Author Topic: ARB is on board  (Read 21171 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: ARB is on board
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
Quote from: TOY80ST
Just a question. How come you sell an ARB air locker cheaper in the states than here when they are Australian made?
did I miss the answer to this one? and not just $50 cheaper either.. inc freight.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »
did I miss the answer to this one? and not just $50 cheaper either.. inc freight.

Good question
and I'm not being cynical about that   :cheers:

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
Hi Sam,
           I accept that you don't want this thread to be a Q&A but if you put yourself out as the voice of ARB you'll naturally get a lot of questions, usually ones dealers can't/wont answer.

I've actually asked this one at a few 4WD Shows with ARB Melboune reps and still can't get a decent answer, so here goes.

Why can I buy ARB Lockers in the USA at A$400/locker cheaper than I can buy them here? The A$400 is based on current parity of the dollar. If ARB Aust can sell them into the USA and have their dealers/reps sell them for A$400 less than here I'm sure you'd agree that we would have to ask....... WHY?

Pete. R.

Come on .............. You know you want to.

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
Hi Sam,
           I accept that you don't want this thread to be a Q&A but if you put yourself out as the voice of ARB you'll naturally get a lot of questions, usually ones dealers can't/wont answer.

I've actually asked this one at a few 4WD Shows with ARB Melboune reps and still can't get a decent answer, so here goes.

Why can I buy ARB Lockers in the USA at A$400/locker cheaper than I can buy them here? The A$400 is based on current parity of the dollar. If ARB Aust can sell them into the USA and have their dealers/reps sell them for A$400 less than here I'm sure you'd agree that we would have to ask....... WHY?

I think it's a bit like car prices; they tend to follow the local market forces.   Now poor Sam has to explain capitalism!
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
Just a question. How come you sell an ARB air locker cheaper in the states than here when they are Australian made?

Hi guys, I realise this is a concern. As I'm still a relative newbie at ARB, I will do some investigation to try and ascertain why this is the case.

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Maîneÿ . . .

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Watch videos below
    • S0LAR power charging videos
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »
Hi guys, I realise this is a concern. As I'm still a relative newbie at ARB, I will do some investigation to try and ascertain why this is the case.

Cheers, Sam.

Bet this thread is on everyone's "notify" listing  ;D ;D

love the black snake  :-*

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
I think it's a bit like car prices; they tend to follow the local market forces.   Now poor Sam has to explain capitalism!

Well done Patr80l, you have sucessfully landed the hammer fair square on the head of the nail!
LJ
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
Well done Patr80l, you have sucessfully landed the hammer fair square on the head of the nail!
LJ

Except that with the internet there is increasingly no local market forces. Its all local now.  Many of us now get on line to look for prices, and with the Aussie dollar at a high, its increasingly worthwhile getting stuff elsewhere.  So manufacturers and retailers need to factor this into their pricing models.  Many of us are happy to pay a bit extra to support the local retailer, but not the sort of price difference we are seeing.   
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »
Except that with the internet there is increasingly no local market forces. Its all local now.  Many of us now get on line to look for prices, and with the Aussie dollar at a high, its increasingly worthwhile getting stuff elsewhere.  So manufacturers and retailers need to factor this into their pricing models.  Many of us are happy to pay a bit extra to support the local retailer, but not the sort of price difference we are seeing.

Well done db, you have sucessfully landed the hammer fair square on the head of the nail!
Pete. R.

Offline Aussie Blue

• Tent User
    • Do you have a Plan B Income?
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2012, 07:51:35 AM »
I popped into my local ARB shop yesterday.
They told me they had just read this post, so I stated that I would be haggling pretty hard when I return for my next purchase (some big ticket items). I would certsinly be comparing prices in the States with the local shop, and am prepared to give the local shop a fair go.
But, there is only so far anyone is prepared to go to support local in todays fiscal climate!
Life is short, eat desert first

Blue

Highly modified cheapy Chinese CT, 2000NM Pajero

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2012, 08:29:52 AM »
Well done db, you have sucessfully landed the hammer fair square on the head of the nail!

C'mon Maverick, you can come up with something more original than that 

You're not a Canberra politician are ya? ;)
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline TOY80ST

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • The Camper trailer Whisperer
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »
I popped into my local ARB shop yesterday.
They told me they had just read this post, so I stated that I would be haggling pretty hard when I return for my next purchase (some big ticket items).

Ya meanie ;D

as far as shopping. I try my local shops first. I start with quality over price that is fit for purpose. But if I can save a substantial amount by buying elsewhere or can get a better quality product elsewhere I will.
I am off to the US again next week and this time I am taking an overnight bag with 1 change of clothes and my laptop. I am borrowing a charger from one of the guys over there. I am not taking my phone charger only my cord for the pc. I am taking my razor frame and buying the cartridges from Wallmart and that is pretty much it. I will buy all the clothes I need over there and buy a couple of bags for the return trip. There may be a locker in one of these bags probably my carry on because it is small enough to fit under the seat and I am pretty sure I would get excess if I put it in checked baggage. 14 hours discomfort for a few hungie saving. It may be unfair to the local 4wd shop but it is not unfair to me. My local ARB store is 2 hours drive from here. ARB are still getting the sale. Money comes back to ARB investors in Austalia. Not giving any money to greedy fuel companies driving 4 hours to get locker (yes I know I am paying for plane fuel but I am going to the US anyway)

Hmm mr Dyslexia has me today. nice spelling Pauly :cup:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:11:56 AM by TOY80ST »
I hvae tlruobe wtih selplnig and dxsyliea. NOW I'TS YUOR TRUN!

Offline Aussie Blue

• Tent User
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »
as far as shopping. I try my local shops first. I start with quality over price that is fit for purpose. But if I can save a substantial amount by buying elsewhere or can get a better quality product elsewhere I will.

TOY, I totally agree with you!

Blue

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »
C'mon Maverick, you can come up with something more original than that 

You're not a Canberra politician are ya? ;)

Plagiarism is king.   ;D
Pete. R.

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
TOY, I totally agree with you!

X2

However in this case we are comparing Aussie made ARB diff lockers being sold in two different countries at significantly different prices (apples for apples), and it is we Aussies who it would appear are being ripped off by an Aussie company.
Pete. R.

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
Hi guys, see my reply re Air Locker pricing in Australia and the US on the Air Locker thread.

Hope this helps explain things.

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Quote from: Aussie Blue
But, there is only so far anyone is prepared to go to support local in todays fiscal climate!
Get hold of a copy of the Pricing PDF from few months ago and walk in with that, and start with what you think is a fair profit margin there :)  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Aussie Blue

• Tent User
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »
Just got a quote from USA for an ARB 47 ltr (50 quart) fridge:

"Hi,
We can ship the fridge weighing 64 lbs via USPS Priority mail for $280.63. Also, we can offer this fridge for $799 + $280.63= $1079.63. If you are interested, we can complete the transaction via a PayPal invoice just simply send us your PayPal email address. There is no obligation to purchase the invoice if you choose not to. Let me know if you have further questions. "

$US is quoted figure.

???

Blue

Offline maverick_sr71

• Swag User
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:18 PM »
Just got a quote from USA for an ARB 47 ltr (50 quart) fridge:

"Hi,
We can ship the fridge weighing 64 lbs via USPS Priority mail for $280.63. Also, we can offer this fridge for $799 + $280.63= $1079.63. If you are interested, we can complete the transaction via a PayPal invoice just simply send us your PayPal email address. There is no obligation to purchase the invoice if you choose not to. Let me know if you have further questions. "

$US is quoted figure.

???

And the Aust price is from you local ARB dealer?
Pete. R.

Offline Aussie Blue

• Tent User
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »

And the Aust price is from you local ARB dealer?

Just shy of $1300

Freight is a killer due to size. Smaller items the same weight will be less of course.

Blue

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
Ask if Toy can take it for you.... :-)
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
Folks, this is an introduction thread, not Q&A or kick the crap out of the successful manufacturer. If you would like to welcome ARB to MySwag, post up, but if you have a question about a specific product post a question in general discussion, or int heir Showroom thread, PM them directly or phone an ARB store.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Moto Mech

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »
Welcome to myswag mate, most of us are nice friendly people ;D.
And for everyone on facebook, check out ARB's video tour of their factory. Enough to make anyone drool(even the moaners) and to think it all started in a back yard garage.
ARB, the only gear for my Landcruiser 105
Red Earth Camper Trailer

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
Folks, this is an introduction thread, not Q&A or kick the crap out of the successful manufacturer. If you would like to welcome ARB to MySwag, post up, but if you have a question about a specific product post a question in general discussion, or int heir Showroom thread, PM them directly or phone an ARB store.

Couldn't have said it better myself....

Offline Aussie Blue

• Tent User
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »

Good point.

I think we all forget where we are sometimes and get caught up in the 'thread spin'.

Blue

Blue