Author Topic: BBQ  (Read 4125 times)

Offline laf

• Tent User
  • HARD FLOOR
BBQ
« on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »
 ???
WEBER or ZIGGY hard to split ? or one better    8)
laff

KingBilly

Re: BBQ
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Mate, have you done a search of the forum.  Been done to death over the years and neither BBQ has changed in years so old posts are still relevant.

KB

Offline laf

• Tent User
  • HARD FLOOR
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:31:17 AM »
thanks  ;D

Offline pabhar

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »
Get both...I have had a webber baby q with high dome lid for the camper for 5 + years and larger two burner ziggy for home (recent purchase) . Depends on what you are going to use it for and how much space you have..  The Ziggy's pump out a lot more heat that's for sure

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
???
WEBER or ZIGGY hard to split ? or one better    8)
laff
can't comment on the cooking differance, but i did measure two similar sized units a few weekends ago when camping with mates that have each, as we are thinking the same question also.
The ziggy looks heaps bigger....and whilst it is bigger in length, height and width, it's not as much as it looks...the shape makes it look bigger then it is. If space is at a premium then the Webber is the winner we concluded...we still didn't think one was heaps better then the other after seeing them in action practically side by side.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
can't comment on the cooking differance, but i did measure two similar sized units a few weekends ago when camping with mates that have each, as we are thinking the same question also.
The ziggy looks heaps bigger....and whilst it is bigger in length, height and width, it's not as much as it looks...the shape makes it look bigger then it is. If space is at a premium then the Webber is the winner we concluded...we still didn't think one was heaps better then the other after seeing them in action practically side by side.

Can you fold the lid underneath on the Weber Mal? The ziggy’s lid folds underneath reducing its height significantly.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
Can you fold the lid underneath on the Weber Mal? The ziggy’s lid folds underneath reducing its height significantly.
i believe you can remove the Webber lids and they sit it inside them, though I don't know what's involved in doing it....personally that would annoy me having to do that. I reckon people can argue till the cows come home over which is better then the other, I have no idea even after seeing both in action side by side...lol.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hewy54

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »
Both simply involve a style of cooking. Using the lid down creates a better flavour and a moister meal. There are other cookers around that also involve lid down cooking.
We went for the Ziggy as it gives a larger cooking area, higher heat output (to be able to cook with the lid up), and more importantly because the lid folds back under giving it a smaller packing size than the Webber.
Both units are now made in China, the Ziggy is exclusive to BBQ Galore.

80 Series
Vista Crossover XL

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »
Just remember more heat equals more gas. I have a q, my mate has a ziggy. I can get a long weekend out of a 500g coleman gas bottle with the baby q. He can almost cook breakfast..... just kidding but there is a difference. If I had to take the lid off the Q to make it fit I wouldn't buy one. BBQ's should be simple. Get one that fits in the first place.

KingBilly

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »
If you like your meat tender and juicy, then you would never cook with anything other than a Webber (with its lid down cooking method).

KB

Offline Hewy54

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »
If you like your meat tender and juicy, then you would never cook with anything other than a Webber (with its lid down cooking method).

KB
If you like your meat tender and juicy, then you would never cook with anything other than a closed lid type BBQ

80 Series
Vista Crossover XL

Offline laf

• Tent User
  • HARD FLOOR
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »
After reading your posts I wish to thank you for your imput.  I have brought a Ziggy because I can cook lid down for the best juiciest steaks or cook lid up with a full hot plate (not half) and watch and smell my bacon and eggs cooking
Thanks againLAF :cup:

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 06:09:44 PM »
If you like your meat tender and juicy, then you would never cook with anything other than a closed lid type BBQ

What actually does the lid do ? How does it stop it drying out ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Pebble

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »
Was debating the same recently. Ended up going for the ziggy.

In the end probably because we already have a 2 burner one at home so we know how they cook. Never tasted a better bbq than cooking with lid down, but in saying that it is handy that it throws out enough heat to cook with lid up.

I like how the plates lock in place when you're travelling (not sure if they do on the Webber too?). Was worried about them bouncing around otherwise.
2015 LC Dual Cab
2017 Trakmaster Gibson