Author Topic: Greetings from Africa  (Read 10683 times)

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
Re: Greetings from Africa
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 12:15:23 PM »
Never managed to get to Namibia whilst I was over there, funny seeing I supported Namibia in the 2003 World Cup in Australia...

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
come on, wheres the photos of the lion sleepin on top of the trailer :):)

Love seein other parts of the world and where people travel... would love to do it once...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Oryx

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 12:25:12 PM »
Never managed to get to Namibia whilst I was over there, funny seeing I supported Namibia in the 2003 World Cup in Australia...

Rescue1
Make sure that you visit Namibia when you ever get the opportunity, you will not be sorry.  It is magnificent country and a true paradise for any outdoor enthusiast.  We also supported Namibia of all our heart in the current World Cup, although they didn't win any of their matches they stood themselves pride, specially if you take into consideration that rugby in Namibia is still a true amateur sport.  Our team also gained quite a big following in New Zealand because of their attitude and their spirit with which they compete.
Cheers
Oryx

Offline TroyE

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • you can't buy experience
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
are their any Namibian players in the super 15 teams?
you can't polish a turd, BUT you can roll it in glitter...

Offline georgegna

• Swag User
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 06:52:12 PM »
George
Dit gaan baie goed dankie.  Nice to find someone who can speak & understand THE LANGUAGE  ;D.  Following the RWC with keen interest, it looks as though South Africa will be playing Aus in the quarter finals.  I am actually quite surprised to see that so few people have mentioned anything about the RWC on the forum.
Cheers
Oryx

Ja,welcome hey. I'm following the RWC quite closely. Especially the Boks, then the Wallabies!
Might have to find a 12v tv to take on my trips hey.
2011 ST Patrol with most of the whistles.
2011 GIC Offroad Camper.

New to the CT game & can't wait to try out my new toys.

Oryx

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:41 AM »
come on, wheres the photos of the lion sleepin on top of the trailer :):)

Love seein other parts of the world and where people travel... would love to do it once...

Lost
I'm still waiting for the lion to join me in my CT.  I did however manage to stumble upon these elephants (in the pics below) very close (about 500m) to our campsite  :o.  These elephants are roaming in an area where there are no fences restricting there movement, when it gets realy dry they often walk into the campsite and rip out the under ground pvc water pipes for a quick drink.  Africa is a though country!!!!!

Oryx

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 12:56:25 AM »
are their any Namibian players in the super 15 teams?

Troy
There are a couple of Namibians playing club rugby in Europe (the captain, Jacques Burger, plays for Saracens) and a couple play provincial rugby in South Africa.  Most of the guys are however only playing amateur club rugby in Namibia.  This year there wasn't any guys playing for any of the Super 15 teams.
Cheers
Oryx

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
You only need to watch South African rugby to see what our Super 15 teams are doing wrong. As my soccer mad / rugby hating work mate will attest there is rugby on most of the year....

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum Oryx, thanks for sharing some pics with us.
I look forward to seeing many more.
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
Quote from: Oryx
I'm still waiting for the lion to join me in my CT.  I did however manage to stumble upon these elephants (in the pics below) very close (about 500m) to our campsite  :o.  These elephants are roaming in an area where there are no fences restricting there movement, when it gets realy dry they often walk into the campsite and rip out the under ground pvc water pipes for a quick drink.  Africa is a though country!!!!!

I don't know if I'd cry, scream like a little bitch, or let out a little bit of poo in my pants if I woke up looked out of the tent and saw a herd of Effelants outside the trailer...

Thats awesome!!!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home