Author Topic: Just thinking out a loud. ITS ON, IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN  (Read 8531 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Just thinking out a loud. ITS ON, IT'S GUNNA HAPPEN
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:45:53 PM »
In Sept, we'll be moving from Tin Can to our acreage in the Locker Valley. (20 mins out of Gatton or Lowood or 30mins from Esk)

Over the Xmas break, Yeah-Yeah, I know its still 7 months away, but i'm thinking of opening our place up to some swaggers during the Xmas to New Year week.

We'll have loads of room, (12 acres) and i'm sure we can find some things for people to do... to visit... kick around a footy etc.
You can go swimming in the dam and I reckon we could set up a BBQ there as a communal cook off spot.
We could even have our own "Boxing Day Ashes Series" that's guaranteed to have ball tapering of some form or another.  :cup:
I've got a top spot to have a campfire with oodles of space around it.
Ya gotta have a fire, even if it is still 35 degrees at 9pm. (We have oodles of firewood on hand as well)

We would need to bring in a toilet/shower block rental to cover the week, cause ya not crapping in my Shitter.
Either one for the girls and one for the boys or just one with set hours for each gender, so no girls get embarrassed.

Would, people be prepared to chip in to cover the cost of a portable Shitter/shower block?

Not looking to make any money, just cover costs.......  :angel:

Geez, I reckon, we could even supply a Santa Claus to make an appearance.

By the time we get moved in, renovate the kitchen and do few things, Xmas will be pretty much on us.

As I said, just kicking this around for the moment......  Reply if you think you be up for it. (Don't PM me, just bung ya name on if interested)
I would try to limit it to maybe 15 campsites..... that's around 30 adults plus and snot pickers.

This is the area we'd set everyone up in.

https://i2.au.reastatic.net/1383x697-resize,extend,r=33,g=40,b=46/5decd6783b2b849c2bfefc8219253a99b9f305a6c52463edd9c7d4dd6cb1e3e2/image12.jpg

This is what we call the round yard and we'd set up the fire pit in the centre. (Bit dry when this shot was taken)

https://i2.au.reastatic.net/1383x697-resize,extend,r=33,g=40,b=46/1373c756616b8edee84cac202183001b70b91e5cfb4e6b70be4ad39f876a58f4/image17.jpg

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:16:49 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline UmJamila

• Swag User
Re: Just thinking out a loud on this one.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »
I'm in a different state so count me out but sounds fun! How much do those things cost to hire? You could just require ppl to be self sufficient instead?

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
Very generous offer of the usage of your property JC  :cup: I honestly have zero idea what we are up to this Xmas / New Year , the misses has to work so we aren't really planning on doing anywhere this year.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:32:11 PM »
Love the idea! Its not that much of a hike for us so we'd probably be happy to just come and go for the day perhaps. Keep us posted in what you dream up! We love meeting other MySwaggers.

Also, totally not representative of all women out there, but I couldn't really care if toilets are unisex or male/female. Whatever is easiest and cheapest would be fine with me... Just one female viewpoint...
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
Sorry buddy.........after living in Gatton for 4 years I'm not rushing back, that was 22 years ago.
The property looks beautiful but you gotta teach your mower man to mow in a straight line!

Whats happening to Tin Can, are you selling it or renting it out?

Cheers Nomad.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 03:02:59 AM »
Selling the mowing run and the house..... gunna semi-retire.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 03:36:42 AM »
I'm in a different state so count me out but sounds fun! How much do those things cost to hire? You could just require ppl to be self sufficient instead?

Well, that would be really cool if everyone can be self crapping and showering.

No loos on my part would mean no costs to the swaggers.

With that in mind, folks could spend a couple of nights or the week or even just drop out for the day and say g'day.
There'll be way less traffic out our way than most places over Xmas.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:39:24 AM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
I think it’s great just need to figure out if I have the time...
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
If a meet up eventuates, i will see what we are up to over the Xmas break JC (I have little idea what I'm up to next week, let alone at Xmas time...lol)....it's just up the road, so might look at dropping in for a night or 2 and put some faces to names. We are self sufficient, so wouldn't need any facilities. :cheers:
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 04:39:48 AM »
The only thing Mrs. Jeepers was worried about, was that we have 2 unfenced dams on the property and anyone with kids will need to consider that aspect.

"Stuff to do".....
Black Duck Creek is around 50 minutes drive form our place, so anyone who wants to tear up some tracks, would have that option.  (It would packed there though)
There is also the Lockyer State Forest if its still open which is a beginners track, so I believe.
We've got Wivenhoe Dam not too far away, Toowoomba an hour up the hill, or sit around and relax.

It will be hot out there at that time of year too.

If enough folks think its a good thing, then we'll run with the idea..... yeah, I've already said, its 7 months away, but it will be here before you know it.

Oh, if parents wanted to supply a wrapped gift for the kids, Santa  :angel: and Santa's helper  >:D would do a final delivery run Xmas morning before departing for the North Pole.  ::)

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 10:04:52 AM »
Jeepers, would be interested depending on how things land when we get back from the trip.

MarkVS
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »
Awesome opening up your block......

Re: dams, no different to the beach, creek etc.....

Re: dunny....in the past I have arrange campouts at boonah...slightly larger numbers but I just split the cost between attendees where they were self sufficient. Or not.....$10 or $20 or $30 for camping on private property is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »
Jeepers, can you get hold of, or have, a tractor with 3 point linkage. I have a 400 Ø auger here that I could pop over with for a temporary "Long Drop" setup, if the missus approved? ;D
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 01:48:35 PM »
NOOOOOOO... steffo.....  ;D

Weeds, we'll open it up for free to any swaggers.

Look, if we had to, maybe just one porta-turd-receiver would do it.   ???
I'd like to have it "user friendly".... hence the question about crappers.

Out of all the swaggers and their families that we have met thus far, no-one has been so pissed they made an arse of themselves and all the kids have been really well behaved..... that's why, we are happy to open the place up.

Over the next few weeks, I think i'll put a proper thread in the trips section and those who want to come over to the Ponderosa, will be welcome.
I know its way early, but for someone like Bill to come from Cairns, will most likely require some work juggling.

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 04:05:12 PM »
Very nice offer Jeepers it will be a good catchup.  Big move from the beach to the bush.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:18:49 PM by Sixpack »
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
Whoops, I meant everybody to cover the cost of a hire dunny I.e. $10 $20 bucks each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
That would be very cool weeds.

Hey sixpack, you gunna come a visit?

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
We hired a couple of dunnies a while ago. They were on a trailer each so it was self pick up and drop off.
We had two as there were around 50 guests. The current rate for them is $130 a day so, if you have 10 campsites, you'd probably get away with one and the cost would be $13 a site per day. Bugger all $$ for the convenience, I reckon.
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

Offline Rob Mac

• Tent User
  • My Father learning to drive 1950
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:22 PM »
Nice one Jeepers, will keep an eye out on this one, see what i am doing this time of year, but am definatley interested Keep us posted here on My Swagand the facebook page. Cheers Mate
Potatoes go with anything

Offline Rusty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 06:26:58 AM »
Hey Jeepers

Can’t make it but for the comfort of the campers how far is your house from the camping area.
I camped next to you once and never again

Rusty
2018 200 series landcruiser
2021 Jayco silverline outback

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »
ummm, about 50 metres from the house to where i'll set everyone up, so the snoring will be tolerable.

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 07:06:10 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people are self sufficient. Perhaps as time gets closer it could help to set up a poll and see who needed facilities, of those who are genuinely considering coming? You may find its a moot point if only self-sufficient campers are planning to come along!

I agree that Weed's idea of charging whether using facilities or not is likely a good way to split the cost of hiring a couple of loos if you need to - I highly doubt anyone is going to sit there policing who uses the toilets, and seems more fair to split the costs evenly across any campers using your property. I'd be happy to pitch in if I came and brought my own gear.

There's 4WDing through Murphy's Creek/Palmtree area (not sure how difficult as when we drove through there we stuck to easy stuff and didn't venture off the roads), and Ravensbourne National Park is nice for a look. Not sure exactly where you are Jeepers but should be close enough if people want to sight see? Also some back roads that may as well be "soft" 4WD tracks through Fordsdale across to Toowoomba (we drove some roads through there for a look one time that would be comparable to Mt Mee in "difficulty", though all gazetted roads... But don't ask me exactly which ones we took!  ;D )
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:14:09 AM by trinityalyce »
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 07:35:59 AM »
Will certainly be keeping this in mind, thanks very much Jeepers :cup:

Couple of thoughts

Spada is pretty good at dunnies: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=28369.msg948219#msg948219

Maybe an option ??? ;D

& in regard to showers - an ensuite tent, with a HotTap or similar unit feeding off a 100l tank which is fed by pump from the dam = constant hot water. With apparently lot's of people already being self sufficient, that would probably fix up any remaining who aren't, & I reckon there would have to be at least one hot-water unit somewhere in SEQ that wasn't being used that week :D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:20 AM »
Will certainly be keeping this in mind, thanks very much Jeepers :cup:

Couple of thoughts

Spada is pretty good at dunnies: http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=28369.msg948219#msg948219

Maybe an option ??? ;D

& in regard to showers - an ensuite tent, with a HotTap or similar unit feeding off a 100l tank which is fed by pump from the dam = constant hot water. With apparently lot's of people already being self sufficient, that would probably fix up any remaining who aren't, & I reckon there would have to be at least one hot-water unit somewhere in SEQ that wasn't being used that week :D

I could drop a 1000 litre caged tank over beforehand, if thought necessary. It's clean and safe to use. Where would the water come from as I could throw in a few filters as well if from the neighbours dam?

Hmmm, would a filter restrict flow for a Hot Tap style apparatus?

Or. I could bring a 1000 litre fire tank and we could just have a "Hose Down Bay."................................and a wet T shirt comp, perhaps. :angel:
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
Quote from: Steffo1
and a wet T shirt comp, perhaps. :angel:
finally sounding like an interesting event :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home