • My Cruiser & AORC Quantum
    • My online pics
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:41 PM »
Shane - I was talking to Mat at the Perth show and the TX6 has a different wheelbase, the wheels have been moved forward slightly to balance the bigger front box. Plus the batteries are now under the camper near the axle, not on the drawbar. This also moves weight off the drawbar. Point being, I don't think you could retrofit the bigger box  :-[

Hogie - you may want to consider the hotplates and sink for the kitchen. I never had it on my Camprite and at the time prefered it that way. But after having a "built-in" sink and hotplates with my Quantum, I wouldn't be without it now. I thought I would lose benchspace on the Camprite with the sink/hotplates and so was happy with the portable stuff. But what happens is you end up losing the sidetable to the gas stove and plastic sink, so either way the space is gone - plus you then don't have the convinience of the inbuilt kitchen and its ease of use. Anyway, just thought I would mention my experience and how I would do things differently second time around.

Cheers

Captain
My GXL TTD 200 Landcruiser and AORC Quantum loaded with Kayaks and bikes (my Camprite now sold )

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
Just looking at some photos and it looks like they've moved the axle foward a good 8 inches or so.

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »
Just looking at some photos and it looks like they've moved the axle foward a good 8 inches or so.

I don't like it, I think I would still opt for a TL8s if I was buying a new one as one of the draw cards for me was that the Camprite did not have the extended length, particularly in the front that most of the high end railers such as Kimberley's have.  I like the relatively decent ramp over angle of the camprite.  We do not have the fridge in the camper as there is a 60 litre combi in the cruiser and have found that even with carting the masses of gear needed for a 1 and 4 year old we have plenty of space without the extra box.

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
I tend to agree a bit there with you Mike. I'd like the extra space of a bigger front box but not at the expense of a longer drawbar. I also have our fridge in the car, 60L engel and on the longer trips ours also has a two zone on the top so definatly no room in the camper for it

Offline Hogie

• Swag User
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.

It looks to be on a longer drawbar, could get pretty heavy up front if you loaded those boxes right up.  I know our TL8 is reasonably heavy just with the old box full and a battery on the drawbar without two 4kg gas bottles like the TL8s.
The draw bar weight of the TX6 unloaded is very light (you can tilt the trailer up on its axel easily) and we plan on storing mainly bulky semi-light items up front so it should be fine. With the batteries being relocated to the middle of the floor and water tanks loaded the balance should still be pretty good. The box at the front between the gas bottles is basically just going to be a tool/store box.

Hogie - you may want to consider the hotplates and sink for the kitchen. I never had it on my Camprite and at the time prefered it that way. But after having a "built-in" sink and hotplates with my Quantum, I wouldn't be without it now. I thought I would lose benchspace on the Camprite with the sink/hotplates and so was happy with the portable stuff. But what happens is you end up losing the sidetable to the gas stove and plastic sink, so either way the space is gone - plus you then don't have the convinience of the inbuilt kitchen and its ease of use. Anyway, just thought I would mention my experience and how I would do things differently second time around.
We have gone for the kitchen with the three burners but minus the sink. We thought about the sink but our personal preference is that we will just continue to use the sink/bucket we use now, only time will tell if in hindsight it was the right decision.

2010 ST Patrol
2012 Camprite TX6

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:54 AM »
Have to try and get some crossover on the first morning at Mandalay for us to have a sticky beak and tyre kick, assuming you will have it then?

Offline Hogie

• Swag User
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 11:34:57 PM »
Have to try and get some crossover on the first morning at Mandalay for us to have a sticky beak and tyre kick, assuming you will have it then?

Fingers crossed we will have it by then. Matt reckons we are on for a December delivery.

As for a crossover tyre kick... If you are still there when we rock up you are more than welcome to give it the once over.
2010 ST Patrol
2012 Camprite TX6

Offline Hogie

• Swag User
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
Well we picked up the new addition to the family today, a nice brand spanking new TX6  ;D ;D ;D

Will post up a new thread in the My Camper Trailer when I get around to getting some pics.

Couldn't fault the great customer service we got from Matt and Reg at Camprite. It's great to see some people that take pride in their product and know the value of excellent customer service!!
2010 ST Patrol
2012 Camprite TX6

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
Greetings from Perth
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »
Great news on the new camper arriving, now about those pics you mentioned :D

Bunyip
2002 Landcruiser GXV