Author Topic: vic high country  (Read 2940 times)

Offline AdamK

• Learning the Ropes
  • im back after 6 years without myswag
vic high country
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »
Hi Team i'm planning a return trip to the vic high country this christmas. I have not been down there or on this site for about 7 years but was the first place i thought of when starting to plan.

Generally we are thinking of doing Mckillops rd from Bonang west and then Limestone rd west to Omeo.
I have a 100 series and a Modcon soft top rear fold trailer. Can anyone tell me what these roads are like these days, as i don't have a winch on the front anymore like previous trips?

Also if anyone has photos of good camp spots along this route i would appreciate it. Thanks Adam 

Offline isportfish

• Swag User
Re: vic high country
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:24:59 PM »
Hi Adam,
Limestone Rd is dirt but 2wd friendly, so won't be and issue. Gather be the same for Mckillops. Tracks off Limestone for 4wd only.

Check out Native Dog flat for camping on Limestone Rd.

Cheers
2014 PC Challenger
2009 Trak Shak Majestic

Offline AdamK

• Learning the Ropes
  • im back after 6 years without myswag
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
Thanks for that yes native dog was on my list of stops to set up for a few days and explore the surrounding fun tracks.  Same at Mckillops bridge.

Offline SambOz

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
The road from McKillops Bridge up to Black Mountain is one vehicle width only in a few places, not the location for two vehicles towing to meet.
Native Dog is very nice or go a little further north and camp on Limestone Creek.
All made 2WD roads.
You could pick any number of wanders off the Limestone Rd before arriving in Benambra.

Here is a good reference site - https://www.4x4australia.com.au/explore/vic/1704/ingeegoodbee-track-victoria
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:22:26 PM by SambOz »
The following users thanked this post: AdamK