Author Topic: Forum Admin team and Moderators  (Read 17262 times)

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Forum Admin team and Moderators
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:38:51 AM »
I was asked by a member the other day who was behind the scenes of MySwag. The following members keep this place up and running.

Have been a member here since 2008 when I was looking for a Tambo, now onto my second one and drive a 200 cruiser, had a 4.2 GU Patrol an upgrade from a Triton ute. Spend as much time out and about with the family while they are young but it gets difficult sometimes with work at times

Have been a moderator for a couple of years and get a great deal out of the forum, have met some great people and had some great adventures through the knowledge and guidance of the members here.

Garrick
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:49:58 PM by GGV8Cruza »

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
Re: Forum Admin team and Moderators
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »
Well, I was number 2 member of this forum when established May 2007. Brett asked Craig and myself to come on and help him establish a camper trailer forum that was missing from the market. So, here we are several years on and with MySwag prospering.

I drive a 2006 4.2Tdi Patrol Wagon and have had several 4wds over the years. Camper trailers have varied from first being a home made job, then a Customline soft floor, 2005 Kimberley Kamper LE and a 2010 Jayco Hawk. Currently no camper trailer with no intention on getting one as I prefer minimalist camping now as I tow a boat instead. MySwag is a great place to meet like minded people, hope you enjoy as much as I do.....:-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:00:16 PM by Teabag »
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
Folks can look us up but I don't recall a formal listing.

Well folks, I joined in about 2009 when there was about 5/600 members. Have had a couple of campers, currently the excited owner of a Trackabout Safari SV Extenda towed by a V8 100 series.

I don't get to go camping all that often anymore, as I go to a lot of camping shows instead, but I think about camping every single day.

Julian
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:50:33 AM by BigJules »
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
My name is Craig and have been here since day one when Brett identified the need for this site and brought myself and Teabag on board

I started out with a 5" lifted Patrol, Camprite camper and at this stage was heavily into the 4WD scene and just starting into the camper / camping scene

Now have a 200 series and a Kimberly and am much more into the camping scene and less so the 4WDing.......also the RC crawler bug is just starting to bite

married with two kids and we all like getting out and about whenever possible
Cheers, Craig

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »
Michael here, seens I joined back in the early days May 2007,  geeezzz have we been going that long  :o

Back then I had a Pathfinder and Jayco Eagle camper, progressed into Jayco Swan then came the Pajero followed by the current Shak, Sheraton or Hilton as it became know as around here (Jayco Expanda).
Yeah it'a bloody caravan, but I still sleep under canvas.  ;D

After a MySwag 1st Birthday meet I was asked to come onboard as a Moderator and here I am to this day, granted a little in the background these days but still here.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline firefox

• Administrator
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Young Nomad, Travelling
    • Tripigy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 08:39:43 AM »
Hi guys,

So Justin and the crew here.. I suppose i sit more behind the technical side of things, and avoid moderation at all costs  :laugh:
I'll every so often jump on if something is going bad in a thread and no mods are around.. More so i look into the server stuff every so often and keep the lights on behind the scene.. When not travelling!

So been with Myswag a couple of years, actually originally jumped on as i was building some campers for myself. As some would know, we are now on the road "full-time". (Writing this from the Royal National park in Sydney Bonnie Vale campground..)

Driving around in the "un"trusted Range Rover... (Hoping to get it fixed)..... And our huge caravan (yeah i know, but hey 4-5 years in it whilst travelling).. Loving the site and loving the country of ours...

If you ever see us on the road with a giant TRIPIGY sign on the back of the van, feel free to stop us, we are always up for a chat and love meeting lots of other myswaggers whilst we are on the road.! Looking forward to maybe catching some in Tassie when we are there from Feb-Apr 2014 or longer...

Anything technical feel free to shoot it past me with a PM..

Cheers
Justin
2015 LC200 - Snowy - Sahara with all the mods.
Custom built Off-road Caravan.

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »
G'day all, I joined Myswag when we were waiting for the Snowcave to be built back in early 08. Went nuts for the whole community that was being developed and have made some great friends on the way. It was after the 09 Crowdy Bay meet that I was asked to come on as a Mod, both an honour and an eye opener.

The biggest buzz is getting out bush with a bunch of Swaggers.

Snow

Sent from my pad, aye!
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
Hi Everyone

I joined Myswag in March 2011 when I first met Brett.  For those of you who don't know, I'm Brett's other half.  We have a nearly 11 month old son Seth.

I'm a bit like Justin in that I avoid Moderation at all costs. 

I see my role as being your friendly Merchandise dispatcher  :cheers:

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
Well this is embarrassing as I'm the last to post but the 1st one ever here...

No fancy user name here... Just my name, Brett. Jillsy is my partner and we have a little fella call Seth who is almost 1yrs old.

We drive a 200 series and tow our Robust Titanium camper. We are both shift workers with limited weekends off so we never get out camping anywhere near as much as we want too.

With work and family commitments I've struggle over the past few years to spend any decent time logged into the forum, so I do miss a lot.  But we do have the best mod team in existence who I rely heavily on and will always back their decisions 100%.

But it is the members of this forum that make it what it is.  Friendly, Helpful and Fun! and thats how we like to keep it.

Cheers
Brett