Author Topic: V8 Supercar Champs  (Read 114323 times)

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: V8 Supercar Champs
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2014, 08:18:52 PM »
I saw him in a sprint car also a few weeks ago, coming last still lol
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2014, 08:55:11 PM »
He has a HUGE history of if he can't past cleanly, he'll shove his way through. Usually at the detriment of the driver(s) being passed. At Bathurst in the Dunlop Series, he got a Drive through for an un-safe re-entry to the track. Careless and dangerous. Complete effing idiot!! FPR could have done a whole lot better than rely on "Daddy's Money".

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
“I’ve always rated Chaz,” Morris told Speedcafe.com.

Umm that's cause he is twice the driver you will ever be already.  ;D

"It is expected that Morris will also assist FPR to acquire sponsorship and advise the team on race strategy throughout the season."

Yeah, don't do what I dosed you will do fine lol

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2014, 09:42:28 PM »
I knew it was too good to be true when he sold his REC last year.

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »
and the other thing that is really bugging me is the TV rights now for 2015 and beyond. Deal was done for channel 10 and now it has onsold to payTV.

Channel 10 are only going to show 6 of the races for the year live and free to air. If you want to see the rest of the races live and not delayed till some stupid time, you now have to pay for your tv viewing.

Not happy with this at all

and yeah, PM is a tool
Cheers, Craig

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »
and the other thing that is really bugging me is the TV rights now for 2015 and beyond. Deal was done for channel 10 and now it has onsold to payTV.

Channel 10 are only going to show 6 of the races for the year live and free to air. If you want to see the rest of the races live and not delayed till some stupid time, you now have to pay for your tv viewing.

and yeah, PM is a tool

I wouldn't be surprised if "delayed" is only by 30mins to an hour. I highly doubt it will be a case of showing it at 9 or 10pm.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if "delayed" is only by 30mins to an hour. I highly doubt it will be a case of showing it at 9 or 10pm.

You would like to think that, but I have so bad feeling.   I reckon they will lose a big fan base, as most of their fans can't afford pay tv.

I can afford it, but won't be getting just to watch the v8s. So we will see how much my interest goes, considering there is not many rounds I have missed for over 10 years

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
You would like to think that, but I have so bad feeling.   I reckon they will lose a big fan base, as most of their fans can't afford pay tv.

I can afford it, but won't be getting just to watch the v8s. So we will see how much my interest goes, considering there is not many rounds I have missed for over 10 years

It would be a big step backwards in television if they do. 3 channels - One, Ten, Eleven to choose from. Not like the "old days" any more so no reason why they can't delay it by an hour........................except for $$$$$'s. I have Foxtel, so I'm not fussed. I might even be able to expand my friendship base because of it.

Bring on Clipsal for me this week. Better than TV. Never missed one and same seat for 7 years.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »
Yeah that is true I guess, forgot about all those other channels that 10 own. Have fun this weekend.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:39 PM »
Quote from: oldmate
Yeah that is true I guess, forgot about all those other channels that 10 own. Have fun this weekend.
It sounds like the AFL where fans are being left behind for big corporate $$$... like most grandfinal tickets not even being sold to the public
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2014, 12:15:46 AM »

and yeah, PM is a tool

The deal from the onset was always a joint between 10, foxtel and fox sports - 10 havent "onsold" to paytv. Full details for 2015 coverage havent yet been announced officially, however the 6 live races is the current rumour.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/02/17/v8s-set-confirm-2015-free-air-details/
I dont have fox and I will be extremely disappointed if this is the case, but the $$$ for selling the TV rights mean more than whos watching it. I wont be paying to watch TV anytime soon, no need I got a couple of mates who have it so just gives me an excuse to drink some beers with them ;D

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Prado120

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »
I was at the Sydney test day as a guest of Volvo (i work in a Volvo dealership) and the cars sound so much different to any of the others and really quiet as well, talking to the Volvo Australia staff they are very passionate about having a car in the V8 supercars, believe it or not there are some massive revheads that work for Volvo, not a cardigan insight  :cup:
Stu.
Prado 120, lifted, snorkel, bullbar, UHF and 2 kid's seats! Originally an 2007 MDC camper now modified beyond recognition!

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »
I was at the Sydney test day as a guest of Volvo (i work in a Volvo dealership) and the cars sound so much different to any of the others and really quiet as well, talking to the Volvo Australia staff they are very passionate about having a car in the V8 supercars, believe it or not there are some massive revheads that work for Volvo, not a cardigan insight  :cup:
Stu.

Mate of mine also works in a Volvo dealership and is a massive rev head. Recently went to Tas for some junket.

Offline Prado120

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
I am the parts manager at our dealership and missied out on the Tassie trip by 25 points  :'( but one of our salesmen came first in our region and did the trip but couldnt get excited about going to Tassie, having dinner at Moorilla estate (great wine and even better beer) quad biking etc didnt seem to appeal to him, must be a salesman thing  :P
Which dealership is your mate fromMDS69 i may know him.
Stu.
Prado 120, lifted, snorkel, bullbar, UHF and 2 kid's seats! Originally an 2007 MDC camper now modified beyond recognition!

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »
BJR one two after qualifying.  lee holdsworth third, rick Kelly 5th and Scotty McLachlan (freakin auto spell) in the Volvo 8th.

Not a bad effort first up. One of each of the foreigners in the top 10.  Good to see holdsworth have a good run after his annus horribilus last year.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:18:29 PM by Mace »
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2014, 03:16:13 PM »
Just watched qualifying for race two tomorrow. Five different manufacturers in the top six cars. Young Scott McLachlan has put the Volvo into P2. Great result for its maiden year. Could be a very interesting year for V8 supercars this year.

Offline martyst

• Tent User
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »
Great effort for a young fella and a good result for Volvo in the first race of the year. Will be a very interesting year with so many manufacturers in the top 10. Who would have thought.

Offline berlitza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
Great effort for a young fella and a good result for Volvo in the first race of the year. Will be a very interesting year with so many manufacturers in the top 10. Who would have thought.

x2, what an eye opener that was, didnt think that would happen
All my life, I thought air was free...until I bought a bag of chips

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »
Just watched qualifying for race two tomorrow. Five different manufacturers in the top six cars. Young Scott McLachlan has put the Volvo into P2. Great result for its maiden year. Could be a very interesting year for V8 supercars this year.

:cup: great effort I reckon

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »
x2, what an eye opener that was, didnt think that would happen

Betcha Betty is scratching her head.........Volvo P2 in the 1st outing !!

But Dahlgren will struggle....don't care how talented you are overseas, it's hard to get up to speed in the supercars..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »
Betcha Betty is scratching her head.........Volvo P2 in the 1st outing !!

But Dahlgren will struggle....don't care how talented you are overseas, it's hard to get up to speed in the supercars..

Yeah but I think he and Gary are both aware of this.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
Stu.

I think it will do the Volvo brand a lot of good. People are becoming bored with the Merc, Bimmer and VAG stuff.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »

Considering he has not seen/raced or been on the circuit, I think he has heaps of potential for the future and Garry Rogers is a master of picking talent.  :cup:

Garry Rogers also bats way above his team potential financially in competing, I like him very much and he has an eye for talent!  :cheers:

Foo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:29:42 PM by Foo »
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2014, 09:13:12 PM »
Garry Rogers is a master of picking talent.

You mean the same bloke who sacked the most dominant touring car driver Australia has had? 8)

As for the Volvo.  Fingers crossed Valvoline commit to a full season a major sponsor, cause that S60 is by far the best looking car on the grid.