Author Topic: Nearly set for a few days around Sea Lake, VIC  (Read 1589 times)

Offline moeite

• Tent User
Nearly set for a few days around Sea Lake, VIC
« on: December 15, 2020, 01:02:03 PM »
We have finally managed to schedule a few days away.

The camper is nearly ready - only need to get a gas bottle refill and put a can of fuel on board as well as stock up the fridge and pantry and load the boxes of crockery, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking utensils. Ten minutes, tops. Then we can fold up the camper which'll take another fifteen minutes or so by the time I get the canvas and table loaded.

The water tank is drained and refilled, the wheel bearings are done and the brake magnets and shoes replaced. Brakes have been tested and they actually brake properly now. It's astounding how things creep towards being downright lethal without it really being noticed. They were still working OK but they inspire a lot more confidence now.

That absolutely detested job of putting the fitted underlay / mattress protector and the fitted bottom sheet on the mattress is done. Thankfully.

So, tomorrow morning we're off to Sea Lake for a few days. We'll have a look at the Silo Art, Lake Tyrell, have a meal at the pub and whatever else.

We've decided to only take one meal's worth of food and shop there and support the local community.

We'll stay at the rec reserve - we've stayed there before and the voluntary caretaker does a fantastic job of keeping it clean and serviceable. It's an honesty box system and there are a few powered sites. Our last stays have only been overnighters and we haven't had a chance to explore very much at all so we'll rectify that.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline ronmac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just love my wild turkey
Re: Nearly set for a few days around Sea Lake, VIC
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:06:25 PM »
Half your luck, Have a great time and enjoy. cheers Ron.
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.

Well, strip my gears and call me Shiftless.