Author Topic: G'day! Bart here from Joolca - Portable LPG Water heaters.  (Read 253977 times)

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: G'day! Bart here from Joolca - Portable LPG Water heaters.
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply. 
Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle

Offline Purdz

• Swag User
  • DOT 7 Camper DOT325
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2015, 10:22:57 PM »
Just bought a hot tap for our upcoming xmas trip. This thing is awesome! Great work joolca. Keen to purchase an ensuite from them now.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
@ feisty

My pleasure :)!

@ Purdz

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it :) Check out the video on the website (if you already haven't) - http://www.joolca.com.au/ensuite

Best thing about it is that I'm 185cm and I can stand up straight and have my hands by my head as I wash my hair (for example) and my elbows aren't restrained by the sides of the tent. Not that I flail them around like I do at discos.

It actually also works as a water saving device. After you use it for a negotiation tactic to get the lady along, you can actually jump in together and use half the water - don't quote my maths on this as I didn't use any.

Haha! All in good fun!
Instant & never ending hot water. Anywhere.

www.joolca.com.au

Offline Shaggy73

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »
Hi Bart,
I'm after the same length of hose you supplied the punter with( same camper with short hose)
Cheers Shane

Hey Bart

Do you guys sell just the shower hose?

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2015, 09:47:22 AM »
Hey Shane,

I have PM'd you!

www.joolca.com.au

Offline Homer_Jay

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2015, 09:56:10 PM »
Ordered a Hottap unit from Bart last week. Great service, arrived in about three days.  :cup:

Tried it out at home on the mains pressure and worked great. Can't wait to hook it up to a pump and use it for the camping trips. Will be a thousand times better than heating up water on the stove!

Thanks Bart  :cheers:

Cheers,
Aaron

Landcruiser 76 wagon V8 T/D

Supreme Getaway pop top 12 ft

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
Aaron, thank you for the kind words!

I absolutely love the multiplier ('a thousand times') and I will definitely take to using that, haha :)

Enjoy the warm showers and Happy Holidays!

For everyone on this forum/ thread:

I extend my warmest regards to you and your families. Merry Christmas and a safe, happy and prosperous New Year (filled with lots of travel, camping and a few cheeky ones :D!).

www.joolca.com.au

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
Used ours on our xmas trip............40 showers.

The family gave it the thumbs up.......no more boiling water as the rule was if you want a shower you have to boil your own water.

One slight issue apart from the amount of water used is the slide to turn the shower on/off is very difficult to turn back on when under pressure. I purchased the 6L/min with the unit........by difficult I mean the kids couldn't turn it on sometimes....anybody else experience the same??

Will shoot an email to Bart....other than that it's a top little unit.

Offline Tinbutt

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
Hi Bart,

Just wondering if you could give please me the myswag price for the HOTTAP unit. :)

thanks in advance.

Nick
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:27:19 PM by Tinbutt »

Offline Gunsrunner

• Tent User
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2016, 09:03:51 AM »
Used ours on our xmas trip............40 showers.

The family gave it the thumbs up.......no more boiling water as the rule was if you want a shower you have to boil your own water.

One slight issue apart from the amount of water used is the slide to turn the shower on/off is very difficult to turn back on when under pressure. I purchased the 6L/min with the unit........by difficult I mean the kids couldn't turn it on sometimes....anybody else experience the same??

Will shoot an email to Bart....other than that it's a top little unit.
When the pressure builds this can be an issue. An 8mm inline valve just below the shower head would probably work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:05:32 AM by Gunsrunner »
2014 NW VRX Pajero 3.2did
2012 Redtrack series 1 RF

Offline hansvanderdrift

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
Hi Bart

Love to get a price for a hottap and pump kit.

Thanks

Hans

tazzi

« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2016, 07:37:03 AM »
Got back late Friday from a few days away visiting family to find I had no hot water.  No way to get anything done until at least Monday.  No problem - out comes the hottap and in very short time set up with the shower rose in the downstairs shower and water connected via the washing machine tap.  Just brilliant!   :cup:   

Offline grantxx

• Tent User
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »
I purchased the full kit with pump, hoses etc, awesome service and great product all set up and mounted in my trailer, works a treat will be using for real next weekend, also got the ensuite tent great product as well, thanks Bart and all at Joolca, couple of pics on how I set it up.

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
Got back late Friday from a few days away visiting family to find I had no hot water.  No way to get anything done until at least Monday.  No problem - out comes the hottap and in very short time set up with the shower rose in the downstairs shower and water connected via the washing machine tap.  Just brilliant!   :cup:

Be careful if this is indoors, carbon monoxide kills
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

tazzi

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2016, 08:47:40 PM »
Be careful if this is indoors, carbon monoxide kills
Yep - laundry and bathroom doors and windows open at all times when in use.

Offline chrissims001

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
Howdy all. I have just read the last 6 or 7 pages of your comments. And thanks for sharing your experiences on here. Bart i am now very interested in getting one for our camper. One question,
If mounted on the front of a camper eg in a Jerry can holder or the likes, how do these handle dust,stones creek crossings etc? Or with such amounting set up do they require the protection bag accessory?
And I'd appreciate it if you could message me a price too
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2016, 02:49:16 PM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting back up here - just got back from my holidays a few days ago!

@ weeds

I did a quick search in my inbox and I don't think you emailed me yet, so, please do when you can :)

In any case, the shower head switch does give a bit of resistance under pressure. I know it is a bit hard, but, if your one seems to be too difficult to slide up and down then hit me up and I'll organise to get a replacement one out to you. It might just be that you have a very stubborn switch! Definitely annoying, so, please let me know and we'll get to the bottom of this!

@ Tinbutt

Hey Nick, have you received a message with a price yet? If not, please send me a PM with your email address - just a bit faster via email.

@ Gunsrunner

An inline valve like that would work a charm. You can use the unit with pretty much any "On" / "Off" style valve, as the pressure switch would still kick in and out.

@ hansvanderdrift

Hans! I believe we spoke over Face Time yesterday! I understand you had placed an order with us, hope it was all good?

In any case, keep me posted on the set up. Good luck with organising a place for the pump!

@ tazzi

Here's a man that can think on his feet!

Spot on The punter. Need to be careful with the release of carbon monoxide.

@ grantxx

Awesome images! Love it! I think you may have been dealing with one of the other guys while I was away as I can see some message exchanges. Hope it all worked out!

Give us a bell when you are back and ready to install to a mixer tap - we'll do the best we can to help you out :)

@ chrissims001

Hey Chris, can you also please message me with an email address and I'll respond directly. Also, if you are down for a bit of a chat please include your best contact number and I'll give you a call.

www.joolca.com.au

Offline Tinbutt

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:46 PM »
Hi Bart,

Haven't received a message yet I'll pm you my email address.

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »
Hi Bart,
Hope you enjoyed your leave. Can you pm me too!
Mine mustn't have gone through either.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »
Hi Bart,

A couple of questions please:

1. In your early posts you gave the dimensions as H 370mm x W 270 x D 165. On your website it says H 430mm x W 310 x   
    D 165. Can you clarify what the difference is please and exactly how high it is (including all fittings) as I would be   
    mounting the unit on a slide thru the side of the CT for supplying a permanent ensuite inside the CT, so exact dimensions
    are critical.

2. When turning the unit on from cold, how much water comes thru the shower rose before it gets to the desired
    temperature?

Thanks and cheers,
Avo.
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2016, 07:52:50 PM »

@ weeds

I did a quick search in my inbox and I don't think you emailed me yet, so, please do when you can :)

In any case, the shower head switch does give a bit of resistance under pressure. I know it is a bit hard, but, if your one seems to be too difficult to slide up and down then hit me up and I'll organise to get a replacement one out to you. It might just be that you have a very stubborn switch! Definitely annoying, so, please let me know and we'll get to

Hi Bart.....your team has sorted it, a replacement has been received, awesome service.

Just been camping for four days but there was a shower block.....didn't get to give the replacement one a run.

Cheers

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:18 AM »
@ feisty

Thanks for that :) I did enjoy my leave :)!

I'll PM you now.

@ avotrol

Avo, great questions!

1. I recently updated the dimensions on the website to H 430mm x W 310 x D 165. Well, by recently I mean about 2 months ago, or so. 

These dimensions are the actual dimensions of the unit, including the mounting tabs, handle and water/ gas valves. Basically, maximum dimensions, so, you can use these when you are planning your sliding mechanism. To be more precise, when you add on the water adaptors (eg. the quick fittings, not the actual hose), tack on an extra 10mm to the Height (ie. 440mm).

They were updated for this exact reason, to give maximum measurements so that people can plan their builds and see how they are with space.

You'll need to keep in mind that you will also have to leave some room for the gas and water lines. This really depends how you run them (opening at the bottom of the enclosure, 90d bend to the front, etc.).

2. When you run the unit from cold, the water actually starts heating up right away. Some factors which affect the rate of heat increase:

- Source water temperature. If it is the middle of winter and your source water is a few degrees, it will take slightly longer to heat up to your desired temperature than if it were the middle of summer and you had 15C water coming in.

- Gas setting. The higher the gas setting = more gas coming in = larger the heating capacity of the unit.

- Flow setting. The higher the water setting = faster flow of water = slower heat increase.
Meanwhile, the lower the water setting = slower flow of water = faster heat increase. This way the water spends the most time travelling through the heat exchanger.

The quantitative answer would depend on the above factors. For arguments sake, lets say you go camping today and it is relatively warm. You'd probably use a couple of litres to get it to a shower temperature of 42C (at low flow and max gas).

Sorry for the long response to your questions. I tend to go overboard with questions like these because I rather try and cover everything, this way you know exactly what you're dealing with. Feel free to email me if you'd like to have a bit more of a chat.

@ weeds

Ah, awesome news! Keep me posted on how this one goes :)

www.joolca.com.au

Offline avotrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2016, 08:49:39 AM »
Thanks Bart
GU Patrol with home away from home.

Offline needles

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2016, 05:06:53 AM »
I'm really tired because last night I had a quick look for a hws on ebay and saw all the competitors and started to read their various claims of being unique and the best etc etc. I initially went looking for Country Comfort having seen one installed in a camper for sale once, but CC need to update their advertising since their claim on ebay that their's is the only Australian standards-compliant system is clearly not true. That sort of advertising makes me immediately suspicious of their honesty and thus dependability if something goes wrong. Well the quick read has turned into a marathon and I haven't slept! but having trawled numerous forums I can say the positive reports from Joocla users regarding back up service is compelling. Also, I always check for user feedback if buying on ebay and I find the seller's responses to negative feedback is very telling. I must say Bart has handled criticism through this forum with dignity and respect. I am very impressed. Only (petty) criticism I would say based on last night's experience is that Adrian joked too much in Joocla's youtube product demonstration videos (embedded in the ebay listing). The videos are helpful, but they would be even better if they were more succinct. just saying, coz I am exhausted from all the reading and his relaxed approach came after I was already reeling from info overload and just wanting to get to the crux.
I am setting up a slide on camper for my ute and want to be able to use this for my ute camping, but also for when I tow my caravan. I think I will store it in my ute box, so I'm thinking the long hoses and the higher-flow pump are desirable. Any word on when the Outing kits will be available again for dispatch? Thanks. Cam.

Offline Bart@Joolca

• Tent User
    • Joolca
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
Hey Cam,

Judging by the fact that your 'quick look' has turned into a 'marathon' I'm confident in saying that you do exactly what I do. You find something that you need/ want and then scour the net and read reviews/ blogs/ forums/ posts/ watch videos and try find every bit of information. I'm always looking at the negative reviews and comments because that's where the real truth lies (usually - unless the reviewer is just trying to sabotage the company because of misuse, etc.).

Thanks for the kind words about us (Joolca) and me :)!

Our videos are pretty cheeky and we have had feedback that they would be a bit more effective if they were, in fact, succinct. So, we have already started planning a better script where only the necessary information is given. Good spot! There are probably quite a few people that would appreciate a solid overview video that gets right to it.

We are out of stock of the Electrical Leads (SAE to Cigarette/ Alligator) and the FLOTAP6 pumps - everything else for the OUTING kit is in. We are expecting them in in early March and as soon as they arrive we will get them out. If possible, on the same day. If there are any shipping delays then this may be pushed back a bit, but I can't imagine it being by much.

Just to give you a bit of insight - our 6LPM pump couples perfectly with the HOTTAP. The range of flow of the unit is between 4-6LPM, so, the 6LPm covers everything. Furthermore, the unit has a flow regulator on the water inlet side, so anything above 6LPM gets brought back down to 6LPM. It actually is a very good fit in terms of flow rate. Of course, sometimes you may have an application/ other uses where you'd want a larger flow pump.

If you store the unit in your ute box, and it is free to move around, try get something to pad it with just to keep it safe and sound :)

By the way, I hope you've slept by now ;)

www.joolca.com.au