Author Topic: Thermomix  (Read 63226 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
Re: Thermomix
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »
That would be good Barrabart, the first egg attempt ended badly.

i hope this helps

TM5?

My wife got me one night too, I was very drunk!!!! VERY DRUNK!!!!!!!!!

It has arrived and so far she hasn't had much time to learn how to master it. So I'm still waiting for my good feed. Oh, and apparently it does not make beer. I asked the question for the price of it!!

:)

hehehe ..... ways and means to achieve results !!!!
have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
My wife is driving me nuts for one of these things but I'm trying to not yield to the pressure!!!

Swannie

i can feel a weak moment arising ..... would it help if i uploaded more pics??? .... more recipes ???
have you ever noticed, that whenever you run into a spiderweb, you turn into a ninja?!

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2014, 01:34:43 PM »
my wife is doing the same so I just drag out all the cooking appliances that she rarely, or has never used and suggests that these need to be used before adding another to collect dust :)

fish finder mine all went .... i got rid of the blender, food processor, mix master,  hand beater and have no regrets ....

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

i can feel a weak moment arising ..... would it help if i uploaded more pics??? .... more recipes ???

Yep... Can it make beer?

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »
lol.... I don't drink it ... so even if it did I would not attempt it ....blurt!! ..... but the slushie cocktails are divine.....

*BARRABART*.... just for research and sharing purposes .... I might have to make a few of my favourites ...just show swannie my style of drinks .....(you up for it when you get home???)

Offline jj

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »
Ahh the thermomix. We are just about to have a tuna pasta followed by custard, from the thermo. Expensive but doesn't sit in the cupboard like other appliances tend to. Hopefully there's enough room on the bench to fit the food vac machine i'm giving her for Christmas.

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2014, 08:04:28 PM »

*BARRABART*.... just for research and sharing purposes .... I might have to make a few of my favourites ...just show swannie my style of drinks .....(you up for it when you get home???)

Of course, up for "almost" anything in the name of research! ;D
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2014, 06:32:44 AM »
my prediction so far is correct the missus went out and got one 2nd hand have had it since Thursday and it has not been moved or looked at since - I was going to make a pumpkin soup in it to freeze for when we next go camping but thought better of it I will see how long it takes before the badly needed appliance is used. Shed space is shrinking even more.
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline phatassphairy

• Swag User
  • BarraBarts better half
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2014, 08:11:15 AM »
my prediction so far is correct the missus went out and got one 2nd hand have had it since Thursday and it has not been moved or looked at since - I was going to make a pumpkin soup in it to freeze for when we next go camping but thought better of it I will see how long it takes before the badly needed appliance is used. Shed space is shrinking even more.

that is so sad mate!!!! .... did it come with a cook book? ... get on line and google search recipes .... and you get into it !!! .......  I would never be able to spend those sort of dollars and let it sit still also I would hate to have ole Barrabart be feeling so disappointed in my actions, I feel a bit heart broken for you fishfinder .... the second I had my hands on it .. I was like a mad woman I was up till 2am I made biscuits, dips, sorbets, fresh fruit ice-cream, slices,  lasagne,  white sauces, hollandaise  sauce..... I am so shocked that your wife lacks enthusiasm...I do hope she finds the magic that goes with the thermo cause they are great and such a time saver and once you have got a recipe the way you like it ... it comes out perfect everytime . .... Good luck

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
that is so sad mate!!!! .... did it come with a cook book? ... get on line and google search recipes .... and you get into it !!! .......  I would never be able to spend those sort of dollars and let it sit still also I would hate to have ole Barrabart be feeling so disappointed in my actions, I feel a bit heart broken for you fishfinder .... the second I had my hands on it .. I was like a mad woman I was up till 2am I made biscuits, dips, sorbets, fresh fruit ice-cream, slices,  lasagne,  white sauces, hollandaise  sauce..... I am so shocked that your wife lacks enthusiasm...I do hope she finds the magic that goes with the thermo cause they are great and such a time saver and once you have got a recipe the way you like it ... it comes out perfect everytime . .... Good luck
I know at the end of the day I will be using it - the kids were cooking yesterday and needed help blending some stuff so I took out the old blender that the wife has never used and had a chuckle looking at this thermomix thing whilst using the old dinosaur. I am hoping some one that has one will get her using it but I aint holding me breath

Offline Terry W4

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Retired - loving every minute of it
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2014, 01:06:37 PM »
Expensive

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:08:17 PM by Terry W4 »
Terry - Canberra ACT
2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2009 Swan Outback
Blog Travels with Terry: https://terrywalls.wordpress.com

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
Ours is used everyday.. Well so I am told... Is in that weird room where the stove thingy is
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline 2impulsiv

• Tent User
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
Yep... Can it make beer?

Swannie

My first question to the sales rep when she was doing the demonstration!! She didn't see the funny side!?!

:cheers:

2012 GIC Extreme Off-Road Camping Trailer. Here!
2014 GXL Prado. Here!

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2015, 05:50:17 AM »
over 6 weeks now and still has not touched it

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:14 AM »

I'll give a $500  >:D

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2015, 07:33:08 AM »
Should put the bills under it. Heavy enough for paper weight >:D >:D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline 2impulsiv

• Tent User
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »

My wife is sitting next to me defending your partner.. The Thermo Club seem to stick together!!

But on another not she recommends making the banana bread. I personally don't like bananas.......

:)

2012 GIC Extreme Off-Road Camping Trailer. Here!
2014 GXL Prado. Here!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 05:55:28 AM »
Ours is getting used pretty much everyday, in fact the missus went to a Thermomix cooking class last night. I'm liking the dips, sorbets and choc/banana smoothie :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2015, 06:08:07 AM »
Glad I do 98% of the cooking in my house so swmbo couldn't care less about one of these.
I really enjoy cooking so I personally dont want it easier or faster...
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »
7 weeks tomorrow - thinking a 240 volt fire pit is its next job

Offline poidda

• Swag User
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
Has anyone ever asked their "friend" how much they make from a sale if they convince you it's a must have appliance.

This is the amway, or tuppaware of the decade.  I'm well over "friends" telling me that they must do a demo for "me"!

When in Germany last year you can get one off the shelf for $600.  I'm thinking of buying a dozen next time I'm there and "gift" them to my "friends" for a small mark-up!

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Has anyone ever asked their "friend" how much they make from a sale if they convince you it's a must have appliance.

This is the amway, or tuppaware of the decade.  I'm well over "friends" telling me that they must do a demo for "me"!

When in Germany last year you can get one off the shelf for $600.  I'm thinking of buying a dozen next time I'm there and "gift" them to my "friends" for a small mark-up!
they make nothing on them - have you ever seen a friend selling amway, Tupperware or that make up stuff in a flash car ?

Offline poidda

• Swag User
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
they make nothing on them - have you ever seen a friend selling amway, Tupperware or that make up stuff in a flash car ?

Oh no.  You don't think you get invited to a Tupperware party for fun?!  Why not just have a plain old party.

read this before you're "friend" asks you over for the next party.
http://money.howstuffworks.com/pyramid-scheme2.htm

Offline heath74

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »
I take your point poidda, but you are off the money on Thermomix there is no financial kick back. I think you might get some accessories if there are purchases at a party.

Offline poidda

• Swag User
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:21 AM »
I take your point poidda, but you are off the money on Thermomix there is no financial kick back. I think you might get some accessories if there are purchases at a party.

This is where this type of sales tactic really winds me up.  The consultants (your "friends" and family) will make you think they are doing you are real big favour by "helping" you buy a product.  It is hard to find a exactly what each machines brings in for the consultant as that may annoy the "friend" who you sold to.  Yes it is a sales job.

Have a look at some of these posts.  Better still, if you bought a Thermomix through your friend, ask them how much they made out of the sale to you.  Surely if they are a friend they'd refund the commission.

https://www.facebook.com/thermomixinaustralia/posts/680815111960752

Here's a few quotes from the facebook group.

"To top that off - if you don't sell anything YOU DON'T EVEN GET A PAYCHECK for all your work!!!!!!"

"I've been a consultant for over 2.5 years and there has only been one month with no sales, the other months I often earn more than $2000. I am NOT a salesperson, all I do is demonstrate the Thermomix and give my customers the best customer service that I can. Sales will naturally flow from that I believe."

"I'm a qualified accountant but now solely do Thermomix and I LOVE it. It is financially very rewarding"

"Babysitting costs me about $50 per demo but I'm making much more than that so costs are well and truly covered...in fact making more money than I have for a decade since leaving full-time work, and have been earning $1000+ most months since I first started. We are ahead on the mortgage, have had 5 ceiling fans put in, big bills (eg insurance) don't scare us anymore...and planning a bathroom reno. Love the financial freedom of my full-time pay from a part-time job. Having relatives who can help with babysitting is great tho, so keep that in mind!"