Author Topic: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond  (Read 16778 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
:cup: 100% correct you are.
there is a real reason they have a full time Security guard / come Bouncer inside thier office, and that they have lock down and evacuation procedures for both staff and the other "clients" also. When my misses worked at Medicare they never had to call the Police to her work, but now her location has merged with Centrelink, Police being called to thier office is a fairly regular thing. Numerous people are banned from centres all around the country due to thier behaviour (they actually have a special phone number to call if they need to speak to someone), I wouldn't last a week working there putting up with the behaviour of many of thier "clients", I'd react in a way that would leave me unemployed. I have plenty of stories I could tell of what goes on at thier centre, the real scary part is that hers is one of the better centres to work at compared to certain other centres.

You'd be big enough and ugly enough to give someone a decent slap.
You'd be like me i reckon, only so much lip can tolerated before said lip develops a nasty split.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
Although I passed the medical for my new job with ease, my BMI puts me on the border of obese. The old man had a heart attack at 57, then a stroke, diabetes and finally succumbed to brain cancer when he was 64. So I am determined to get my butt in gear and get back to my healthy weight range before I turn 50 in December. I need to lose about 15kg so hopefully with a change of diet and committing to riding to work each day, I won’t have to give up too much  :cheers:

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:10 PM »
Have a look here Rocky ...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTIXh8Nnj0
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42IebO1lTI
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVpIvZcItQ
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhIrO--tzyM
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:13:08 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2019, 06:59:40 AM »
Have a look here Rocky ...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTIXh8Nnj0
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42IebO1lTI
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVpIvZcItQ
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhIrO--tzyM
Thanks Edz, will do.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2019, 07:33:13 AM »
Umm, Chester, hate to be a pain in the bum :angel:, but you do realise that going camping is just a bit cheaper than an Alaskan cruise, don't you ??? >:D

Yeah but i dont like to do things in halves
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2019, 08:17:36 AM »
so has ours....we won't be picking up our new van this year now, more on that hopefully next week though.
well it took 3 weeks, but with our deposit money finally repaid back to us now, I will reveal why our plans changed.......
We had a Lifestyle AT2 van on order that we were supposed to receive this May, orderded it back in 2018 at a Brisbane show. Out of the blue 3 weeks ago I received a phone call telling me the company owner had concerns over the weight of the van, and in short the sales guy I was speaking with was suggesting this was due to the layout of the van we had chosen and the extras we had added to the van....i was made to feel this was our fault with the way he worded the conversation, even though we only really added things that were on thier list of extras available (internal gas heater, another solar panel, and a third battery...we went for thier separate shower and toilet set up they had as an option also). I was informed the owner was no longer going to be making the AT2 van, and that 9 of thier customers were getting the same phone call we were getting. We were given the option to continue on with our build or we could cancel our order and get our deposit back,  but basically if we went ahead with it we'd end up with a van that had no payload...told we'd have to pack it very sparingly, but knowing how bad most manufacturers are with thier weights, this likely really meant no chance of ever staying legal with it on the road . So if the owner of the company has concerns with  it's weights, then we would be foolish to go ahead with such a build was our decision, but apparently last I had heard atleast 2 of the 9 people contacted were still going ahead with thier builds (could be more, that was the morning after the initial calls I was told that number).  Lifestyle are now going to make a dual axle version of the van to overcome the staying legal issue, they have made one van already and possibly I think finished the second one recently also....they wanted to check the weights of the second van and couldn't give us any pricing on what the new set up would cost.
Upside to this all is we bought a secondhand van for less then half the cost of what we we were going to spend originally, the misses suggested I could buy a brand new work Ute with the money saved, and this is what I'll be doing
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2019, 08:20:36 AM »
well it took 3 weeks, but with our deposit money finally repaid back to us now, I will reveal why our plans changed.......
We had a Lifestyle AT2 van on order that we were supposed to receive this May, orderded it back in 2018 at a Brisbane show. Out of the blue 3 weeks ago I received a phone call telling me the company owner had concerns over the weight of the van, and in short the sales guy I was speaking with was suggesting this was due to the layout of the van we had chosen and the extras we had added to the van....i was made to feel this was our fault with the way he worded the conversation, even though we only really added things that were on thier list of extras available (internal gas heater, another solar panel, and a third battery...we went for thier separate shower and toilet set up they had as an option also). I was informed the owner was no longer going to be making the AT2 van, and that 9 of thier customers were getting the same phone call we were getting. We were given the option to continue on with our build or we could cancel our order and get our deposit back,  but basically if we went ahead with it we'd end up with a van that had no payload...told we'd have to pack it very sparingly, but knowing how bad most manufacturers are with thier weights, this likely really meant no chance of ever staying legal with it on the road . So if the owner of the company has concerns with  it's weights, then we would be foolish to go ahead with such a build was our decision, but apparently last I had heard atleast 2 of the 9 people contacted were still going ahead with thier builds (could be more, that was the morning after the initial calls I was told that number).  Lifestyle are now going to make a dual axle version of the van to overcome the staying legal issue, they have made one van already and possibly I think finished the second one recently also....they wanted to check the weights of the second van and couldn't give us any pricing on what the new set up would cost.
Upside to this all is we bought a secondhand van for less then half the cost of what we we were going to spend originally, the misses suggested I could buy a brand new work Ute with the money saved, and this is what I'll be doing

I reckon long term you'll be happier anyway - AND a new truck :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »
I reckon long term you'll be happier anyway - AND a new truck :)
reckon you are right there

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2019, 08:36:32 AM »
Quote from: Rumpig
reckon you are right there
So whats the new tug gonna be? + Drop hitch :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
So whats the new tug gonna be? + Drop hitch :)
no new tug, that's what the 79 is sitting in the garage for....new ute won't have a towbar on it, might just get a workmate hilux, though debating on if to get a petrol or diesel. Thought about a Triton as they are cheap, but I not sure yet...likely go the Toyota.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »

So I guess the upside is the Manufactures are aware of their weights and trying to do something about it.  We have looked at the AT2 and they are becoming a pretty large unit.  Interesting to see what they bring out to replace it.  Good that you got your money back. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
So I guess the upside is the Manufactures are aware of their weights and trying to do something about it.  We have looked at the AT2 and they are becoming a pretty large unit.  Interesting to see what they bring out to replace it.  Good that you got your money back.
yes it is a good thing they are looking at thier weights....i did wonder if it's by thier choice alone, or if it has arisen through other reasons?

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2019, 03:48:51 PM »
yes it is a good thing they are looking at thier weights....i did wonder if it's by thier choice alone, or if it has arisen through other reasons?

True.  When looking at the different weights of different camper/hybrids/vans apart from being a bit of a minefield at times, you have to seriously wander with some of the figures. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2019, 05:38:32 PM »
l might just make an Exodus with a 14 & take it to the horizon  . Stay a while then go somewhere else . That seems to be a plan  .                            :cheers:                  :cup:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline ivan

• Tent User
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2019, 07:57:23 PM »
i have taken 12mths leave from Ambulance after 23yrs. Back to being a carpenter for council . Every weekend off 9day fortnight NO night shift. See how it is going at the end of the year. So far this year I have camped every second weekend.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »
i have taken 12mths leave from Ambulance after 23yrs. Back to being a carpenter for council . Every weekend off 9day fortnight NO night shift. See how it is going at the end of the year. So far this year I have camped every second weekend.

Congratulations Ivan, I would imagine after 23 years in the job you will need that time away and maybe more. I'm aware of the toll the job has on you good folk,  and time away can only be a positive.

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »
Hopefully a new job/career and take it from there.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595