Premium Sponsor > Tentworld - The Camping Experts

On the search for an Ideal, light touring tent

<< < (7/8) > >>

BBull:
We have a Oztrail Tourer tent 10. Had it for over 10 years now.
We did the cape in it and a lot of weekends when the kids were young.
Yes it is bulky but easy to put up. We haven't used it in awhile as we now have the camper.
But I highly recommend this tent if you want a quick solid tent that will last along time.

boobook:
Thanks all, I can't find anything that meets all my wish list. The Oztrail tourer 9 looks closest. I'm going to keep looking given I already have a few tents to see me through. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Troppo:
About 35 years ago I had a tent like the Springbar DU Duke has. Bought it from Tentworld in Brisbane. (Sorry Jon, I can't recall you being there but I remember they gave good service.). The tent was a Coleman, 10x8. Used it travelling around Australia and living in for a time on a property while I strung barbed wire during the day. Eventually the stitching went in the roof and I had it resewn. About ten years ago it was looking worn and more stitching was coming out. I cut the usable fabric off, kept the poles and pegs and threw the rest out. What used to be the floor is now a groundsheet I use under a dome tent for extra protection. And I recently covered a cushion for my dinghy with some of the white roof canvas.

Setting the tent up was easy enough but putting the force into bending the bars took a little care. With side windows down to almost the ground, ventilation was fantastic for the tropics being right at sleeping height and able to blow across the floor. And could be closed from inside so no need to go out if a shower came across.

It was a terrific tent and the satisfaction I got from it underscored how if you get the right gear for your situation, it makes the outdoors so much more enjoyable.

Examples of what my tent looked like:

https://deskgram.net/p/1661193893583351542_2931417585

http://www.active-writing.com/post.html#c18yOTE0NA== 

troppo

Jon Burrell - Tentworld:

--- Quote from: Troppo on February 02, 2019, 02:41:32 PM ---About 35 years ago I had a tent like the Springbar DU Duke has. Bought it from Tentworld in Brisbane. (Sorry Jon, I can't recall you being there but I remember they gave good service.).

--- End quote ---

Sorry Troppo, Tentworld was not my families business 35 years ago (I was also not born yet, I'm born 1985). 

We bought Tentworld in 2003, and it became our second camping store.  Our families business started in Toowoomba in 1968 with caravans & camping as a sideline, we became a full camping store in 1989 in Toowoomba.

RE:  Your Coleman tent, they have made some amazing gear over the years, and still do.  When you look through the global catalogue of things being sold world wide, it is amazing.  Especially some things sold in Japan.  Incredible materials (and very expensive) over there.  Sadly their styling and designs arent well suited to Australia but they are very well made. 

Some great stuff does come out in the global Coleman catalogue though and from time to time we do grab some of it to sell here.

Pete79:

--- Quote from: Jon Burrell - Tentworld on February 05, 2019, 01:59:32 PM ---Some great stuff does come out in the global Coleman catalogue though and from time to time we do grab some of it to sell here.

--- End quote ---
If you’re ever getting more of their “Foxy Lady” folding chairs let us know and I’ll preorder a pair of them. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version