Author Topic: My First Camper Trailer  (Read 7831 times)

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
Re: My First Camper Trailer
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum Stuart, there's plenty of CTs available in that price range. Take your time and I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs.
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Lifestyle Marketing

2nd Hand Lifestyle Camper Trailers?
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »
Hi fellow Banana Bender, Darren here from Lifestyle Camper Trailers - I will be unashamedly biased here and point you towards perhaps a 2nd hand Lifestyle Camper Trailer - all genuinely Aussie made, VERY good quality components across the board...our experience is that a good second hand Lifestyle will go for anything from $5000 upward depending on age and condition (our base model starts at $9950.00).

Probably the next best advice I can give is be patient and wait for the right trailer to come along and then enjoy the benefits of buying right in the first place. IF you do find a second hand Lifestyle Camper Trailer we would be happy to go over it for you to make sure it is all ship shape.....we often help people in the same situation.

Feel free to call me on 07 3208 8350 if you want any more specific advice.

Regards

Smarty  8)

Offline ralphedward

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »
Stuart,

Keep your eyes on the classifieds on this site (and others).  I wouldn't worry about rim, tyre size or offset as you're buying second hand and changing tow vehicles, if needed it can be done later. Make sure whatever it is you look at is sturdy, has eye to eye spring mounts (any off road work tests slipper mounts to the max) and the canvas is in good order (this can cost a motza).  Zips can be a little problematic but no matter what make sure it has brakes and that you have the proper controller, You will always travel with it nearer max weight rather than min weight.  If you are handy then the mods begin, if not spend a little more in the first place.  Other than that if you can find a good Tambo Cooper then go for it.

Best of luck

Mark
SWMBO made me do it (whatever it was I did)!
VW Amarok & 'Cooper' the Tambo.

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 01:06:20 PM »
Hi
Lotsa good advice so far. I was in the same predicament, kept my eyes & options open and along came my dream CT for the right price second hand. I picked mine up through gumtree online. With the TPCamper you linked, it has a standard ball hitch which limits you offroad, has no brakes, has a GVM of 750Kg's which means hassles with adding brakes later as you need to have it re-certified etc etc. All things you need to think about if you want to get off the blacktop at some stage or wish to carry 500Kg's of camping gear. OK if you only want to go light weight and stick to the tar. There will be CT's come up 2nd hand which will offer great value if you have the time to wait.
There is lots of banter here so don't get too offended if someone has a light hearted go at you. Just watch the Electrical Sub Forum as there are a few touchy subjects there & sometimes the cct breakers get a work out.
I hope it works out for you and welcome to the forum.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
    • Yakass Coastal Kayak Fishing
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I signed a contract yesterday on the property I'm selling so, if that goes through without a hitch I will be cashed up and in a position to buy a camper before Christmas. I saw a camper beside the road the other day that looked built for some serious off road work and rang the number on the sign but the guy wanted $14k for it. More than double what I want to spend. lol. Had loads of sleeping space though. Anyway, I'll keep looking around at what is available but until I have the funds in my pocket, that's all I can do. "Look."
"Life is a Journey - NOT a Guided Tour"

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline dunebuggy

• Swag User
    • Yakass Coastal Kayak Fishing
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »
http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-caravan-campervan-motor-home-2002-Trackabout-Camper-Trailer-W0QQAdIdZ310767480
Might be what you want maybe

Thanks Noel.
The wife made noises about wanting to buy herself and I-Pad and then, if her tax money ever turns up, she wanted to look at getting an I-Mac. I said she can buy herself the I-Pad and I will buy her an I-Mac. Well... when I went and looked at them I loved them so I bought us one each and, because I am impatient and hate to wait for things.. I bought 2 of the next model up because they only had one of the one I wanted. So, 2 I-Mac 27" 3.1 quad core puters & extras took a bit over 5k from the trailer budget. The camper trailer is now on the back burner, at least until the wife's tax money shows up.  ;D
"Life is a Journey - NOT a Guided Tour"

Offline Wargod_70

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »
Hey folks I just found another camping trailer manufacturer and there cheapest model falls within my "proposed" budget but you get what you pay for. Has anyone had any experience with these campers?  http://www.tpcampertrailers.com.au/index.html

I have just paid my deposit with Todd at TP Camper Trailers for a Razor Back, also Prado Guy has bought one of these too.

Cheers

Jon
Horse walks into a pub, barman asks why the long face?    |    8 out of 10 statistics are made up on the spot