Author Topic: Greetings from Cairns  (Read 8037 times)

Offline rockman

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live ... then don't
Re: Greetings from Cairns
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
I will be selling my 'Conqueror Conquest ' camper as soon as this weather breaks .... need to clean it up and get some pic's to put up here .

Cheers Jim

Offline Sawed-Off

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:29:53 PM »
Can't help you with suggesting any local CT's for you, but don't forget that you could always buy a trailer without side access and then have it modified to suit.

That's a definite possibility. Tried to buy an MDC today to do exactly that, but apparently they sell enough that they don't need my business. Oh well, I guess that means something better is around the corner.   :D

I'm wondering though how you'd go with security for the guns in that kind of a setup, but you'd know more about what's required there than I would.

Just needs to be a lockable box that's secured to the trailer. I want the side access for easier access so I don't have to lift the bed up and go in over the top. One of the reasons I use the name "Sawed-Off" is I'm a short arse.  ;D

I'd love to hear what sort of shooting you do - sounds like a lot of fun.

We do what's called Single Action shooting. Basically, we dress up like cowboys and shoot guns from the old west as fast as we can. It certainly is fun. It's like a big social club with occasional interruptions due to outbreaks of gunfire. You're all welcome to come and check it out. We shoot fortnightly Saturdays behind the Sikh temple at Edmonton. We're there this week from about 1.30pm.

Hope this works. First time I've uploaded something to youtube. This is me on Sunday. We're normally outside doing a few more challenging things, but the torrential rain forced us under cover.

Small | Large

Good luck!
Matto :)

Cheers! This is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. I never realised I was so fussy about stuff.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:39:46 PM by Sawed-Off »
Matt.

Rootin', Tootin', & Shootin'. It's the Cowboy Way.

'97 HZJ80R Land Cruiser Dual Cab
'05 Tambo "The Cooper" : Nights used - 2015: 13  2014: 34  2013: 36  2012: 31

Offline Sawed-Off

• Tent User
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
G'day Sawed-off,

Did you get my PM regarding the Trackabout for sale at Stratford?

I went and had a look today. It's a nice enough unit. It's a clean 2009 Safari with a reasonable kitchen, big storage box, battery setup, under body water tank, and the tires looked about 60%, if anyone is interested. The guy (also named Matt) is pretty keen to stick to his price of around $13.5k, which is a bit more than I want to spend at the moment. He reckons it will be in the paper again this weekend. Thanks again for the tip off. :)
Matt.

Rootin', Tootin', & Shootin'. It's the Cowboy Way.

'97 HZJ80R Land Cruiser Dual Cab
'05 Tambo "The Cooper" : Nights used - 2015: 13  2014: 34  2013: 36  2012: 31

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
I went and had a look today. It's a nice enough unit. It's a clean 2009 Safari with a reasonable kitchen, big storage box, battery setup, under body water tank, and the tires looked about 60%, if anyone is interested. The guy (also named Matt) is pretty keen to stick to his price of around $13.5k, which is a bit more than I want to spend at the moment. He reckons it will be in the paper again this weekend. Thanks again for the tip off. :)

Yep the trailer has had an easy life by the looks of it...... glad you got hold of him, if nothing else it gives you something to compare other prices with....... For an budget of $10k you'll find something in good condition especially if you are willing to travel to pick it up..... One problem with Cairns..... it's a bloody long way from a lot of places........ though most of the time thats what i like about the place!

Good luck in your search!
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!