Author Topic: Hi Another Lifestyle CT  (Read 12113 times)

Offline mikew

• Sleeping Bag User
Hi Another Lifestyle CT
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
Hi All

I have been reading posts for quite a while now and just thought that it was time to say hi. I have just picked up my new lifestyle extenda elite CT and am really looking forward to getting the family out and about in it. We have been hiring campers for the last several years and finally thought it was time to get our own. I would like to say that Bill and the team at lifestyle have gone out of there way to help, from the ordering to delivery, considering I am from Sydney and decided to collected it from there Brisbane showroom. Anyway just wanted to say hi and let everyone know what a great site this is.

Regards
Mike
2016 MY16 VX TTD White Landcruiser
2008 D4D Prado
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hi Another Lifestyle CT
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
G'day Mike and welcome to Myswag.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:33:58 AM by Snow »
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline chunk

• Tent User
  • One life, live it.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »
Hi Mike welcome to the forum, and also welcome to the Lifestyle Camper family.
Current Lifestyle 360.
2004 Land Rover Discovery td5 Classic.
2001 Land Rover Discovery td5.

Gone 1998 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi.
1995 Land Rover Discovery ES 3.9lt  V8.
1994 Land Rover Defender 200 tdi.
1984 Toyota Forerunner 2lt.
1982 Nissan 720 Duel Cab 2.2lt.
1974 Toyota Land Cruiser.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
Hope you have better luck with that company than I ever did.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »
Mikew Welcome to Nyswag & now with your own rig  the only problem is you might have to come home mow the lawn  ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline oldturtle22

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
Gday Mike,

Have fun in your new camper.

Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough for you to get out!

Cheers Chris.

Hope you have better luck with that company than I ever did.

and Lost, fair suck of the sauce bottle, ok, you had a drama with Lifestyle, everyone here knows it, but do you reckon it's time to get over it and stop rubbishing them.

I do.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
Congrats, nice choice of tow rig too  :cup:

Oh and  :worthles:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »
Welcome to the Forum

GG

Offline sadie

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
Hi Mike. Welcome to both mySwag and the Lifestyle family. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either.

Steve.

PS Ditto to what oldturtle22 said

Offline Frostd

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Terry & Deb
    • Frosty's blog
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
Hey Mike. Welcome.  The Lifestyle CT are great. Lot of great information on the site.

http://frostysadventures.blogspot.com/

Offline MONDO-100

• Tent User
  • Love it
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
HI mate
2014 D4D prado with all the fruit and 9ft full chassis camper.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
Congrats, nice choice of tow rig too  :cup:

Oh and  :worthles:
Feel free to hand over the $2000 I have had to dish out to get Shit fixed within the warranty period and then go and fix the flyscreens that are still ripped to Shit cause of their piss poor quality control, then I'll be happy to never piss on their name again.
Didnt think you would.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
and Lost, fair suck of the sauce bottle, ok, you had a drama with Lifestyle, everyone here knows it, but do you reckon it's time to get over it and stop rubbishing them.

I do.
I will continue to tell the truth that the sun does not shine out of their arse until they hand over the money they owe me for Shit that I've had to pay for to fix stuff under warranty. and an apology from the arsehole who owns the place for talking to me like I was Shit on his shoe more than once. 1 yr 20 yrs, their call. And yes, they are reading this, they couldnt give a ****.

or you can feel free to hand over the $2000+ I have had to dish out to get Shit fixed within the warranty period and then go and fix the flyscreens that are still ripped to Shit cause of their piss poor quality control, then I'll be happy to never piss on their name again.
Didnt think you would.

PS: im not the only Victorian to have been treated this way
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:42:57 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline oldturtle22

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »
Fair enough, youve had dramas, and post it once, maybe twice, but when I see posts from you, I wonder if its going to be another lifestyle verbal bashing.

If its that bad go further with the matter legally. Your demenour from what I gather from this site is pretty aggressive, so if you talked to the owner that way could you blame him for being rude. It's a 2 way street.

And what do you mean I could hand over the $2000, are you serious, act your age.

Its really getting old.

Offline oldturtle22

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
Sorry Mikew,

last you'll hear of that from me,

Have fun camping.

Heaps of info here.

Cheers Chris

Offline Rod Camping

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2009 Lifestyle Extenda-2011 Nissan Patrol ST Wagon
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 06:58:23 AM »
Feel free to hand over the $2000 I have had to dish out to get Shit fixed within the warranty period and then go and fix the flyscreens that are still ripped to Shit cause of their piss poor quality control, then I'll be happy to never piss on their name again.
Didnt think you would.

Why didn't they fix it under warrenty?

I think I have the answer. 1. You stuffed it due to not using it as it was intended and 2. You weren't prepared to pay the costs to get it back to Brisbane, as you are required to do, to get it fixed under warrenty.

I had/have a problem with mine extenda leaking around the zip. I have notified Lifestyle of the problem whilst under warrenty and have said that the next time I come to Brisbane, via road that I will deliver my trailer to them to fix. I am now out of warrenty, however because I notifed them inside the warrenty period they have to fix it, however I have to get to Brisbane...

Lost give it a rest if you have a beef with them ring them and sort it out if ytou cant take them to court and sue them. GET OVER IT.

Offline mikew

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 08:55:35 AM »
Gee what a **** storm I ran into, nice way to say hello, ;D do not worry, life is to short. Hello all anyway, in general this looks to be a great forum.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:08:27 AM by mikew »
2008 D4D Prado
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline Alloy C/T

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 09:09:34 AM »
Gotta love warranties , most not worth the paper there written on , all promises with no substance  due to the fine print of the likes of 'must be returned to manufacturer at buyers expense' [ lot of good that does you if your in WA and the factory is in Qld] or the classic of "must be returned in original packaging for any warranty claim"  , just love it , be better off negotiating a discount instead of paying for a useless warranty that is built into the cost.

Offline sadie

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
Once again ditto to what oldturtle22 and Rod Camping have said....

I had an issue with the tonneau cover on mine leaking. Rang Bill, and had a chat, sent through a few pictures and I've been send a brand new one.  :cup: Sure I've got to put it on myself (and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage that), but I wouldn't have expected more, really, given that I'm a thousand km's away....

Me thinks there's another side to the Lost story....

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:43 AM »
Hi mikew, and welcome!

We picked up our Lifestyle Extenda last week, and took it away last weekend in the heavy rain that SE Qld received to give it a decent wet-weather shake down - it performed flawlessly..

Photos to come in another thread.

Offline createtech

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:50 AM »
Welcome MikeW - I'm sure you will love your lifestyle
1989 GQ Patrol
2011 Lifestyle Extenda Elite

Offline mikew

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »
Thanks everyone, great to hear from other lifestyle extenda owners. I am sure we will be swapping stories in no time. I will post some photos soon, I have already added a second 100AH deep cycle battery+ internal lighting+ projecta 7 stage charger and a PSW inverter for all those pesky things that need 240V to charge, mainly kids stuff.
2008 D4D Prado
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »
Why didn't they fix it under warrenty?

I think I have the answer. 1. You stuffed it due to not using it as it was intended and 2. You weren't prepared to pay the costs to get it back to Brisbane, as you are required to do, to get it fixed under warrenty.

I had/have a problem with mine extenda leaking around the zip. I have notified Lifestyle of the problem whilst under warrenty and have said that the next time I come to Brisbane, via road that I will deliver my trailer to them to fix. I am now out of warrenty, however because I notifed them inside the warrenty period they have to fix it, however I have to get to Brisbane...

Lost give it a rest if you have a beef with them ring them and sort it out if ytou cant take them to court and sue them. GET OVER IT.
It turned up from the factory on day 1 with the cover torn to Shit. at first I was told it wasnt their problem! DAY ONE..

the next cover turned up wrong, I called and asked to send the correct one, I copped a mouthful.
I next cover lasted 7 months. I sent a very friendly email, (which I have sent to other members on here asking if they could see anything wrong with it, and they couldnt )The trailer was barely 12mths old at this stage... If you can find out for me why it wasnt fixed under warranty please do.. I refuse to talk to the arseholes anymore.

Please tell me how do you not use a cover for its intended use? FWIW, Im not the only person in victoria to have this issue with a cover

Ring them? everytime I've spoken with the owner, I've been talked to like iM Shit on his shoe, So until HE calls me and apologises, you GET OVER (see I can use caps too)it. I'll continue to let people know what their service is like from personal experience.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:07:51 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »
It turned up from the factory on day 1 with the cover torn to Shit. at first I was told it wasnt their problem! DAY ONE..

the next cover turned up wrong, I called and asked to send the correct one, I copped a mouthful.
I next cover lasted 7 months. I sent a very friendly email, (which I have sent to other members on here asking if they could see anything wrong with it, and they couldnt )The trailer was barely 12mths old at this stage... If you can find out for me why it wasnt fixed under warranty please do.. I refuse to talk to the arseholes anymore.

Please tell me how do you not use a cover for its intended use? FWIW, Im not the only person in victoria to have this issue with a cover

Ring them? everytime I've spoken with the owner, I've been talked to like iM Shit on his shoe, So until HE calls me and apologises, you GET OVER (see I can use caps too)it. I'll continue to let people know what their service is like from personal experience.

I'm intrigued. What exactly do you hope to gain by commenting at least once in almost every "Lifestyle Campers"-related topic with a slanderous remark about their business?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:54:47 AM by spargo »

Offline mikew

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 11:53:34 AM »
I do not mean to be rude, but does everyone think that an introduction topic is the right place to debate the problems experienced by a member of this forum. I was happy to come and say hello, excited about my new acquisition, where I was personally happy with the service I received and happy with the product. No, all I feel is dismay at basically being told that I have been coned/ shafted/ not been honest with. That there product is inferior and I should not have bought it. Just give consideration to how this would make a new member feel.

BTW I was already aware of Lost’s issue with the cover, I personal do not trust things being delivered like this, so I drove to QLD from Sydney and picked mine up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:03:42 PM by mikew »
2008 D4D Prado
2016 Lifestyle Reconn