Author Topic: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust  (Read 171641 times)

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
Re: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
George and his wife have been very generous and we are so over whelmed with there generosity. We didn't loose all the money to the camper and George has been generous enough to build a camper for us for the price we had left which is very cheap for a good quality camper. Freight however was a huge amount, as its from WA and we are FNQ. We are also trying to think of a way and when we could get over there ourselves as there is no way we want to take this generous offer up without meeting these wonderful people! We didn't want to post it on here as we thought they might not appreciate that yet. We are also just that 1% hopeful we would get our money back and would be able to pay George the full amount but does not think that is going to happen after seeing the debt they are in. But we have been in contact with George and have been so excited that we still get a chance at getting a camper.
We are so glad for you and Melissa, hope it is everything you wanted in a trailer. I am sure it is. Hope our outcome is more positive than we think it will be. Like I said at the bottom of this forum, we have been through the mill before and survived, hope we can this time, although we are older and just so depressed about all of this.

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »
George and Teresa, you are both champs.

:cup:
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
George and Theresa are people that we would all hope to meet in the world! They are the meaning of true Australians!

We are so grateful for everyone's offer of donations, we don't expect that at all we are just grateful for everyone's kind words and support. It's a shame that the company and family went bust and many people not just us lose money and campers. But we have have been lucky enough to have George and Theresa helping us out.

Julie, lets hope the outcome is better then what we are expecting and then yous could put the money towards getting the half done trailer fixed. Try be positive! We are all in this together.
Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
Thanks for those words Luke. John and I were saying if someone could help you and Melissa it would be something. We just felt so sorry for you both and after talking to Melissa and also hearing of her health issues last week, got me so upset. We were saying it nearly always hurts the innocent and in this case Melissa and you and your young family. I just hope they do not come after us. For what we do have is less than half of what we had on order. THese people helping you must be "the salt of the earth" real Aussies. You meet some every now and then. We are so happy for you both, now I also hope Melissa can relax a little and not be too stressed like she was at the end of the week. We may one day be able to take our family out in a finished trailer, but a long long way off yet I think.

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
Luke when we seen you and your young family we couldnt help to feel sorry for what you are going thru as we have a similar age daughter ,son in law and young grandkids in Brissy and like you they have to save hard to get what they want.I still think they stuped to very low morals in the end and unless im wrong were prepared to take deposits and not build .You want to bring that up at that meeting.You might have read in previous post of mine thats exactly what they were going to do to us at the start of this month.
I know what you mean, we have had to use money from my husband's retirement fund. Just sucks, as we have waited for so long for this. Took us years to make up our minds and now this.

class b

« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
Hi Everyone, what can I say but my heart goes out to all that have been left out of pocket and without trailers.
My name is Rob Moore and I am the original owner of Jimboomba Camper Trailers,And like a lot of you ,I too have
been added to the creditors list,Although we can't comment too much
at this stage due to Legal Matters,We will keep you all up to Date on whats happening as soon as possible.
We have the First creditors meeting this Friday,
this may give us a better idea where things are heading,and give us some direction.
I'd also like to Thank those who have shown support for me earlier in the forum it is appreciated .
There is so much more I want to say but I'm lost for words.
Thanks Rob

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »
Hi Rob cant beleive it this saga just keeps getting deeper and deeper.
Good luck all this friday from a Jimboomba owner.
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
So has there been any word/sighting of the "Current owners"

Hes supposed to be driving a crane in town?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
It was good to talk to you yesterday Rob,
I am sorry to hear what has happened to you, as well as the ct purchasers who are out of pocket.
We are all keeping our fingers crossed that things can work out for the better for everyone involved.
No doubt you have the support of the myswag members.

Heres hoping you can achieve what you mentioned.

Best of luck.

If I can be of any help please dont hesitate to call, my number and email are on the thread, or pm me.

Kind regards
Paul Butler.

Offline ranger-jules

• Swag User
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Hi Rob, my husband and I are some of those people stung by this. The outcome looks bleak for us all. Not too sure what will happen next. Disappointment is quite high in our house right now. Still we will wait and see. It is a shame as Jimboomba campers had a terrific reputation and that is why we went for one. We hesitated for years, stupidly! If only we had got one a lot sooner we would have been okay. Looked at them when you were still in charge and just could not make up our minds at the time. Good luck and hope you can bring it back to life as it was an icon of this area.  Being a local it hurts quite a bit driving past it. Having our little granddaughter keep saying "They're making our trailer in there" and "when will we be getting it?" SHe lives with us so is very interested and involved, even at age 4!  Good luck. Hope you can get things going again.
I will be off the net for awhile as we are changing our provider, so any messages from tomorrow onwards may go unanswered.
Ranger Jules.

Offline pop toppers

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
hi,my name is mary, my husband and i were also ripped off by jimboomba campers,we also went to the camping show ,where we seen there trailers,we just wanted a box trailer as we already have a camper trailer which we were selling,we also have a jayco pop top pengiun which we love. we got done for $1880 which doesn`t seem much when i see how much some others got done for,our camper trailer can be seperated as we want to keep the trailer as we need one now,we want to sell the top,which has a king size bed and it has two large rooms and is made of heavy duty canvas ,it bolts on to 7x5 tailer selling for $1000,

Online GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02:10 PM »
we want to sell the top,which has a king size bed and it has two large rooms and is made of heavy duty canvas ,it bolts on to 7x5 tailer selling for $1000,

Welcome to the Forum Mary, it would be a good idea to put this up in the classifieds area so as not to get lost in this thread.

GG

Offline Kydar

• Swag User
  • Australia, Love it or Leave it.
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
Unfortunate to hear that Rob Moore is on the creditors list. I would just like to say during this terrible time for some, it's a credit to Rob for creating a great name and reputation for all the jimboomba campers out there traveling the country.
2014 Nissan Patrol with mods
2012 Lifestyle Walkthru.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #263 on: November 28, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
Good luck for the meeting Friday for the people affected. I hope there is some clarity for everyone.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:05:08 AM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline hotboostgt

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #264 on: November 28, 2012, 09:27:28 PM »
Guys if you payed with your credit card , go to your bank they can reverse the transaction.
Customline off road deluxe 11/08 12ft tent full annex blue/beige
Nissan trail STL Luxury

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
Guys if you payed with your credit card , go to your bank they can reverse the transaction.

Yep ours has done that for bad transactions before.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »
Quote from: hotboostgt
I believe they were asking for bank transfers.. this was mentioned earlier but was a no go.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline hotboostgt

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
Bank transfers your money is gone ! Paypal credit you're covered .
Customline off road deluxe 11/08 12ft tent full annex blue/beige
Nissan trail STL Luxury

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
We have already offered Luke a camper at a ridiculous price when we first herd about it and they are thinking about it still no reply it just needs to be freighted from Perth

George

George, you are a true gentleman! I am so glad we choose to build our trailer with Follow Me Campers and support a 100% local and compassionate company that really cares. Your business deserves to be truly recognised by the wider industry for building such a quality product and your approach to helping others out. Keep up the quality build and i'm sure many "second" purchasers just like us, will realise it's not all about the price on the outside of the box.

Sorry for the Hijack...

Darren & Karen
2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline Followme1

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Follow Me Campers
« Reply #269 on: November 28, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »
Thanks for the support Darren, we build the best quality we can and sometimes it's nice to be able to help out.

At the end of the day we all work hard for our money.
George
http://www.followmecampers.com.au

Offline Ozzie Campers

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »
We are a CT retailer in Townsville. We were doing very well with Desert Edge campers when Telwater pulled the pin on the campers to concentrate on the boats. Unbelievable!

We did a deal with Terry and Sue at Jimboomba. I even flew 2 of us down there to visit the factory. I ordered 4 campers from the Barcoo up to the Daintree. I paid my deposit on all 4 campers 1 week before the administrators took over. You can't tell me they didn't know what was happening....now they have $20 in their bank account!

Anyway lost money aside, I hope that things might have a turn for the better and Jimboomba Campers will trade again with us as the outlet up here.

Tim

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
We are a CT retailer in Townsville. We were doing very well with Desert Edge campers when Telwater pulled the pin on the campers to concentrate on the boats. Unbelievable!

We did a deal with Terry and Sue at Jimboomba. I even flew 2 of us down there to visit the factory. I ordered 4 campers from the Barcoo up to the Daintree. I paid my deposit on all 4 campers 1 week before the administrators took over. You can't tell me they didn't know what was happening....now they have $20 in their bank account!

Anyway lost money aside, I hope that things might have a turn for the better and Jimboomba Campers will trade again with us as the outlet up here.

Tim

How do people stoop this low .As ive said previously we are the lucky ones here who didnt pay the deposit to Sue 3 weeks ago as the wife found the seconhand one.Low lifes .Sorry >:(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:41:21 PM by bushbandit »
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Paul Mac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Bolwell Edge
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:40 PM »
We all have a responsibility to ensure these people never reserect themselves in the C/T manufacturing business ever again.

I didn't want to buy into this but having been in the finiance industry for nearly 40 years I can tell you these people knew EXACTLY what they were doing in the weeks leading up to the company going into Administration.

Unfortunately with corporate laws these days it is unlikely they will be held to account for their actions. In my book it's stealing. Plain and simple theft.

Cheers

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »
We all have a responsibility to ensure these people never reserect themselves in the C/T manufacturing business ever again.

I didn't want to buy into this but having been in the finiance industry for nearly 40 years I can tell you these people knew EXACTLY what they were doing in the weeks leading up to the company going into Administration.
agree. speically insisting on money up front for trailers unfinished, late being delivered and still taking money at the show.

I still wanna know are they around or did they buy Christopher Skases house?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Paul Mac

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Bolwell Edge
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Maybe they couldn't afford the ticket to Majorka Bruce......lol

You watch though........they'll be back.