Author Topic: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust  (Read 170974 times)

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
Re: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »
We were told it will be ready in two weeks and the hold up had been because the canvas makers had changed as the old company went bust.

We paid the minimum deposit and then 2 progress payments as they told us too! Thanks for making us feel even worse!

Don't worry about about armchair critics, focus on the more important issues.

Give the bank idea a go, and get in touch with the receivers asap.

Not sure how optimistic I'd be on getting fully reimbursed. Start by make as much noise as you can in the process.

I understand how stress full this situation is, but all the worrying in the world won't change the outcome.

As a wise Buddhist once said " If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worry? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Wishing you all the best.

Offline DaveCQ

• Tent User
  • Dave
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:45 AM »
Not a good story to hear. I hope you can recover your hard earned coin Luke. All the best to you and your family.
Cheers.
Toyota D4D Prado 150
Trackabout Dakar Extenda -Sold
AOR Quantum Plus on order.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2012, 07:32:24 AM »
Luke sorry to hear of your woes and good luck with it.

FYI you will generally get your credit card payments back if you dispute with the bank. Other payments not so lucky. Additionally a reciever may choose to trade on and generate some cash.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:50 AM »
If everything else fails ask the receivers to give you the trailer as is. Maybe it’s 50% or even 90% complete, so something is better than nothing.   

LOST - That was a low blow with that comment.  Luke like the rest of us when having items builds needs to pay progress payments.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:27:37 AM by Beachman »

Tassie devils

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »
Hi Luke
Really hope things work out for the better and you manage to get all or something back.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »
Quote from: Beachman
LOST - That was a low blow with that comment.  Luke like the rest of us when having items builds needs to pay progress payments.
Mine never did, and only 1 person I know (trackmaster) has had a trailer built in Melbourne has had to make progress payments..  And if you cant see that wasnt my intention when I said it, DILLIGAF what you think...

None of this helps the possible numerous people who are in ****... But I hope more people start to refuse to pay progress payments.  Specially in this environment.

If the product (trailer, shed, whatever it is) is good enough, it will sell if you buy it or not and the seller should have no problem building it and selling it tomorrow to the next bloke.. Pay ya $1000 deposit and sit back.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:07:07 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »
I will definitely being doing that in future lost. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as us but the jimboomba campers has not registered with ASIC yet to say receivership so at this stage they are classed as doing illegal business and you can make a legal claim through fair trading. They have vanished! Which to me is pretty gutless! They could just give us what they have made of our camper if they have done anything they were supposed to. Now it's s long road for us to even try get our money back and we are in square one again trying to decide on the best camper to get! We were so excited to be getting a jimboomba one and now it is heart breaking! Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Will keep you posted.
Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
I will definitely being doing that in future lost. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as us but the jimboomba campers has not registered with ASIC yet to say receivership so at this stage they are classed as doing illegal business and you can make a legal claim through fair trading. They have vanished! Which to me is pretty gutless! They could just give us what they have made of our camper if they have done anything they were supposed to. Now it's s long road for us to even try get our money back and we are in square one again trying to decide on the best camper to get! We were so excited to be getting a jimboomba one and now it is heart breaking! Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Will keep you posted.

Very sad to hear of your situation Luke, firstly we have owned a Jimboomba C/T for two years and could not be any happier with the product and I would say 100% of owners on here would back me up. Secondly I do not know what has happened with their Management, things could have went a bit pear shaped like with Johnny (Trackabout) and people came in pretty quickly and got it going again, I think the same will happen here. Stick it out mate and I think you will end up with your great Jimboomba C/T.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »
If everything else fails ask the receivers to give you the trailer as is. Maybe it’s 50% or even 90% complete, so something is better than nothing.   

[/quote

Well said mate.
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline luke07

• Swag User
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
Doesn't look good at all. They haven't gone into receivership they have just done a runner and packed everything up.

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
Doesn't look good at all. They haven't gone into receivership they have just done a runner and packed everything up.

Very Sorry for you mate
Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »
Sometimes it's just too hard to face all the suppliers, employees and customers with your abject failure and ruin after you've hung on in complete shock and denial at what's overwhelming you.

Not saying that's how it should be or is in this case, but just saying that's how it is for some.
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »

Alternately, they've had to sell everything they have for the business.  That's usually how it goes with small business ... so you are left with the shirt on your back and memories.

They have a very good CT so I believe.  Would be sad to see them go IF this is in fact the case.

Kit_e

2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline torsion

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
Thats shhiiiiiittt.
If I was out of pocket I would personally hunt the owners down myself.
Get their full name and find out where they live, knock on their front door, do what ever it takes to get your Shit back.
That would consume me until I got my product or money back..... >:(
If you don't have it in ya, there is always people who give real messages for small fee's.

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »
Thats shhiiiiiittt.
If I was out of pocket I would personally hunt the owners down myself.
Get their full name and find out where they live, knock on their front door, do what ever it takes to get your **** back.
That would consume me until I got my product or money back..... >:(
If you don't have it in ya, there is always people who give real messages for small fee's.

Ah yes i love the westy way lol
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Kydar

• Swag User
  • Australia, Love it or Leave it.
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
If they really have done the runner, that's a rotten act. My heart goes out to those who are out of pocket.  All the very very best to Luke & family and anyone else trying to get some answers to where their money has gone.
2014 Nissan Patrol with mods
2012 Lifestyle Walkthru.

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »

Do you know this for a fact or are assuming this? Where ate you getting your info from?

Offline Wato

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
Hey Luke, sorry to hear about your distress. Could I suggest that you take a drive to Jimboomba if you can and have a chat to some of the businesses that are Jimboomba Campers neighbours. Try the mower shop across the road or even the Panel Shop diagonally opposite, perhaps thay saw some movement of trailers etc. Just an idea to see if the place has been cleaned out. Jimboomba's not that bigga place.

All the best
Craig
2003 3ltr Patrol
2003 Camel Beachcomber Camper Trailer

Tassie devils

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
"None of this helps the possible numerous people who are in ****... But I hope more people start to refuse to pay progress payments.  Specially in this environment."

Lost
Getting work mate in this environment is hard enough, without deposits and progress payment I could not trade,we are not a bank we run a business!!
Hoping more people refuse to pay progress payments is a joke!!
I often have to pay progress payments myself but I always check the progress claim coincides with work completed and happy to pay.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:07:13 PM by Tassie devils »

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
I agree with Lost.

If the business you are dealing with wants progress payments, find another one to deal with.

I buy a car, Im pay 10% deposit.
I buy a house, I pay a 10% deposit.
I buy a CT, I pay a 10 % deposit.

If the business asks for more, or progress payments,  that is a sure sign they are under financial stress.  Ive been in business, I know the signs.

Find someone else to do business with in those circumstances.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline luke07

• Swag User
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
We have gotten our information from ASIC who register businesses, and there has been no receivership as yet.  We have also been in contact with a company in jimboomba and they have hired one of there workers and have also gone for a look at the shop and it is empty cleared out....so all evidence at the moment is saying they have done a runner. But still not sure where all campers etc have been packed up too.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Try the tv stations, a current affair etc , they may want to do a story and track down the owners.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
Not much info from a DNS search

Domain Name jimboombacampertrailers.com.au
Last Modified 30-Apr-2012 05:22:14 UTC
Registrar ID PlanetDomain
Registrar Name PlanetDomain
Status ok
Registrant MOORE, ROBERT ALLAN
Registrant ID ABN 63684523656
Eligibility Type Sole Trader
Eligibility Name Jimboomba Campertrailers
Registrant Contact ID ID00354451-PR
Registrant Contact Name Susan Willis
Registrant Contact Email sales@jimboombacampertrailers.com.au
Tech Contact ID ID00354451-PR
Tech Contact Name Susan Willis
Tech Contact Email sales@jimboombacampertrailers.com.au
Name Server ns2.icmshost.com
Name Server ns1.icmshost.com
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »
I agree with Lost.

If the business you are dealing with wants progress payments, find another one to deal with.

I buy a car, Im pay 10% deposit.
I buy a house, I pay a 10% deposit.
I buy a CT, I pay a 10 % deposit.

If the business asks for more, or progress payments,  that is a sure sign they are under financial stress.  Ive been in business, I know the signs.

Find someone else to do business with in those circumstances.

Yeah but if you build a house you pay progress payments......same as a ct or caravan generally.

Luke does your contract have any clausing about progress payments i.e. guarantees of completion etc?
Problem with that is that if the company goes into receivership, the receivers are not liable, it will come down to a business sale situation to determine the outcome.

If you want to PM me when you find out the receivers details I may be able to find out how they operate and your chances of getting your ct.

Cheers Nomad.

Offline Malcolm Tugless

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Are we there yet ?
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
If they have done a runner, the rules of engagement may have changed. Fraudulent behavior is dealt with rather differently.
And if they have it pretty poor form, and may just be a criminal matter.
Or maybe, and let's hope this is the case, the owners have taken the partially completed stock to another location in the hope of delivering at least something to the customers, who would otherwise miss out on any return after the big players got their pound of flesh.
Hopefully its the second scenario, but and if, why and wherefore, don't hold your breath.