Premium Sponsor > Tentworld - The Camping Experts

Tentworld Woolloongabba - QLD Now Open!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Jon Burrell - Tentworld:

--- Quote from: rockrat on May 02, 2018, 01:07:50 PM ---I noticed the one at Windsor has closed but didn’t know you had just moved to Woolloongabba.

I’m in the market for a new tent so will be sure to drop in.

--- End quote ---
Keen to hear what you think!  If you're a regular at the Windsor store, the team at Woolloongabba will be very familiar to you.

Sadly our move to Woolloongabba was not totally our choice.  We had a garbage truck crash into the Windsor store, the driver suffered fatal brain aneurysm whilst heading north and drove directly into the shop at full speed.  This caused severe structural damage which is still being resolved, and will be for some time. So whilst we're waiting, we've moved to Woolloongabba. 

We will soon have signs on the old building helping let everyone know. 

gordo350:

--- Quote from: Jon Burrell - Tentworld on May 02, 2018, 01:14:42 PM ---Cheers Gordo! 

We do have one store in Victoria currently,  in Ferntree Gully, Melbourne.  A short, easy 209km, 2hrs 30min Sunday drive from Shepparton!!   ;D   

Here is the Google Maps link to its location:  https://goo.gl/maps/yDci6MjqJNt it is a large store too. 

We are also happy to set aside stock overnight to allow you to come for a trip to visit, and not leave disappointed. 

Thank you for your suggestion of Shepparton to open a store. I do like Shepparton. In many ways it reminds me of my home town - Toowoomba although it's a bit smaller than Toowoomba.

I visited Shepparton for a few days last year seeing the wifes extended family who live in the area, to celebrate her grandparents 70th wedding anniversary.    I had breakfast one day at Friars Cafe, and another day at Lemon Tree Cafe.  Walked along the paths at Victoria Lake Park and visited the Shepparton Motor Museum amongst just general driving & discovery of the area.  All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and could imagine living there.

We do have Shepparton on our list for future expansion, although, it is a little bit down the list.  However, you are right - there are some nice buildings available there currently.

--- End quote ---
Lemon tree cafe is my downfall. Burgers are A1
Seriously though why would Rays close and leave only a very ordinary BCF to service a area as big the Goulburn Valley.?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BaseCamp:
Hey Jon - from the pics, the new store looks fantastic.....  I will definitely be checking it out soon...
Not easy setting up a new store.
Well done!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jon Burrell - Tentworld:

--- Quote from: gordo350 on May 02, 2018, 01:58:22 PM ---Lemon tree cafe is my downfall. Burgers are A1
Seriously though why would Rays close and leave only a very ordinary BCF to service a area as big the Goulburn Valley.?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Ahhhh!   Thanks for the tip I will have to try the burgers next visit to Lemon Tree! 

This is what I know about Rays, from rumours and outside observations below: 

If the Shepparton Rays was doing well,  it would have been a bit of an anomaly for Rays as it's been struggling since 2010 - since Super Retail Group (who also owns BCF) bought it.

Dont feel bad though,  Rays are being shut down all over Australia and will be totally gone at the end of June.     

SRGs first move when they bought Rays was to announce Rays head office was moving to Brisbane to be with BCF, from their Victorian one in Geelong? Obviously, a lot of the head office at Rays were not thrilled with their new headoffice location - the commute was a bit long.  So they left.  Taking all their knowledge with them of what made Rays special. 

This then meant that the team who were already running BCF, were also now running Rays.  So they made Rays, a BCF dressed in red. 

When Super Retail Group bought Rays,  their stores were mostly in Victoria, with some in NSW they then continued the roll out to make it national.  But when they opened these Rays stores, they offered nothing special or different to the BCF stores they already knew. 

Since 2010 we've been watching them try different things to try get Rays to fire, but it's been a burden on the Super Retail Group for a long time.  They started winding it up last year, closing over 15 stores and a couple of months ago announced that they're now totally shutting it down by end of June.  With some stores transitioning into the new backpacking chain from New Zealand - Macpac.   

rockrat:

--- Quote from: Jon Burrell - Tentworld on May 02, 2018, 01:20:49 PM ---Keen to hear what you think!  If you're a regular at the Windsor store, the team at Woolloongabba will be very familiar to you.

Sadly our move to Woolloongabba was not totally our choice.  We had a garbage truck crash into the Windsor store, the driver suffered fatal brain aneurysm whilst heading north and drove directly into the shop at full speed.  This caused severe structural damage which is still being resolved, and will be for some time. So whilst we're waiting, we've moved to Woolloongabba. 

We will soon have signs on the old building helping let everyone know.

--- End quote ---
I like the look and price of the Turbo Wolf X lite so will come check them out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version