Author Topic: Ally Master from Pacific Aluminium Trailers  (Read 11925 times)

Offline mattnanne

• Learning the Ropes
Ally Master from Pacific Aluminium Trailers
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »
We have just purchased Ally Master #16 from Pacific Aluminium Trailers and spent three weeks travelling back to Hobart.  We would love to hear from the previous 15 purchasers of the Ally Master.  Is there anyone out there that has one?

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Ally Master from Pacific Aluminium Trailers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
Welcome to Mysawg . Would love to see the CT poen & set up look great  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, trailer looks interesting, a few more pics would be great

GG

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
G'day MattnAnne and welcome to Myswag. :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline Paul and Bern

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Living for Holidays
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
 :D Hi and hello even.  Welcome to the swag.  The CT certainly looks good, is it lightweight? and does it open or is it as is, would be warm and weather proof for the cooler camping months.
 :cheers: Paul
Can every day be made a public holiday?

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
G'day & Welcome, good to have you  on board. I'm pretty surer no other members have one at present, so you'll have to lead the discussion and evaluation of the brand.

Having seen ads in the magazines I was wondering on the wall thickness of the lower rails. How solid are they, is it likely they'll get dinged by large gibbers for example?
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »
HI Matt

Interesting looking CT.

Photo taken near khancoben?
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline mattnanne

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your welcomes.  We're sorting through photos and will post them soon - any tips on the best way to do several photo's with captions?  Moving house at the moment so may be a couple of weeks before we get organised.  Here's another one for now.  :cheers:
Matt and Anne

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
Welcome to my swag :cheers:
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline SoloTraveller64

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
Hi

I have been considering purchasing one of these hardtop camper trailers from Pacific Aluminium but I wanted to obtain some info from someone who already has one.

Are they insulated at all?  I imagine being aluminium they will reflect a bit of light which is good but I also imagine they could be very warm in hot weather.  Any experience with this at all?  Also, is there any lighting in the camper trailer or do you use after-market lighting (or a torch)?  I am also wondering if the camper is lockable at all, especially from the inside when you are sleeping.  Travelling solo in remote areas I like to make sure I am waking up to noody standing over me (this has happened).

How do you find towing the trailer?  I have a 2010 build Mitsubishi Challenger which is very similar to your Mitsubishi.

Thanks.

Rob

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
great looking setup that one!

welcome

dan
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »
These things have caught my eye lately, and especially a special order one that is on their website......same as the above one but has completely different lines...bit more like a Vista in its basic shape....pity they don't get to any of the camping shows !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
Welcome to myswag mattnanne
nice lookin trailer
could you tell me the width
one day down the track i could be lookin for something like that
but would like the width around the same as ow tug
easy to tow & can see past the trailer much better 
cheers sheeds
 :cheers:

Offline Old Croc + plus one

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »
Hi Mattnanne
Welcome to My Swag Happy Trails with your camper
Ford Ranger 2006

Offline squirell

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
Hi and welcome, a very interesting camper you have there, looking forward to some more pics, enjoy your stay.
Just spendin' the kids inheritence !!

Offline gibbo301

• Still doing it in my Aussie Swag
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:19:26 AM »
Hi Mattnanne Welcome to My Swag the camper looks great and to set it up looks all to easy enjoy.  :cheers:

Offline beagle47

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
Hi

I have been considering purchasing one of these hardtop camper trailers from Pacific Aluminium but I wanted to obtain some info from someone who already has one.

Are they insulated at all?  I imagine being aluminium they will reflect a bit of light which is good but I also imagine they could be very warm in hot weather.  Any experience with this at all?  Also, is there any lighting in the camper trailer or do you use after-market lighting (or a torch)?  I am also wondering if the camper is lockable at all, especially from the inside when you are sleeping.  Travelling solo in remote areas I like to make sure I am waking up to noody standing over me (this has happened).

How do you find towing the trailer?  I have a 2010 build Mitsubishi Challenger which is very similar to your Mitsubishi.

Thanks.

Rob
We have an earlier model from the same manufacturer with the same chassis and many of the  same features so can answer some of your queries.

Insulation - the roof in all of them is aluminium plate lined with foil and air-cell insulation and marine carpet.  Our walls are double plate with 30mm sealed airspace between - the new ones have a different material above the central brush bar.  All this makes for cosy in winter.  The large windows and overhead hatch result in reasonable comfort in the summer sun - similar to most caravans, better than most other CT's unless their under a fly.

Width - just under 1800mm

Lighting - custom to your requirements.  We have small strip led's as reading lights and larger strips for general lighting (and for the kitchen outside).

Stone  damage etc - been in some very ordinary conditions.  Stones do mark/scratch the alloy below the brush bar but no dings.  Purple polish cleans it all up.

Security - on ours we can just drop the rear door i stead of using the 'drop' tent section.  Almost impossible to raise it without disabling the air system that raises/lowers it.  I'm not sure about the door on the new ones.  All external lockers are key lockable.

Suspension is Cruisemaster Air from Vehicle Components so is adjusted for the weight each trip.  Also makes levelling at the campsite a push button job.

We travel with lots of gear (pretty much everything we had in a 16' caravan) including 240 litres of water, solar on the roof, 2 x 120ah batteries, HWS, fridge etc for a gross of about 1400kg.  The new models are a couple of hundred kg's lighter - savings by not having the lift up rear door.  Very much a go anywhere in comfort CT.  Very custom built with I suspect no two the same.

Cheers .............. Alan

Offline SoloTraveller64

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:19 PM »
Hey There Alan

Thanks heaps for your help.  The idea of being enclosed in a hard cell sleeping area appeals to me enormously but I don't want to tow a caravan as such so I see these or something similar as a good compromise.  They seem to be relatively well priced when you consider some of the other off road campers around.  I also like the idea of them being relatively light when compared with an off road caravan too.  I read in a recent issue of a 4wd mag that following a 12 month road trip the author of the article would not use a camper trailer again, which was interesting.  He criticised what he perceived to be a lack of protection from rough weather in a tent style camper trailer.  No trouble with these though.  If you have some more pics to post hat would be great.  Cheers!
Rob

Offline flamingo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 07:11:01 AM »
  Welcome to myswag Alan.. Good looking camper mate..   :cheers:  Phil
Go Tigers!
2005 Navara
2011 Jayco Flamingo

Offline beagle47

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
Hey There Alan 
...................... If you have some more pics to post hat would be great.  Cheers!
Rob
Hi Rob.  Any particular queries I'm happy to give my opinion if it helps.  Re pics though while I have quite a few of my CT (the Vision) the Pacific Aluminium Trailers website has a huge gallery of most of their regular models.

Cheers ........... Alan

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
Hi mattnanne and welcome to My Swag, nice looking CT :cheers:
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline mattnanne

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Hi All
Well you might say it's about time we got our act together and replied!  We have not only moved house since our last post, we have also made the big decision to sell  a house, quit our jobs and do the big trip!  Needless to say that we have been fairly flat out.
We leave Tasmania 23rd June and are heading up to Brisbane to have some modifications done.  An additional awning on the other side, some extra shelving and insulation and carpet on the underside of the lift up roof (this will eliminate the condensation build up).
We have walls for the annex made out of canvan but I'm planning to sew some mosiquoto net curtains that we can also use when it's jot.
Our trip back to Tassie after picking it up new was in late December and we came back through the snow fields (ha!ha) it was 40 degrees in Bright when we were there.  We were pleasantly surprised that it was no warmer in the van than it was outside.  Also found that when the temperature outside went down it didn't take long for the temperature inside to go down too.
As Alan replied, each one of these is custom made and Danny (the guy that makes them) continually looks for ways to improve them.  Ours is 2.05 metres high (which means you can book on the Spirit of Tasmania muchh easier than a ginormous caravan) 1.8 metres wide just slightly wider than the Triton - no need for mirror extension) and 4.95 metres long.
Not long to go until we head off and will then have heaps more time to post photos etc.
Happy and safe travels
Matt and Anne
 :laugh:

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
have just been researching hese trailers